1 2 3
Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/11/20 7:50 p.m.

I now really want to see a super electrical lightning show

4/12/20 9:12 p.m.

I see it says there's a new post here but  the last post is mine....anyone else seeing that?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/12/20 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Probably a spam post that was deleted.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/12/20 9:35 p.m.
4/12/20 10:10 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

That's just damn cool

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/24/24 9:30 p.m.

Found this post from a search after it was mentioned on another zombie thread. How did this Topic not turn into a thousand pager?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/24/24 9:58 p.m.

I guess we ran out of berkeleys. But today for ridiculousness I am in a hospital ER during a full moon with my MIL. Place looks like the departure lounge for the last chopper out of Saigon, sounds like something out of Les Miserables. So, to paraphrase the AC/DC song, I'm back ina mask!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/24 10:41 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Hope your MIL is good.  Personally I've lost two people close to me to Covid.  Berk all the bullE36 M3.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
1/24/24 10:56 p.m.

Very best wishes for a positive outcome with the absolute minimum of craziness.

Marjorie Suddard
1/24/24 11:25 p.m.

Welp, we gave up after a few hours--full moon ER is not a place to get her aFib treated. 

Marjorie Suddard
1/24/24 11:43 p.m.

Heard in the ER: “this the blood you called for a cleanup?” “No, I dunno what that blood is. I called for a cleanup on the vomit that goes pretty much from there (far end of hallway) to here (15 feet away).”

Me at that moment: These shoes go in the fire as soon as I get home.

Margie

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
1/25/24 8:22 a.m.

Went to our ER a few months back for something, I got there at 11pm and was told I would be waiting about 6 hours. Decided to go home and ride the pain out and harass my doctor when they opened the next morning.  

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/25/24 8:37 a.m.

I've heard the latest variant is ripping through the country like wildfire.  For better or worse - and entirely by coincidence - I'm back to WFH and pretty much isolated, despite being not in any risk group and up to date with shots.   For older folks (60+) I've heard of a few folks catching the RSV virus which appears to be equally non-fun. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/25/24 9:19 a.m.

I had the 'rona for the second time a few weeks ago. Another mild case, fortunately, but I can't seem to be able to shake the cough.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/25/24 9:30 a.m.

Our neighbor just got admitted - cancer - and unless she ever is allowed to come home, my wife and I will not get to say our goodbyes. Sucks. 

Marjorie Suddard
1/25/24 10:28 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

That, and cancer, do indeed suck. My BIL is in with stage 4 liver cancer (metastatic melanoma), and today they figured out he has also developed meningitis. I am not sure I will see him again, either. Berk cancer.

Margie

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/24 11:48 a.m.

This COVID variant is pretty tough. DW just got over a bout of it and it held on pretty hard. She avoided the cough, though.

A coworker had a terrible cold for weeks and insisted that he had tested negative 3 times. But his cough was uncontrollable so he went to urgent care, where he tested positive.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/25/24 11:56 a.m.

Between the flu, RSV, Covid, and a rather long lasting version of the cold (with lots of bonus coughing), yeah, the ER is going to be an S-show. 

Supposed to be ramping down though (at least out west).

WebMD has some hints as to which s-storm you got:

Common cold symptoms tend to come on fairly quickly, explained Chin-Hong. If you get RSV, on the other hand, it may take 4 to 6 days before symptoms show. Flu viruses are a totally different story. 

“The special characteristic of flu is the abrupt onset of symptoms,” Chin-Hong said. “You might be minding your own business, feeling OK, and then all of the sudden you get in your car and you feel like you’ve been hit by a dump truck.” 

COVID also has some unique symptomatic features. You may not have symptoms at all, or you might have mild, cold-like symptoms for a week before the symptoms worsen and the infection becomes more serious. 

“COVID has this biphasic pattern, whereas colds and RSV don’t – it’s when you are kind of doing OK, and then you fall off a cliff,” said Chin-Hong. “That’s why early treatment with Paxlovid or remdesivir is so important because it can prevent that second phase from happening.” 

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20231122/do-you-have-flu-rsv-covid-common-cold-what-to-know

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/25/24 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

She had been doing so good. But cancer has sucked for my entire life. The current state of healthcare, and not even feeling safe to visit. Well, that's a new level of suck!sad

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/25/24 8:12 p.m.

This needs more ridiculousness and less COVID.

So i present to you.....Pirate Metal

Drink!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/24 12:05 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Heard in the ER: “this the blood you called for a cleanup?” “No, I dunno what that blood is. I called for a cleanup on the vomit that goes pretty much from there (far end of hallway) to here (15 feet away).”

Me at that moment: These shoes go in the fire as soon as I get home.

Margie

sounds like the kind of place that should have a burn barrel at the exit.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
1/26/24 8:51 p.m.

In other news, felt like crap this morning and saw the GP. I can now confirm a striking similarity between the taste paxlovid leaves in your mouth and Jeppsons Malort.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/27/24 9:41 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Welp, we gave up after a few hours--full moon ER is not a place to get her aFib treated. 

Good grief.  Usually if you mention a heart problem you jump to the front of the lie.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1M2GFW2lmlTqusPjzy3tQz9nR8DMjGgpu7I2z11tylRdXWlCOyRCO1EoT14z7ZmG