1 2
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/16/22 10:19 p.m.

I'm a big fan of Brian Long books.  He leans towards Japanese cars and the history.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/16/22 10:32 p.m.

In reply to andy_b :

Taskmaster is unbelievably funny and brilliant. I tend to play along to see if I'd do what they did. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/16/22 11:22 p.m.

On YouTubes, Comedy Central's "This is Not Happening." Comedians telling insane stories about their lives.  Start with Roy Wood, Jr's Golden Corral Savrd My Life.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
2/16/22 11:25 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to andy_b :

Taskmaster is unbelievably funny and brilliant. I tend to play along to see if I'd do what they did. 

I'm not going to lie, when Ramesh spiked that watermelon, I may have laughed so hard I peed a little.

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/16/22 11:57 p.m.

YT:
Bad Obsession Motorsports (in case somehow a GRMer does not already know?!)
Clickspring has similarities to "my mechanics" (from watchmaking to reconstructing a copy of the Antikythera Mechanism)
Low Buck Garage is kind of amusing, small channel with much old Jeep content.

Upvotes for already mentioned:
Hardcore History, plus other Dan Carlin's other series (YT channel, some free downloadable mp3's on his website, podcast sources)
This Old Tony (sorta like the SuperfastMatt of home-shop machining... or SFM is the TOT of automotive hackery)

Book, fiction: Cryptonomicon (Neal Stephenson)

Books, non-fiction, which worked for me as audiobooks while commuting but the topics may not be generally interesting
Jeffery Liker's books on Toyota Production System (a.k.a. "Lean": it's been a while and these may be getting dated)
Dan Pink's books (Better Angels of Our Nature is ~30hrs audio, that kills a lot of commutes plus you have to take breaks from it along the way)

Podcast: Angry Planet (military tech and current events, not all old episodes remain relevant/interesting.)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/17/22 12:33 a.m.

Robbie, send me a pm if this is localish and I'll drop off a bunch of stuff. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/17/22 10:25 a.m.

My most recent favourite automotive metal work channel, Fitzie's Fabrications.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
weqJySv5Lag4GvlWbygkE5voIqlB1K4hY8J6Jn47CH1ZGm1EPg2K4vzFN7lGiJhG