1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/15/19 3:44 p.m.
Crxpilot said:

https://sidehustleschool.com/episode/32/

"How a Los Angeles man leases a fleet of 16 cars and rents them out at a higher rate making over $4,000/month."

"Tahsir also got incredibly lucky with his dozen of the cheaper ones during an incredible promotion when the manufacturer was overstocked on a particular model, the Chevrolet Cruze.

To make it all work out, he found a partner at an airline parking lot who would handle many of the pickups and returns for renters visiting from out of town. He spent a lot of time communicating with customers from his page on Turo, but that communication was the majority of his hustle workload."

I love these shows but I live in Flyoverstan and can't take much risk.

"How I concocted a story as a front for selling drugs."

dps214
dps214 Reader
8/16/19 10:00 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

I'm not sure who would be renting these cars honestly. I did a quick pull up of what is available and 2006-2007 minivans for $65 a day? Bunch of 10-15 y/o 4runners for $60-$80 a day? $99 a day for a 10 y/o wrangler? Versa for $69 a day? 

I can get all of these new or almost new for $35-$40 a day from National/Enterprise. 

What I said about renting out cars applies to renting them too. Really only worth it if you need a specific, niche vehicle or the absolute cheapest thing available. In most cases I'd agree with your assessment that it's not worth it for the cheapness. But a few weeks ago I flew out to Seattle for a friend's wedding. The same "fiesta or similar" or whatever that's $30/day from hertz here was like $65 out there. The cheapest thing on turo was an older prius for like $35 a day. Honestly we mostly did it for the experience but it was a pretty decent cost savings...and a good story.

cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
8/16/19 7:51 p.m.

Downloading the Turo app and my old eyes can't help but read the logo as 'TURD'

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HYkzcI1oS3FlIt3pAysvrXIINr5bp5uXtTTzIT4zb6gAOfiedU77jaskba2OnQZa