1 2
NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
1/30/09 2:33 a.m.

"...weave twinkies together with bacon to form a pliable wall..."

This sort of instructions come from either Heaven, or the Twilight Zone; it doesn't really matter which. Wow.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
1/30/09 8:06 a.m.

I saw this Bacon Exlposion on two different news networks already this morning! I'm so jelous of those anchors who get to try it!

924guy
924guy HalfDork
1/30/09 8:11 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Bacon is like the candy of meat!

Yes, but the question is, IS Bacon really MEAT???

actual meat or no, i gotta try that...

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
1/30/09 9:45 a.m.
Osterizer wrote:
Salanis wrote: Weave bacon. Add a layer of sausage. Add more bacon. Roll up tight. BBQ. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/28bacon.html?no_interstitial

Photobucket

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
1/30/09 11:59 a.m.

glitch bump

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
11/4/09 8:29 a.m.

Just got back from the butcher.

We picked up a 10 lb box of bacon, and 2 lbs. of hot italian sausage, and will be starting on this in a few minutes. What sides are recommended? I was thinking home fries. Thoughts?

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/4/09 8:47 a.m.

I'd say home fries, or possibly some eggs. Poach them, put it on a sammich with the explosion.
Maybe an ambulance, just for safety's sake.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/09 8:52 a.m.

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
11/4/09 8:54 a.m.

you can serve it with a little flag on top that shows the locations of nearby ERs, its not for you... its for whoever finds you.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/09 8:55 a.m.

I wants can has congestive heart failure!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
11/4/09 9:53 a.m.
suprf1y wrote: Just got back from the butcher. We picked up a 10 lb box of bacon, and 2 lbs. of hot italian sausage, and will be starting on this in a few minutes. What sides are recommended? I was thinking home fries. Thoughts?

Bacon.

RossD
RossD HalfDork
11/4/09 10:03 a.m.

< Homer> "Bring me two of every animal!"< /Homer>

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/4/09 10:30 a.m.

I can just hear all those hearts trying to force pure lard through arteries.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
11/4/09 10:52 a.m.
suprf1y wrote: What sides are recommended? I was thinking home fries. Thoughts?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/4/09 11:15 a.m.
suprf1y wrote: Just got back from the butcher. We picked up a 10 lb box of bacon, and 2 lbs. of hot italian sausage, and will be starting on this in a few minutes. What sides are recommended? I was thinking home fries. Thoughts?

Oooh, me, me! Nuke a couple potatoes, with skins on, and let cool. Slice thin, but not too thin (barely 1/4-inch) into rounds and drop into hot mixed fat left from fry-fest. Fry until golden, flip and finish. Eat crisp-tender breakfast chips with porks and eggs just as you would home fries. Thank me later.

Margie

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
11/4/09 11:29 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote:
Oooh, me, me! Nuke a couple potatoes, with skins on, and let cool. Slice thin, but not too thin (barely 1/4-inch) into rounds and drop into hot mixed fat left from fry-fest. Fry until golden, flip and finish. Eat crisp-tender breakfast chips with porks and eggs just as you would home fries. Thank me later Margie

From the ambulance, the hospital room or from beyond the pearly gates?

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
11/4/09 11:40 a.m.

That sounds just like how we'd make home fries.

The BE isn't all that bad. Is it any worse than eating a bacon cheeseburger, with fries? I think not. You don't have to eat the whole thing at once (although we just might).

I don't eat any dairy, never have, and haven't eaten meat since Monday, so I think I have room in my arteries.

The wife is making her 'country fries'.

Cube the cooled and boiled taters, fry in oil along with lots red onions till crispy. Top with sautéed mushrooms, shredded mozzarella, if desired, and a bit of sour cream - I eat mine plain.

You baconheads need to try this...

http://www.quick-german-recipes.com/beef-rouladen-recipe.html

We've been eating it for years, except my wife puts a thick layer of a ground beef/bread (soaked in milk) mixture instead of the pickle and onion.

Not a whole lot different than the BE, and it's been a regular part of our winter diet for 25 years, hers for over 40.

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
11/4/09 4:53 p.m.

Wasn't kidding.

It was better than I thought it would be. Next time, more bacon.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/09 7:06 p.m.

Nice touch with the olives.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
11/4/09 7:26 p.m.

the only thing I can think of that I like better than bacon is sautéed mushroom and onion.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/09 10:47 p.m.

I like bacon.. but not that much

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
11/5/09 7:55 a.m.

bacon plate could round off that meal.

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
11/5/09 8:14 a.m.

Everybody seems to think it's pretty disgusting. It wasn't at all.

We smoked it for 4 hrs, and all the fat from the sausage meat cooked out, and dripped into the pan, as did a lot of the bacon fat. It was not the least bit greasy. My stomach has a hard time with rich foods, and it didn't bother me one bit. If you're wondering what it tastes like, picture a smoked pork shoulder roast, stuffed with really lean sausage meat. We're definitely making it again, and last night's leftovers are going on a bun for tomorrow's lunch. BTW, those things on the bottom of the plate are parsnip chips.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8nqMt51ETNJ4WYpCretKKHLi0G8PQE2mo6MAWZlBwv0nSGcc6oxYATFcKwPm2x7T