Erich
Erich UberDork
8/12/18 2:58 p.m.

I just sold a camera for about $500 on the auction site. Bidding was short of what I expected, and the final bidder is a bit fishy to me. 

They've been a member since 2017 but have 0 feedback. No won auctions. Also their location is listed as Czech Republic but have a shipping address in Florida

is this a scam? Am I going to be out a camera and $500 when they get the merch? This is my first set of auctions in a while and I've never had so many 0 feedback bidders. My top 3 all had 0. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/18 3:00 p.m.

The Florida address sounds like a common freight forwarder setup...not necessarily fishy.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/12/18 5:18 p.m.

How do they pay?

Erich
Erich UberDork
8/12/18 5:47 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Paypal I assume. Haven't been paid yet though.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/12/18 9:47 p.m.

If they pay through PayPal you’re probably ok. Not all that unusual, especially if it is a desired item that isn’t necessarily readily available in other countries. I’ve sold to New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and one of the Baltics. About half had me ship to a US state. 

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
8/13/18 2:09 p.m.

They could have an agent  to ship it to them from Florida I suppose... but I believe all of eBay’s international shipping that’s done through their program goes out of Erlanger KY.

(At least that’s been my experience as a seller.)

I have shipped several packages to what seemed like warehouses in Miami though...

With that being said, if they use PayPal, you’re probably covered, but the funds may be tied up while you get it straightened out.

I block zero feedback bidders, but I guess you need to start somewhere?

Erich
Erich UberDork
8/13/18 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

Can't block 0 feedback bidders anymore. -1 or lower only. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/18 5:56 p.m.

I sold slicks to a guy with a russian address but a New Jersey mailing address, worked fine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KjIyW778d9ySkTwcn1XIoVAhtLil82oUY8Ms23rRS9CpYNfrhyr2JKnjz4e5A3Q7