1 2
confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
4/5/09 9:57 a.m.
N1XRR wrote: In other news Red Bull is revising the F1 car for round 2:

I lol'd at that.

How much were they Paying Michael Shuemaker? Wasn't he one of the highest paid athletes in the world? Of course, he was also in a class of his own while completely pwned n00bs, much like Lance Armstrong does today (he's coming back one more time!).

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
4/5/09 10:05 a.m.

Oh, and we're back to slicks!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/5/09 10:26 a.m.

I would not have wanted to race in standing water up to my front wing...it was like a LAKE!

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
4/5/09 9:48 p.m.
Wally wrote: What happened to racing in the rain? Isn't that one of the reasons they are superior to the circle trackers? So now we have a race that will be decided in two week, and half a race, and this is supposed to be the best series in the world.

Mortal men can only hope to compete with Mother Nature:

http://www.dailymotion.com/Stefmeister2008/video/14922117

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Club Editor
4/6/09 10:44 a.m.

Racing in the rain is one thing, but there's only so much you can do when the barge board under the car becomes a boat hull. It was a bit of a bummer that the race was shortened, but I thought it was pretty entertaining the whole way through, tons of back-and forth throughout the field. With the reduced downforce, those suckers look TWITCHY in the wet, I would have liked more onboard to see/hear the drivers reacting to the loss of traction.

Go Jenson Button!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
4/6/09 11:29 a.m.

So true. They changed the rules to make for more overtaking, and apparently it worked!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mACdmjCScX4YIduzr9tCL3bLLE6rFRNr9XiiZNC5KI603vp07IWnMi79QAH2nMgX