1 2 3
Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
12/28/17 10:10 a.m.

-26c here this morning. Our Husky cross went out for about ten minutes then decided to come back in and curl up by the fireplace.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/28/17 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

When its too cold for a husky...

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/28/17 11:10 a.m.

single digit highs here, owning a bunch of diesels makes it fun! 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/17 3:52 p.m.

I just checked the weather again. They are calling for a 50% chance of snow next Wednesday. 

This town in going to fall the hell apart. The locals will thing the world is coming to an end. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/28/17 3:55 p.m.

Hey, my new neutral safety switch came in today, let's check the weather see when it's going to get installed.

Oh wait, nothing higher than 25 over the next 12 days?

I'm now seriously considering buying something else to drive because it's too cold to work on either of the cars I currently own. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/28/17 4:12 p.m.

It was 1F this morning in lovely Dayton OH.  I see negatives on the horizon.  I'm dogsitting two elderly dogs for friends that went to SC for the holiday, they arrive back here in a few hours.  I told the wife of the two I hope you took coats with you, after hearing her talk about 60F over the weekend.

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
12/28/17 8:51 p.m.

The temp was -3 this morning in Brockway, PA and the afternoon high was in the low teens. For someone who moved here less than 2 1/2yrs ago (from Atlanta, GA), I'm amazed that I found walking around town this afternoon kinda "pleasant". The weather-guessers don't see temps above freezing for another ten days so by then "normal" will seem positively balmy.

For long-time Atlanta residents, do you remember that when temps dipped into the teens it was referred to as Rush Minshew Weather?devil

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/28/17 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

And not a single loaf of bread or gallon of milk was to be found...

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon New Reader
12/29/17 1:01 a.m.

Here in Edmonton it’s currently minus 26 Celsius with a wind and supposed to go down to minus 32 with wind. The life of being up in the north in winter. This is why my parents spend winter in lake havasu.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/29/17 4:23 a.m.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/17 6:39 a.m.

32* and rain this morning. I think I'd almost rather have snow. At least then I'd have an excuse to stay home. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
12/29/17 12:16 p.m.

-20F predicted low for two nites in a row at Wells, NY.

Should freeze Lake Algonquin enough ice for an early start of ice racing.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon New Reader
12/29/17 12:59 p.m.
fasted58 said:

This is why my parents spend winter in lake havasu 

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
12/29/17 2:27 p.m.

Currently -2F* here but not abnormal. Warming in the the 20s by Monday.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/29/17 2:35 p.m.

Currently 14* F here (-10* C). Wife has reported that the Pyrenees is rolling in the snow and standing in the wind; the Samoyed mix is just laying on a snowbank. Both have been outside for over 2 hours; she got them in for about a minute with a treat. The Samoyed stole the treat from her hand and walked back outside while the Pyr came in. The Pyr then rang the bells on the door to be let back out. She went out and put the Mushers Secret on their paw pads then took a nap inside.

Oh well, just hope no one calls us on animal cruelty. 

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
12/29/17 4:07 p.m.

Currently in Disney World with the family.  It's in the low 50's here, which is freezing for this area.  Not enjoying the cold temps...bring back the 80's please.

Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
12/29/17 4:34 p.m.

Today was the last day of "nice" temps. It was a balmy 14*F. Monday it's supposed to be -10. Predicted single digits this coming week. That's one down side of central Indiana, we get the cold ass negative double digit winters and the 100* and humid summers. No wonder Batteries only last 3-4 years here. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
12/29/17 5:29 p.m.

This weekend seems to be the coldest then a gradual shift back to more normal temps.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/17 5:31 p.m.

This is bullE36 M3.  After a week I can feel every bone I’ve broken, I just pulled a muscle coughing, and I had to put down 200 lbs of salt in a bus stop by hand because some jackasses doing construction have water running out across the sidewalk into the street,  Is it almost spring?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/29/17 5:53 p.m.

They're threatening snow where I am. I'm moving to the sun. 

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
12/29/17 6:17 p.m.
NGTD said:

In reply to iceracer :

got it warmed up and changed over to a 5W30 synthetic.

Try 0w30. I use 0w year round - have for years now.

0w20 in the "rubber crank" Chrysler 200 since I've owned it.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
12/29/17 7:32 p.m.

Pretty damn cold here in SoNE too. Coldest I can remember this early in the season. Anyway, the '98 Contour SVT, my daily driver, and Annie's '12 Sonata, both had recent coolant flushes and changes, so we're good. My '96 Miata is OK, and safely in the garage, as is the '68 Spitfire, which has been completely drained to replace the water pump. So we only need to think about the oil bill. But that doesn't worry me. 

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
12/29/17 9:04 p.m.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3938393/its-so-cold-in-calgary-its-too-chilly-for-penguins-at-the-calgary-zoo/

Here it is too cold for the penguins to be outside. frown

Supposed to be -33C tomorrow. Yuck.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
12/30/17 7:19 a.m.

When it's too cold for penguins, there's definitely a problem. Stupid weather has already cost me $200 on a dead car battery and a small heater so crap won't freeze. Not even January yet. Sunnova ........

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/2/18 6:44 a.m.

We have a slab house, been below freezing. Everything has been good except last night doing laundry, "Hey, what is that. OH ---- there is water all over the floor."

Shut it down, space heater behind the washer for a couple of hours (after cleaning up the water of course) and back to doing laundry.

Never had the pea trap in the washer drain tube freeze (supply lines weren't frozen next to it), especially when the rest of the house is just fine. But it is against an outside wall so.......

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NTWYZ47juh9DgSIa4m6TIDvR8JPUQdhJafhyq2lkZeWV2oJn4uwslxdKola86pLw