1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 11:47 a.m.
Autolex wrote: can we make a requirement that the class winners have to disclose the car configuration? (spring rates, turbo/supercharger, camber, sway bar rates)...

I think we were already requring a description of the car, but i personally wasn't planning on giving up my spring rates, camber, toe, etc...

But that's up to everyone. I don't have a problem with it.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/29/09 11:48 a.m.
John Brown wrote: Week 1: October 30,2009 - November 02,2009, Official timing begins at 6:00pm EST and ends at 6:00am EST. No limit on track time before (recce) or during the official timing session, times set during recce can not be counted. Laguna Seca 10 laps CLASSES: MF: Modified Front Any front wheel drive production class vehicle. MR: Modified Rear Any rear wheel drive production class vehicle including MR and RR M4: Modified 4 Wheel Any all wheel drive production class vehicle No limit on modifications. Production class vehicles are NON RACE vehicles that can be purchased new or used. Post your best single lap time and total lap time as well as a complete description of your vehicle including modifications (except for "tuning" specifications) before Tuesday 6:00pm. If the competition thinks you are cheating you will be asked to provide your settings to verify capabilities.

Ruleset adjusted.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 11:48 a.m.

Need input on the smack talk chat idea, though.

We could modify one of the posts, probably John's at the top of page 2 to show everyone's AIM username who will be competing that would like to take part in the smack talk, helpful advice, etc chat?

John Brown
10/29/09 11:53 a.m.

Why don't you copy and paste my previous post into the first post of this thread and we will update the week and runs there?

John Brown
10/29/09 12:09 p.m.

Nevermind see post 2

John Brown
10/29/09 12:11 p.m.

Added some to the ruleset to screw with people.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 1:07 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Added some to the ruleset to screw with people.

Nooooo.... we need race tires, and can we PUHLEASE leave tire wear off? That's one thing that i really hate about this game. I appreciate the attempt at realism, but the tires wear far faster than they should. No matter how hard i push, there is no reason for a set of tires to wear out after 5 laps at Laguna Seca.

John Brown
10/29/09 1:49 p.m.

I will give you R compounds.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 1:53 p.m.

What do i have to bribe you with to take the tire wear off?

I'll let you ban me from FWD Toyotas for the FF class.

John Brown
10/29/09 2:32 p.m.

Come on Ben, you mean you can't run flat out for ten laps on a set of tires?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 2:50 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Come on Ben, you mean you can't run flat out for ten laps on a set of tires?

I don't think so... even with traction control on. Strange to me, since i don't even run crazy camber settings or anything.

I'll test again tonite, and decide if i have to bribe you. I do know for sure that i can't do two laps of the Ring, for example.

On the endurance races, i always pit 3-4x as much as the AI players.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/29/09 2:59 p.m.

then get some harder compound tires!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 3:56 p.m.
Autolex wrote: then get some harder compound tires!

That's no fun. Then i'm slower, and the cars can't put down the power.

It's a video game, i don't want it THAT realistic.

John Brown
10/29/09 4:11 p.m.

Then stop in to the pits ;)

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/30/09 8:27 a.m.

it's a balancing act... you gotta get slightly harder compound tires so you don't have to pit, but not so hard that you are giving up a huge amount of time to it.

John Brown
10/30/09 8:36 a.m.

I marathoned a couple million credits last night for my American Modified Rear Wheel Drive car and my Japanese Modified Four Wheel Drive car. I haven't decided what will be my Modified Front Wheel Drive car yet... I guess it will be European.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/30/09 8:52 a.m.

I've never spent as much time fiddling with a cars suspension as I did yesterday. My RWD car is still death on wheels. Should be fun.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/30/09 8:58 a.m.

Well, after testing last night, on a 10 lap race of Laguna Seca, i can stretch my R5s to 5 laps, pit once, and still run a faster time than if i were to just run R3s.

So, looks like that's what i'll be doing, but i think i'll really just be competitive in the single lap time bracket.

I think i'm going to end up with Japanese across the board. Two of them may be strange, though.

John Brown
10/30/09 9:40 a.m.

So I change the rule and NOW you are accepting the wear clause?

Have you considered a job in health care or government?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/30/09 9:44 a.m.
John Brown wrote: So I change the rule and NOW you are accepting the wear clause? Have you considered a job in health care or government?

I didn't notice that you changed it to get rid of tire wear. KEEP IT LIKE THAT PLOX!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Funny you should mention that. You DO know that i work in Health Care, yes?

Now.. we have to figure out something to do about the ability to talk smack. What medium do you guys prefer to use?

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/30/09 9:57 a.m.

This thread should suffice...

you suck, your cars suck, your alignment sucks, your tuning abilities suck, your playstation sucks, and you drive like you are holding the controller with your feet.

John Brown
10/30/09 10:05 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
John Brown wrote: So I change the rule and NOW you are accepting the wear clause? Have you considered a job in health care or government?
I didn't notice that you changed it to get rid of tire wear. KEEP IT LIKE THAT PLOX!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Funny you should mention that. You DO know that i work in Health Care, yes? Now.. we have to figure out something to do about the ability to talk smack. What medium do you guys prefer to use?

Ben, I know where you work... it's in your eMail address...

I also know that you need to stop driving with your mouth, cause Lexxy is calling you out!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/30/09 10:09 a.m.
John Brown wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
I didn't notice that you changed it to get rid of tire wear. KEEP IT LIKE THAT PLOX!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Funny you should mention that. You DO know that i work in Health Care, yes? Now.. we have to figure out something to do about the ability to talk smack. What medium do you guys prefer to use?
Ben, I know where you work... it's in your eMail address... I also know that you need to stop driving with your mouth, cause Lexxy is calling you out!

Oh DURRRR... I'm slow, and it's friday. My bad.

I'll get a couple prelim times up tonite to try to put him in his place, but i won't have final submissions until Sunday i think.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/30/09 6:07 p.m.

just getting started today...not that it matters, I am always an Also Ran in these competitions. I are not an engine ear!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/30/09 6:40 p.m.

ha, 20 laps, and I have yet to string two clean laps together. I love monster power, but I am beginning to hate myself as a driver!

1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hAscQcl3QKttvRP0741HUnMWER6rG1jjWuKiHEYtB7IUpSG5S7H6w4jwc63k4Ps8