pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/20 7:41 a.m.

I think that Boar's Head has one of the nicest paint jobs out there. I'd love to do a race car in that scheme. Maybe add a cooler for some cold cuts.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/9/20 7:58 a.m.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
3/9/20 8:11 a.m.

I'm kind of a sucker for black and gold livery, even though I loathe gold.

Rich Energy tease with Black & Gold livery for Haas ...

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
3/9/20 8:53 a.m.

I've always thought the Love's tanker trucks are very distinctive, and the bold colors would work well on a race car

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
3/9/20 9:13 a.m.
pinchvalve said:

I think that Boar's Head has one of the nicest paint jobs out there. I'd love to do a race car in that scheme. Maybe add a cooler for some cold cuts.

You need to enter the Boar's Head race car in the same events as Team Sahlen for a built in rivalry. Hot dog vs cold cuts on track battles!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/20 9:24 a.m.
pinchvalve said:

There facilities are super nice also.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/9/20 10:55 a.m.

Hard to overlook the Granville brothers GeeBee R2.

jde
jde HalfDork
3/10/20 9:31 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/10/20 9:39 a.m.

The one downside of banning tobacco sponsorship is we lost one of the best livereis of all time.  Clean and simple.Image result for mclaren mp4/4

I loved the pre Silk Cut TWR Jags in BRG, much better than than the Group 44 cars to me.Image result for jaguar xjr-6

Another simple F1 livery, the dark blue and gold Wolf WR1

Image result for wolf WR1

And while far from the biggest Ferrari fan, who can not love Rosso Corsa

Image result for ferrari f190

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/20 10:17 a.m.

Ferrari "livery" is just a bucket of red paint :) Might as well also vote for BRG, or German silver/white. But you're dead-on about Malboro. So good.

I'm partial to a well-done Martini, as everyone knows. And you could do a book on the variations. Heck, I've got a book with a chapter about the variations.

Hot take: Gulf is not really that good a livery. It's just really easy to copy and it's associated with some excellent cars.

jde
jde HalfDork
3/10/20 11:24 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Hot take: Gulf is not really that good a livery. It's just really easy to copy and it's associated with some excellent cars.

Tepid take:  The Gulf livery isn't bad, it's just overplayed by club/vintage racers, plus SEMA builds using it as lazy shorthand for "serious race car."

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/10/20 11:28 a.m.
jde said:
Keith Tanner said:

Tepid take:  The Gulf livery isn't bad, it's just overplayed by club/vintage racers, plus SEMA builds using it as lazy shorthand for "serious race car."

Gulf livery works on classic, curvy race cars, not on angular modern stuff.  It's also been played out by being plastered on everything from Hummers to Harleys.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/10/20 1:33 p.m.

Get rid of the baby blue and go vintage Gulf.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AVUDtGdD7tOGPIKmBYA8hZR7ZLIyW9WnH0d4wRWwUIxoS7VbqD7r5jnS8RPR4yi3