Linky

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
6/23/08 12:14 a.m.

sad day

gamby
gamby SuperDork
6/23/08 12:20 a.m.

That man had a great mind and some very relevant opinions.

This is a colossal, terrible loss. :(

Lesley
Lesley Dork
6/23/08 12:37 a.m.

E36 M3, Piss, berkeley, vajajay, CockSucker, Motherberkeleyer, and Tits.

:(

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
6/23/08 5:47 a.m.

R.I.P GC

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
6/23/08 5:47 a.m.

R.I.P GC

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/23/08 6:18 a.m.

and I said.. "screw you, I'm getting IN the plane"

see ya man.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
6/23/08 6:47 a.m.

Please observe a moment of silence to mark his passing...

Followed immediately by the loudest, most profanity filled bellow of outrage you can muster.

He'd appreciate that.

Fare well, George

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/23/08 7:02 a.m.

'Tits doesn't even belong on the list, man. It sounds like a snack. No, I'm not talking about your sexist snack, I'm talking New Nabisco Tits! (names different tit snacks) Tater Tits.'

Here's some more low grade morons who should be shot and set on fire.' (Or whatever wild description his vivid imagination could come up with.)

'Two way words. You can prick your finger, but don't finger your prick!'

R.I.P. George.

slefain
slefain Dork
6/23/08 8:00 a.m.

Aruba-du, ruba-tu, ruba-tu. I was thinking about the curse words and the swear words, the cuss words and the words that you can't say, that you're not supposed to say all the time, [']cause words or people into words want to hear your words. Some guys like to record your words and sell them back to you if they can, (laughter) listen in on the telephone, write down what words you say. A guy who used to be in Washington knew that his phone was tapped, used to answer, berkeley Hoover, yes, go ahead. (laughter) Okay, I was thinking one night about the words you couldn't say on the public, ah, airwaves, um, the ones you definitely wouldn't say, ever, ['] cause I heard a lady say bitch one night on television, and it was cool like she was talking about, you know, ah, well, the bitch is the first one to notice that in the litter Johnie right (murmur) Right.

And, uh, bastard you can say, and hell and damn so I have to figure out which ones you couldn't and ever and it came down to seven but the list is open to amendment, and in fact, has been changed, uh, by now, ha, a lot of people pointed things out to me, and I noticed some myself. The original seven words were, E36 M3, piss, berkeley, vajajay, cocksucker, motherberkeleyer, and tits. Those are the ones that will curve your spine, grow hair on your hands and (laughter) maybe, even bring us, God help us, peace without honor (laughter) um, and a bourbon. (laughter) And now the first thing that we noticed was that word berkeley was really repeated in there because the word motherberkeleyer is a compound word and it's another form of the word berkeley. (laughter) You want to be a purist it doesn't really-it can't be on the list of basic words. Also, cocksucker is a compound word and neither half of that is really dirty.

The word - the half sucker that's merely suggestive (laughter) and the word cock is a half-way dirty word, 50% dirty - dirty half the time, depending on what you mean by it. (laughter) Uh, remember when you first heard it, like in 6th grade, you used to giggle. And the cock crowed three times, heh (laughter) the cock - three times. It's in the Bible, cock in the Bible. (laughter) And the first time you heard about a cock-fight, remember - What? Huh? naw. It ain't that, are you stupid? man. (laughter, clapping) It's chickens, you know, (laughter)

Then you have the four letter words from the old Anglo-Saxon fame. Uh, E36 M3 and berkeley. The word E36 M3, uh, is an interesting kind of word in that the middle class has never really accepted it and approved it. They use it like, crazy but it's not really okay. It's still a rude, dirty, old kind of gushy word. (laughter) They don't like that, but they say it, like, they say it like, a lady now in a middle-class home, you'll hear most of the time she says it as an expletive, you know, it's out of her mouth before she knows. She says, Oh E36 M3 oh E36 M3, (laughter) oh E36 M3. If she drops something, Oh, the E36 M3 hurt the broccoli. E36 M3. Thank you. (footsteps fading away) (papers ruffling)

Read it! (from audience)

E36 M3! (laughter) I won the Grammy, man, for the comedy album. Isn't that groovy? (clapping, whistling) (murmur) That's true. Thank you. Thank you man. Yeah. (murmur) (continuous clapping) Thank you man. Thank you. Thank you very much, man. Thank, no, (end of continuous clapping) for that and for the Grammy, man, [']cause (laughter) that's based on people liking it man, yeh, that's ah, that's okay man. (laughter) Let's let that go, man. I got my Grammy. I can let my hair hang down now, E36 M3. (laughter) Ha! So! Now the word E36 M3 is okay for the man. At work you can say it like crazy. Mostly figuratively, Get that E36 M3 out of here, will ya? I don't want to see that E36 M3 anymore. I can't cut that E36 M3, buddy. I've had that E36 M3 up to here. I think you're full of E36 M3 myself. (laughter) He don't know E36 M3 from Shinola. (laughter) you know that? (laughter)

Always wondered how the Shinola people felt about that (laughter) Hi, I'm the new man from Shinola. (laughter) Hi, how are ya? Nice to see ya. (laughter) How are ya? (laughter) Boy, I don't know whether to E36 M3 or wind my watch. (laughter) Guess, I'll E36 M3 on my watch. (laughter) Oh, the E36 M3 is going to hit de fan. (laughter) Built like a brick E36 M3-house. (laughter) Up, he's up E36 M3's creek. (laughter) He's had it. (laughter) He hit me, I'm sorry. (laughter) Hot E36 M3, holy E36 M3, tough E36 M3, eat E36 M3, (laughter) E36 M3-eating grin. Uh, whoever thought of that was ill. (murmur laughter) He had a E36 M3-eating grin! He had a what? (laughter) E36 M3 on a stick. (laughter) E36 M3 in a handbag. I always like that. He ain't worth E36 M3 in a handbag. (laughter) E36 M3ty. He acted real E36 M3ty. (laughter) You know what I mean? (laughter) I got the money back, but a real E36 M3ty attitude. Heh, he had a E36 M3-fit. (laughter) Wow! E36 M3-fit. Whew! Glad I wasn't there. (murmur, laughter) All the animals-Bull E36 M3, horse E36 M3, cow E36 M3, rat E36 M3, bat E36 M3. (laughter) First time I heard bat E36 M3, I really came apart.

A guy in Oklahoma, Boggs, said it, man. Aw! Bat E36 M3. (laughter) Vera reminded me of that last night, ah (murmur). Snake E36 M3, slicker than owl E36 M3. (laughter) Get your E36 M3 together. E36 M3 or get off the pot. (laughter) I got a E36 M3-load full of them. (laughter) I got a E36 M3-pot full, all right. E36 M3-head, E36 M3-heel, E36 M3 in your heart, E36 M3 for brains, (laughter) E36 M3-face, heh (laughter) I always try to think how that could have originated; the first guy that said that. Somebody got drunk and fell in some E36 M3, you know. (laughter) Hey, I'm E36 M3-face. (laughter) E36 M3-face, today. (laughter) Anyway, enough of that E36 M3. (laughter)

The big one, the word berkeley that's the one that hangs them up the most. [']Cause in a lot of cases that's the very act that hangs them up the most. So, it's natural that the word would, uh, have the same effect. It's a great word, berkeley, nice word, easy word, cute word, kind of. Easy word to say. One syllable, short u. (laughter) berkeley. (Murmur) You know, it's easy. Starts with a nice soft sound fuh ends with a kuh. Right? (laughter) A little something for everyone. berkeley (laughter) Good word. Kind of a proud word, too. Who are you? I am berkeley. (laughter) berkeley OF THE MOUNTAIN. (laughter) Tune in again next week to berkeley OF THE MOUNTAIN. (laughter) It's an interesting word too, [']cause it's got a double kind of a life--personality--dual, you know, whatever the right phrase is. It leads a double life, the word berkeley.

First of all, it means, sometimes, most of the time, berkeley. What does it mean? It means to make love. Right? We're going to make love, yeh, we're going to berkeley, yeh, we're going to berkeley, yeh, we're going to make love. (laughter) we're really going to berkeley, yeh, we're going to make love. Right? And it also means the beginning of life, it's the act that begins life, so there's the word hanging around with words like love, and life, and yet on the other hand, it's also a word that we really use to hurt each other with, man. It's a heavy. It's one that you have toward the end of the argument. (laughter) Right? (laughter) You finally can't make out. Oh, berkeley you man. I said, berkeley you. (laughter, murmur) Stupid berkeley. (laughter) berkeley you and everybody that looks like you. (laughter) man.

It would be nice to change the movies that we already have and substitute the word berkeley for the word kill, wherever we could, and some of those movie cliches would change a little bit. Madberkeleyers still on the loose. Stop me before I berkeley again. berkeley the ump, berkeley the ump, berkeley the ump, berkeley the ump, berkeley the ump. Easy on the clutch Bill, you'll berkeley that engine again. (laughter)

The other E36 M3 one was, I don't give a E36 M3. Like it's worth something, you know? (laughter) I don't give a E36 M3. Hey, well, I don't take no E36 M3, (laughter) you know what I mean? You know why I don't take no E36 M3? (laughter) Cause I don't give a E36 M3. (laughter) If I give a E36 M3, I would have to pack E36 M3. (laughter) But I don't pack no E36 M3 cause I don't give a E36 M3. (laughter) You wouldn't E36 M3 me, would you? (laughter) That's a joke when you're a kid with a worm looking out the birds ass. You wouldn't E36 M3 me, would you? (laughter)

It's an eight-year-old joke but a good one.(laughter) The additions to the list. I found three more words that had to be put on the list of words you could never say on television, and they were fart, turd and twat, those three. (laughter) Fart, we talked about, it's harmless It's like tits, it's a cutie word, i-io problem. Turd, you can't say but who wants to, you know? (laughter) The subject never comes up on the panel so I'm not worried about that one. Now the word twat is an interesting word. Twat! Yeh, right in the twat. (laughter) Twat is an interesting word because it's the only one I know of, the only slang word applying to the, a part of the sexual anatomy that doesn't have another meaning to it. Like, ah, snatch, box and pussy all have other meanings, man. Even in a Walt Disney movie, you can say, We're going to snatch that pussy and put him in a box and bring him on the airplane. (murmur, laughter) Everybody loves it. The twat stands alone, man, as it should.

And two-way words. Ah, ass is okay providing you're riding into town on a religious feast day. (laughter) You can't say, up your ass. (laughter) You can say, stuff it! (murmur) There are certain things you can say its weird but you can just come so close. Before I cut, I, uh, want to, ah, thank you for listening to my words, man, fellow, uh space travelers. Thank you man for tonight and thank you also. (clapping whistling)

rob_lewis
rob_lewis New Reader
6/23/08 9:18 a.m.

Ooops, the filters don't notice capital letters.

I appreciate the filters here at GRM, but on rare occasion, I wish they weren't.

Thanks, slefain, for the post.

-Rob

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
6/23/08 9:50 a.m.

Tonight's forecast.. dark, with continued dark until morning. We've lost a great friend and master of his art.

Duke
Duke Dork
6/23/08 10:27 a.m.

"And now a partial score, Cleveland, 6! Back to you, Jim..."

RIP, Mr. Carlin, and berkeley you, sir.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
6/23/08 10:28 a.m.

I had a chance to go see him a month or so ago, but choose not to. In recent years it seems like he pretty much said F*&K every other word and it was a bit much (I am not offended, I just think it's lazy comedy).

No offense to the man, certainly a master, but I think he was a lot better when he was a bit younger.

minimac
minimac Dork
6/23/08 11:37 a.m.
aircooled wrote: .... In recent years it seems like he pretty much said F*&K every other word and it was a bit much (I am not offended, I just think it's lazy comedy). No offense to the man, certainly a master, but I think he was a lot better when he was a bit younger.

Amen.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
6/23/08 3:30 p.m.

That berkeleying sucks.

I remember he did the voices for a season or two of "Thomas the Tank Engine" when I was a child. Then when I was in middle school, my friend played one of his CDs for me, and I was like, "What is he, bipolar? You totally ruined my childhood! This is AWESOME!"

RIP, funny man.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/23/08 3:40 p.m.

He was good, but not really my vein of comedy. If given the choice I would rather see his small side rolls in different movies than watch his stand up.

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
6/23/08 3:42 p.m.

I think an appropriate commemoration would be for all three broadcast network anchors to stand in front of a darkened set at the close of the 6:30 news and recite The Infamous Seven.

Even Katie Couric...ESPECIALLY Katie Couric!

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
6/23/08 3:45 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: 'Tits doesn't even belong on the list, man. It sounds like a snack. No, I'm not talking about your sexist snack, I'm talking New Nabisco Tits! (names different tit snacks) Tater Tits.'

Bet ya can't eat just one!

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
6/23/08 4:47 p.m.

Did you ever notice your E36 M3 is stuff and other peoples stuff is E36 M3?

Face it your house is just a cover for your E36 M3!

We'll miss you GC!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
6/23/08 5:03 p.m.
mel_horn wrote: I think an appropriate commemoration would be for all three broadcast network anchors to stand in front of a darkened set at the close of the 6:30 news and recite The Infamous Seven. Even Katie Couric...ESPECIALLY Katie Couric!

That's one of the best/weirdest tributes I've ever heard of!

Katie might not be comfortable with it, but Brian Williams would NAIL IT! The other guys.. I don't know.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
6/23/08 5:43 p.m.

man that is just lousy news...I was just thinking about watching some of his old videos the other day.

I wonder if his parting words were "Be excellent to each other". Later Rufus.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
6/23/08 8:41 p.m.

Oy, I laughed til I snorted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTyzTJTNhNk&feature=related

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/08 10:41 p.m.

I was supposed to run a followspot for him next month when he came to the Borgata.. I was really looking forwards to it...

Farewell, the world is a darker and smaller place without you.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/08 12:28 a.m.

and 61 degrees at the airport, which is pretty stupid because I don't know anyone who lives at the airport.

I was introduced to comedy by my neighbor's father and his collection of Carlin records when I was about ten.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VtvydTlOVKElyUQY8RJ13Z26h95h5rpUHN92VDP3XRONj6cdUHAwmW4A43rx2jYz