dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 7:00 p.m.

I am in this thread

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/gta-v/63798/page1/

at at the top where you can hit the “simulation central” above where all the little logos are for social media are. It does not take you back to the simulation central forum. It takes me to the off topic forum. I tested this on two browsers on my iPhone and it is consistent. Is it just me?  Don’t think it is really a big problem but it had me confused for a bit. Really just an FYI. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 7:05 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It just worked for me. Side note - I believe that’s the first time I’ve visited that sub forum. A man has to know his limits...

dean1484
8/8/18 7:06 p.m.

I just tested it on my wife’s PC and it does it there so at least it is not my iPhone being weird. 

dean1484
8/8/18 7:09 p.m.

I did not mean to go to that thread. My stumpy fingers don’t surf well on these tiny screens. I was trying to get back to the sim central forum and it kept going to off topic.  I was like ok who is messing with me. LOL

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/8/18 7:14 p.m.

Ok, I think I know what's happening here. This thread pre-dates the Simulation Central sub forum. Once that sub forum was created it was moved over. Apparently the board remembers the original "parent" sub forum and directs there instead of the new parent sub forum. I will consult with the web gurus, but it doesn't appear to be happening with the majority of threads in Simulation Central. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! yes

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/8/18 7:23 p.m.

Not to hijack the OP but might as well say it now

Every morning between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. when I hit refresh button this site will sit and spin n spin w/ no refresh and will not time out. No other site does this.

Replace GRM window w/ my home page (or other), wait 3-5 minutes, click new window on GRM over my home page and everything is OK from then on.

Shift change?

Fresh hamster on the wheel?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/8/18 7:30 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

I'm gonna guess fresh hamster. They have about a 30min break in period where you're not supposed to run them at full throttle.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 7:35 p.m.

Waiting on a Suddard to come in, fix coffee and wind the key. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 9:20 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

It happens to me around 5:30am Central. Are you on Eastern time?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/18 9:26 p.m.
fasted58 said:

Every morning between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. when I hit refresh button this site will sit and spin n spin w/ no refresh and will not time out. No other site does this.

Replace GRM window w/ my home page (or other), wait 3-5 minutes, click new window on GRM over my home page and everything is OK from then on.

Shift change?

Same here

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/8/18 9:26 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Yup

and it happens every single morning w/ o fail

first world prollem, I know

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/8/18 9:28 p.m.
fasted58 said:

Shift change?

I see this fairly often, almost every night after 1am actually

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Dork
8/9/18 12:49 p.m.

Yep, happens to me too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xB5XLNbC82iIYalgBKoklNi7bU2OhArrcd2jc69nFuf6MZlm3vYz2vtP5cZ5zdrh