Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
2/17/12 8:08 p.m.

The simpler the better. And free.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
2/17/12 8:15 p.m.

build thread here. I have a website for my datsun build, but am more likely to update my build thread here....more feedback.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/17/12 8:22 p.m.

Ideally your own or at least a free blog site that allows you to export your own content so you can take it with you if you change hosts.

My blogs/journals that are important to me are hosted on my own virtual server but that might be a tad too geeky .

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
2/17/12 8:24 p.m.

it's not just a journal anymore, but I started this one in maybe 30 seconds: http://tractioninc.tumblr.com/

The built-in community features make it easier to build a following than elsewhere I've found. Another recommendation would be Facebook, if you're on it already and fairly active.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Reader
2/19/12 3:41 p.m.

In reply to Hasbro:

Do it here...

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
2/19/12 9:16 p.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote: In reply to Hasbro: Do it here...

I considered it but didnt want to prattle on and on here. For now I just started one in my documents section. That will let me practice a bit. Thanks all.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/12 9:41 p.m.

I write my own software and host it at Bluehost for about $6/month. Using the free tool of the moment is handy, but not exactly future-proof. I started my build diaries before the word "blog" had made its ugly entrance into the English language. Had I gone with the cool site of the moment, I'd have gone through MySpace, the old GRM forum, the new GRM forum, wordpress, blogger, whatever. This way, I'm in control of whatever happens because I own what I've written.

Posting to a forum does certainly get you a lot more feedback, though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AnXaeV4OaeFV3pZ9KjFwbpats37j8ppuQlZfUnldfqETU1YZGPpRAgEm3ISYvQlU