Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/5/21 12:07 p.m.

I've been playing with a design for my truck, based roughly on the '09-'14 F-350 logos.  Anyone have thoughts?

Image result for f350 emblem

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/21 12:15 p.m.

I did a modified version of a Spitfire MkIV emblem using my 3D printer. I also used the model and 3D printer to make masks for painting the surface and protecting the recesses. It took a little while to get the script just right, but I am pretty pleased with it.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/5/21 2:38 p.m.

I designed a "coach tag" for the EVSR body that I designed. Have produced 10 tags and installed 4 so far, but neglected to take photos of the processblush  Basically a 3D printed letter set and outline filled in with urethane resin to look approximately cloisonne. More letter sets are being printed now by an associate of mine, I have no printer.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/5/21 2:46 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

I designed a "coach tag" for the EVSR body that I designed. Have produced 10 tags and installed 4 so far, but neglected to take photos of the processblush  Basically a 3D printed letter set and outline filled in with urethane resin to look approximately cloisonne. More letter sets are being printed now by an associate of mine, I have no printer.

Question for you... Do you know if anyone ever made any Turner key fobs?

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/21 2:57 p.m.

I never have but now I want too...

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/21 3:18 p.m.
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/5/21 3:44 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

Yes there were cloisonne Turner key fobs. I have only seen one in the late Steve Egins' 1600cc crossflow Ford powered car which was street driven. it had the full Turner emblem with the two griffons facing each other.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/5/21 3:48 p.m.

Ugh. How to combine the symbols from Opel, Porsche, VW, and Audi...

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/5/21 11:10 p.m.

While searching other EVSR stuff I found that I did take a few progress pics of the coach tags, but none of the finished part. These are actually failures, all urethane molded, no 3D printing. The air bubbles in the purple defeated the technique.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/6/21 5:11 a.m.

I made vinyl decal replicas of the Chaparral logos on my old boat. The originals were molded plastic, missing pieces and NLA for decades.  The decals look great but would be so much better in 3D

67LS1
67LS1 New Reader
2/6/21 9:42 a.m.

I made a 217 emblem from a 230 emblem but ended up not using it.

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner New Reader
2/8/21 10:39 a.m.

I had badges made up for my Subaru Impreza 2.5RS clone, well, it was all RS except for the 1.8L engine.   1.8RS stickers were made up and installed.

JENNEVSR
JENNEVSR
4/10/21 12:13 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Here are some photos, Mr. B:

JENNEVSR
JENNEVSR New Reader
4/10/21 12:14 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
4/10/21 7:48 p.m.

A friend sold his Turner to someone in the midwest. Silver with double black stripes, Ford 1500, vintage race car.  Yours now?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/10/21 7:58 p.m.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/10/21 8:06 p.m.

I'm working on emblems for my '60 El Camino.

It will have a 502, but the only big block available in 1960 was the 348 W block.  The car was an original 6 cyl, so all the emblems will go.  The new ones will be based on the 348 emblems and the V8 emblems of the day, with a hint of 502.

I don't want cheesy stick-on emblems (like the "Streetmachine" one a previous owner put on it).  I want them to look like they could have been original.

I haven't settled on the design, so I can't post them yet.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
4/10/21 9:27 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/21 8:18 a.m.

In reply to JThw8 :

I haven't gotten to it yet but I picked up a chrome plating kit off Amazon for mine. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/11/21 8:34 a.m.
jgrewe said:

A friend sold his Turner to someone in the midwest. Silver with double black stripes, Ford 1500, vintage race car.  Yours now?

No sir - Turner is my middle name, so for namesake alone I want Turner gear. 

I only learned of their existence about a year ago on here. Which is shocking that I'd never heard of them - my dad had an Austin Healey, MGB, Opel, i have been hanging out here since I was 16 or 17...

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
4/11/21 10:33 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I can only offer a picture of one, lol.  I did a lot of work on it for the last two owners. Painted it twice; after a rollover and then a slide on its drivers side.  I fixed all kinds of rear suspension issues that had been added to the car and the guy knocked 20 seconds off his lap time at Sebring.

The last name of the second friend to own it is Turner. We always joked about giving the car some better provenance by claiming he was Jack Turner's illegitimate son.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/11/21 1:31 p.m.
jgrewe said:

In reply to mtn :

I can only offer a picture of one, lol.  I did a lot of work on it for the last two owners. Painted it twice; after a rollover and then a slide on its drivers side.  I fixed all kinds of rear suspension issues that had been added to the car and the guy knocked 20 seconds off his lap time at Sebring.

The last name of the second friend to own it is Turner. We always joked about giving the car some better provenance by claiming he was Jack Turner's illegitimate son.

Jack Turner is my granddad. 

Different Jack Turner, though they did each have a heart attack in 1966. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CJZx3J7cYN09vraVoKgkgsV1Lgrwy1MMxmYoLnjdSGU4rj4QuDzbaKwgEkLZgCMg