Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/15/19 11:02 a.m.

There is a 1995 SW2 in the LKQ U-Pull-It yard out there that is the same color as mine, and may well have the right rear quarter panel I need for Slushie the Saturn-

The body panels are all bolt and clip on, so no torches or saws required.   If you could confirm, or better yet, remove the quarter panel if it is good and hold it for me until I am able to go down there and pick it up from you, I would gladly pay you for your trouble.   

Section: GM

Row: 8

Space: 7

It has been in there less than a week.  This color, year, and model is difficult to find.

moltar
moltar New Reader
10/17/19 8:54 p.m.

I'm in the St Louis area and could swing by and pick it up, but not until the 27th. Think it will still be there?

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/18/19 6:43 a.m.

I'm not even sure it is there now.   

I'm going to try to make a quick daytrip down there and back from Chicago tomorrow.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/20/19 9:25 a.m.

Horrible photo that I took while taking it off, but it did have an undamaged quarter panel.   $30 later, and I was on my way.  I have been looking for nearly two years for one in this color.  The only ones I could find were over $100 and several hours away.  I had a guy nearby that had one, but he wanted $150.

I managed to score enough parts from other vehicles to cover the fuel for the trip down there and back (we drove the Prius- 50MpG FTW), and also did a little pickin' for our midcentury modern business with my wife while we were in the area.

Then I went to Monon, Indiana "on the way home" and scored some Wilwood brakes, 2" dropped spindles, rack and pinion, tubular UCAs, and a thicker sway bar for a car I haven't even found yet.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/20/19 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

That Saturn panel is "late century modern", The suspension parts on the other hand certainly qualify as mid century moderncheeky

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KyLACs3c6WhVgtMSi0Fj331NaK5Cg079WbPiWel2k4mrjOiwBGL24vg94Qaiwagf