1 2
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/3/15 1:30 p.m.

Everything must go! I am selling my Springfield Armory .45 1911 Champion model, but other than pawn shops and local gun stores I have no idea where to advertise it.

Anyone got any suggestions. I know one of the GRMers started a firearms forum but I can't find the link.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
1/3/15 1:31 p.m.

Armslist

It's the Craigslist of things that go bang.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
1/3/15 1:34 p.m.

Local area Facebook group for firearms trading and selling.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/3/15 1:37 p.m.

Here's the link, although there's not specifically a For Sale area.

How much are ya askin'?

toad9977
toad9977 Reader
1/3/15 2:11 p.m.

Armslist is a good place to start because as bigdaddylee82 said, it's the craigslist of things that go bang. Gun Broker is also a site work checking out as it's the eBay of things that go bang Only downfall with Gun Broker is they charge you and you typically need to deal with someone that has and FFL or ship to an FFL. not that big of a deal, but just an extra hassle.

How much are you looking to get for it? I am always in the market for 1911's. The Champion is the lightweight short barrel version, correct?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/3/15 5:44 p.m.

This is very similar to mine.

I have different grips and it doesn't have the carrying kit and ammo with it either.

From what I can figure $700 is reasonable (Edit: Price Adjusted)

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
1/3/15 5:52 p.m.

Armslist is hella sketchy IMO. Where are you located? "Outdoors Trader" in GA has been a great forum for me. All good experiences.

Users have buyer/seller ratings. Pretty sure that's not the case on armslist. I dealt with a straight up scammer on there.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
1/3/15 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Smarta$$ McPoopyPants:

What's sketchy about it? The one time I sold on there it went fine. Met in the far corner of a wal-mart parking lot, showed him the gun in the hatch of my mom's jeep, he showed me his purchase permit (MI handgun thing), I filled it out, he gave me the money, took what was now his handgun in it's case, got in his car and left.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/3/15 6:35 p.m.

Wow...lately I've been considering selling my full size Springfield 1911. Weird.

I'd ask around $700, though.

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
1/3/15 6:43 p.m.

In reply to Kenny_McCormic:

You had one good experience. I had one bad experience, and I know others who've had bad experiences. I suppose it's no worse than CL, although there's cash & guns involved.

All I'm saying is there's a great forum here locally. Community mindset, seller/buyer ratings, etc. So you get a pretty good idea of what you're getting into.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/3/15 6:59 p.m.

Put me in for 4 good experiences on armslist and 0 bad (traded two guns, sold ammo once, bought ammo once)

$500 seems low. Go for $700 and let them talk ya down some.

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
1/3/15 7:01 p.m.

This is relevant to my interests. I have a .303 Enfield that's been sporteriezed I want to get rid of and really don't wan to deal with pawn shop if possible.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/3/15 7:47 p.m.

Will do! Thanks for the info. That will get me that much closer to my goal for the move

Hungary Bill
1/3/15 8:42 p.m.
t25torx wrote: This is relevant to my interests. I have a .303 Enfield that's been sporteriezed I want to get rid of and really don't wan to deal with pawn shop if possible.

Aw you guys are seriously worse than the 201x classifieds!!! My wife says I have to wait till spring to buy another gun and you two jokers have to bring up two firearms that have been in my "top ten" wish list

**ninja edit: except this'd be the goal for the enfield

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
1/3/15 9:11 p.m.

Only Enfield I'll buy (already have a No4 Mk1*) is a Ishapore 2A(beefed up enfield in 7.62 NATO/.308), .303 is just too hard to find and expensive short of handloading it.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/3/15 11:01 p.m.

In reply to Kenny_McCormic:

You have learned well, Grasshopper. They're out there, but not as cheap as when they were imported. Now if only someone would make decent magazines...

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/3/15 11:05 p.m.

If it doesn't sell pre-move, check out MD shooters forum. Seems very active.

xd
xd Reader
1/3/15 11:19 p.m.

Armslist I have had many good deals. Only like 2 bad in 2 years I just don't bargain and make it know before hand.

Hungary Bill
1/3/15 11:50 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Only Enfield I'll buy (already have a No4 Mk1*) is a Ishapore 2A(beefed up enfield in 7.62 NATO/.308), .303 is just too hard to find and expensive short of handloading it.

(I have a #4 mark1 as well)

I saw a .410 Enfield at a gun show a few moths back, cooler than heck but just as impractical. I guess it was an Indian riot control gun. I want one

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
1/4/15 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

I've heard of people doing their own 410 conversion on SMLEs with bad bores, there is sufficient meat in the barrel to bore it out and the chamber at the casehead is nearly identical. You can actually make .410 brass by fireforming .303 and thinning the head/rim a little.

As for impractical, unloading an enfield rapidly on some pest in the garden sounds entertaining.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/4/15 2:15 p.m.
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/4/15 5:54 p.m.

Delivery along I-59, I-75, I-81 and I-66 between Louisiana and DC. I will be there later this week on an exploratory trip to DC

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
1/4/15 7:28 p.m.

You guys... I am NOT bookmarking Armslist. NOT GOING TO.... NAA NAA NAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/4/15 7:32 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: You guys... I am NOT bookmarking Armslist. NOT GOING TO.... NAA NAA NAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Dr. Hess, You are getting very sleepy. Your eyes are getting more and more focused. You can not see anything other than this link. This link makes you feel warm. This link wants you to click it. You do not want to loose this feeling of warmth so you move your mouse to this link. You click on link. You will instantly feel better.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
1/4/15 7:38 p.m.

You willing do deliver to NW AR on your trip?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nb3afunJUh0EH8AF20kndLPCQRrvJFcFwTuqup9IIYAukd7CMgLlUwHLPSbxvdZI