Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
7/1/08 12:54 p.m.

I had a pretty serious collection of 1:18 scale cars going until I sold about half of them last year. I've still probably got 50 in their boxes and the rest on display throughout the house. Just wanted to see if there were any other die cast fans on the GRM boards and what kind of cars are you collecting. The majority of mine are either from Maisto or Burago but I've got a bunch of others from autoart, kyosho, and various other brands. I haven't bought any in a while as I've been trying to downsize the collection, but while bored at work I started browsing whats new... and I'm damn tempted.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
7/1/08 1:00 p.m.

I do, but only cars I've owned or LeMans winners. I probably only get a new one every two or three years. I'm currently coveting the AutoArt Mazda 787B that won LeMans in '91.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
7/1/08 1:15 p.m.

Sort of... I collect die-cast (and plastic, and resin, and paper) models of Lancia Strati. And magazines, and books, and photographs... you get the idea.

Street, rally, silhouette, got most of the plastic that were ever made, and quite a few of the metal... Still missing that awesome 1/12 plastic model though

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/1/08 1:18 p.m.

I have a GT40 and an Elise. I don't know what the scale is, but they are around 8-9" long. I kick myself each time I think of the Esprits I saw at Biglots for $10 ea.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/1/08 1:44 p.m.

If someone can find me a mothertrucking 1988 - 1993 Mustang (not the stupid Texas law enforcement one), please chime in. I've been looking for 15 years and I've NEVER seen one. Ever! I just want a die cast model of my first (and favorite) car. If it happens to be a 1992 Mustang GT convertible, I'd be even happier. Green, please. With white leather.

Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
7/1/08 2:18 p.m.

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/page/browse?join=1&back=3&what=1&c0=Make%3AFord+&c1=Model&checked=Mustang+5.0+GT+&checked=Mustang+Cobra+R+

Those are the only fox body mustangs I could find in 1:18... Bad news is that theyre out of production and pretty expensive

To browse a wealth of 1:18 cars check out www.scale18.com ... If anything It'll keep you busy at work for a few hours.

Edit: My link keeps failing, but if you check out the site and check out the cars by GMP, they make 2 fox bodies that are around $100 a piece.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/1/08 10:46 p.m.

I used to collect toy cars before I got into the 1:1 stuff. Sold them off pretty heavily to finance my new habit. However, I will still buy stuff that has some relationship to the vehicles I do, or have, owned.

AutoArt is the devil's work, created to empty my bank account.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
7/2/08 6:41 a.m.

For FOX Mustangs, go here:

http://www.speednation.com/store/mustang.html

That should be what you're looking for.

I agree about Auto Art. I can't help but buy their stuff. I've got well over 100 1:18 cars, mostly from Kyosho, Auto Art and Minichamps but I do have some cheapy Burago and Welly stuff too. I've also bought maybe 50 1:43 and 1:24 cars as well. Mostly I buy stuff that I can"t afford in 1:1 scale.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
7/2/08 7:00 a.m.

I've got about a half-dozen 1:18s, and another two dozen 1:24s. Mostly Minichamps, but a couple are GMP, which have gorgeous detail. I write them off as "research" for my drawings.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/2/08 9:13 a.m.

That GMP 1992 Mustang is gorgeous.

CivicSiRacer
CivicSiRacer New Reader
7/2/08 12:41 p.m.

I have a couple that Hot Wheels made of the 99-00 Civic Si coupes, Initial D Skyline, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, and one CRX.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/08 4:33 p.m.

I have an entire shelf full of 1:43 Italian cars.. I am just starting on the German

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
7/2/08 9:57 p.m.

I have a few, although it's probably not enough to amount to a collection. Auto Art recently came out with a 1:18 scale BMW M535i, the same color as my real car, so I had to buy it.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/2/08 10:18 p.m.

I'm on a hot wheels buget for colecting. I want to pick up the full line up for a year some time

MitchellC
MitchellC New Reader
7/2/08 10:54 p.m.

My dad and I collected 1/64 Nascar Racing Champions cars. There's probably at least 75 of them; all in their original boxes, I think they're 1990-1996 models, but I'm not sure.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/3/08 2:22 a.m.

I started with 1/64 Nascar models too. Now I mostly collect First gear trucks, Model buses and the occasional plastic model.

Luke
Luke HalfDork
7/3/08 3:35 a.m.

That 535i is really cool. There's something about models of 'normal', or obscure cars that appeals to me much more than models of exotics.

Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
7/4/08 8:09 p.m.

I have several thousand hotwheels,. matchbox, etc

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
7/4/08 8:54 p.m.

I have bout 100 1:64 classic mustangs, some are pretty cool and rare, I especially like the 69 Mustangs....who'd a guessed my 1:1 models are RX7s

maroon92
maroon92 Dork
7/5/08 12:57 a.m.

I have a TON of Hot Wheels, and Matchbox cars. I recently got into bigger stuff, I have a Ferrari 275 GTB, a Mercedes CLK GTR, a few Mustangs, an Enzo, and a Plymouth Barracuda. I also have a few Dinky Toys...a Merc Gullwing, and a Porsche 356B coupe.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pSpOXRpSEd9Hr3yZP5ocaPgCskqxgwIGvurFtwKordUPNlCz3uoWanvROdEUfjG9