ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
9/21/14 1:10 p.m.

I was talking about automotive related franchising opportunities with a buddy of mine and the only one we could think of was quick oil change business like Jiffy Lube. Can you guys think of any other automotive related franchise opportunities? I am also wondering if those quick oil change places provide decent ROI.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/21/14 1:28 p.m.

There are lots of others. I can think of 4 transmission franchises right now.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
9/21/14 1:51 p.m.

Avis and Budget brands of car and truck rental.

Tuffy, Midas Muffler.

Car wash, detail.

Paint and dent.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/21/14 1:59 p.m.

Several collision shops, tire shops, accessory shops....

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/14 2:50 p.m.

Uh, NAPA...

nervousdog
nervousdog HalfDork
9/21/14 3:00 p.m.

Entrepreneur mag lists 60+ automotive related franchises. I've looked into opening a franchise of some sort.

Jiffy Lube requires a $450k net worth with $150k liquid. Cost to open is estimated at $200k - $400k depending on your area.

That's a lot of coin but you do get instant recognition, advertising, and startup help.

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
9/21/14 6:18 p.m.
nervousdog wrote: Entrepreneur mag lists 60+ automotive related franchises. I've looked into opening a franchise of some sort. Jiffy Lube requires a $450k net worth with $150k liquid. Cost to open is estimated at $200k - $400k depending on your area. That's a lot of coin but you do get instant recognition, advertising, and startup help.

I'll look into this. My buddy has a couple of Subway stores so he's familiar with franchise business model. Jiffy Lube came to my mind because it doesn't require high level of mechanical know how. I didn't realize that Avis and Budget offer franchising opportunities as well.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/14 6:20 p.m.

Aside from NAPA, are any of the other parts store chains franchises?

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/21/14 6:22 p.m.

If you needed mechanical ability to run an auto franchise biz, 90% of them would never be open.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
9/21/14 6:26 p.m.
Woody wrote: Aside from NAPA, are any of the other parts store chains franchises?

O'Reillys, advanced auto parts.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/21/14 6:49 p.m.
Woody wrote: Aside from NAPA, are any of the other parts store chains franchises?

CarQuest, Parts Plus, AutoPro....

Although I am sure CarQuest owners days are numbered after the buyout with Advance......

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
9/21/14 7:06 p.m.

I guess a tool truck franchise is not what you were thinking of but it is automotive related and a franchise. Snap On, MAC, Matco, Cornwell....

drainoil
drainoil Dork
4/7/20 2:02 p.m.

Kennedy Transmission and Midas Muffler are still around me. 

Meineke Muffler use to be. Maybe went the way of Earl Scheib?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/7/20 2:14 p.m.

In reply to drainoil :

Meineke still is, owned by Driven brands, along with 1-800-radiator, macco, ammco and others 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/7/20 2:51 p.m.
davidwood (spammer) said:

I agree with what you wrote if you have time check out my canoesite:

dunno about that.  But I do know that some of the best canoes are made out of wood! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VlZdYbYtDygfrfJyGVWjmJGaVI17dWVCDB8JAj1PA1j18Gt7u2Rg33ocLQLZQ0Ah