1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/10/20 2:14 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
z31maniac said:

Backyard looks great! Really in awe of how you've hammered through getting all this done.

Thank you sir. Learned 97% from you tube.  Happy with how it came out. Next 2 weeks learn you tube, to do framing for the sunroom and how to assemble Four Season Glass. 

97%?

Glad to see my advice helped a whole 3%........

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/11/20 7:24 p.m.

Not too much progress 

started the front tree bench 

and finishing rear floating bench . 

also tile for sunroom was delivered 

D2W
D2W Dork
3/12/20 11:47 a.m.

You sir are a machine. 

Can you elaborate a little more on the process for the finish inside the pool? Is that stuff sprayed on and finished? I'm thinking about building a soaking pool myself. I can form and pour the concrete, and then was going to tile the interior. This looks better.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/12/20 3:25 p.m.
D2W said:

You sir are a machine. 

Can you elaborate a little more on the process for the finish inside the pool? Is that stuff sprayed on and finished? I'm thinking about building a soaking pool myself. I can form and pour the concrete, and then was going to tile the interior. This looks better.

Thank you. I think the Pebblec is fantastic. Night and day difference between from  the plaster.  The stuff is premixed and sprayed on, yes. 

I can't do it justice, so I wil include some links:

Pebble Tec Pool Finish

Pebble Tec pool finish uses a mix of pebbles that have been blasted to a smooth surface with a shiny exterior. These pebbles are bound together utilizing a durable aggregate. Therefore, it looks like you are walking on the bottom of clear stream, right in your pool.

Pros

Pebble Tec pool finishes are the highest quality pool finish on the market. It quarries its own stone so it can carry out its own quality control to create a visually appealing, high-quality finish.

Pebble Tec is extremely durable. Compared to plaster pools that only last between 6-8 years, Pebble Tec pool finishes can last from 10-15 years.

Pebble Tec pools use proprietary technology. This pool finish uses its own proprietary pigment application process and mixing formula to create a one-of-a-product you won’t find anywhere else.

Cons

Pebble Tec pool surfaces are more expensive. Compared to plaster, Pebble Tec is more expensive due to the high quality pool resurfacing material it uses.

Pebble Tec is a little rougher. Pebble Tec pools are a little rougher on your feet than plaster. However, depending on the Pebble Tec you choose, some are smoother than others.

For more information on plaster vs. Pebble Tec pool finishes, or to start your pool project today, contact us here at Paradise Oasis Pools with the link below!

https://www.paradiseoasispools.com/blog/plaster-vs-pebble-tec-pool-finishes-pros-and-cons

https://willshapools.com/pool-finish-comparison-guide/

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/19/20 2:04 p.m.

Well sadly not much got done recently. With Egypt trip cancelled 

• all new appliances came. So installed all that. However Bosch fridge is back ordered so Best Buy sent me a E36 M3ty fridge to use in meantime. 
    new oven, micro oven, new stove, new hood, new dishwasher . All done 

kitchen is finished 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/19/20 2:05 p.m.

Backyard . am on schedule. Would have been ahead of schedule but rain has wasted two weeks 

• did the pool flex seal 
  • finished the stain 

then it rained today. 

future plan: 

• seal backyard tomorrow 
  • finish rear bench Saturday 
  • new folding door install 3/27 when it comes 
  • new pool heater install 3/25 

after that will start the sunroom. Pick up sunroom tiles tomorrow 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/19/20 2:22 p.m.

That is amazing.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/19/20 2:36 p.m.
NOHOME said:

That is amazing.

Thank you. From where I started, to where it is now, it is a dramatic change for sure. I put the pics here as I have been working, as it helps me see the before and after. Sometimes when I am often frustrated tackling work like this, that I have never done, it is inspiration to see the "before"

Spending sunday learning how to install and hang patio glass door and then learn how to work on the sunroom glass. I need to learn drywall (ceiling) and tiling work (floor) 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/19/20 9:00 p.m.

Got the belt drive garage opener installed today 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/20/20 12:47 p.m.

Sunroom
Tile
Picked up 

Government determined tile is essential 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/21/20 12:51 p.m.

Bench all done 

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/23/20 9:25 a.m.

I continue to be impressed, keep up the great work!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/23/20 10:45 a.m.

In reply to collinskl1 :

Thank you kindly. Pool heater and folding door for patio has been delivered this morning. Will tackle them this week 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/25/20 1:24 p.m.

Pool heater completed 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/26/20 7:20 p.m.

Getting ready to change the rear patio door tomorrow .

going from a single slider (4.5feet glass opening) to a full folding door with 10 feet opening. 

this is the last piece of work before I start the sunroom, sunroom floor, sunroom roof drywall. 

befoere pic of door: 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/27/20 11:32 a.m.

Got the old door out 

took 1.5 hours 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/27/20 6:01 p.m.

door finished 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/27/20 8:56 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Heck yeah!! I have a double slider w/two fixed panes in the tavern room of my house, and looked at the folding doors. They were like $25k versus the $5k that the slider was. (and that was self-install.) That looks reaaaaal nice though. I guess the sliders have the advantage of a screen, though? Man that opening is sweet.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/27/20 9:35 p.m.
dculberson said:

Heck yeah!! I have a double slider w/two fixed panes in the tavern room of my house, and looked at the folding doors. They were like $25k versus the $5k that the slider was. (and that was self-install.) That looks reaaaaal nice though. I guess the sliders have the advantage of a screen, though? Man that opening is sweet.

Thank you kindly.

We didn't get this door 4-5 years ago, due to the no screen factor. 

however now you can get side screens for these doors. 

having said all that - I won't be putting screens on it. Because the outside patio you see - that is where my full glass sunroom will be. Sunroom will have one normal door one side, and 3 6 feet sliding glass on the front. Those will have screens. 

so plan is to keep this folding door open to sun room all the time. 

it made a huge difference and I am glad we did the door finally:) 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/4/20 8:42 p.m.

Project got stalled. My cousin just passed away in Toronto. Had to deal with that this week. Ugh Covid. 

To keep sane, back to work. 

here are all the sunroom things. Going to start framing tomorrow 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/6/20 10:58 a.m.

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/6/20 11:05 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Thank you Aaron for your kind words. When all this mess started, my wife had mentioned "before this is over, we will know someone who passed away from this." Sad part is not saying goodbye, and not being able to do a proper funeral. Gotta keep our head high and trudge along. I am remembering the good times. 

Be safe out there.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/6/20 12:25 p.m.

I hear you, we had a close family friend pass 3 weeks ago.  She lived 10 miles from us but the family can not have a funeral or anything that we could go to, not fun at all.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/6/20 12:47 p.m.

crying

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/13/20 6:24 p.m.

Update: 

finally started working on the last piece of the backyard. The 400 sq feet sunroom. Materials have been here sitting , but due to rain haven't been able to work. 

I am still ahead of schedule for my May completion. 

To do:

• Framing for sunroom
  • add additonal rafters 
  • install windows and doors (4 doors) 
  • do full tile flooring 
  • do full drywall roof 

Today competed the first of the framing and tracks . Next two weeks no rain. 

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NL7yXU1f3CH32PftXNy4DtLPzpy7WHK11vaEUh6a3O3NWJwjI3Fw8z4azlODfBuL