Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
2/22/09 5:18 p.m.

Anybody watching this? Interesting to see whether the "High Strung" cars or "High Strung" teams will be worse. Oh and the typical "Gugootz" why do I need a map approach.... Sadly, the Porsch-uh - "Puked-a" clutch or linkage ( if you can't or haven't driven it like it's stolen, maybe a bad sign)

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
2/22/09 6:07 p.m.

I love this show in spite of the artificial characters people seem to act like when there's a camera pointed at them.

If you really boil it down, it's a road rally with car control contests at the end of each leg. What's not to like about that? Add in some explosions and a big fat cash prize at the end, and you've got a winner in my book.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
2/22/09 8:07 p.m.

I enjoyed the first series and so far this is as good, nice mix of people and cars, gets me thinking what they look at and how do I get on the list....

aircooled
aircooled Dork
2/22/09 8:18 p.m.

I am really curious how the VW Bus will do in a challenge. They are giving up something like 200hp on the next lowest power car.

It looks like the next challenge will be some sort of Gymkana type thing, that should be interesting.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
2/22/09 9:53 p.m.

A lot of the challenges are more about control and knowing where the corners of the car are than horsepower. Luck and some decisions come into play, of course, and there are the strategies of choosing who is in the challenges.

The road parts are mostly about navigation and range. That's one reason the pickup did well in the first season - he managed the fuel in those monster tanks well. He also knew how to honk that monster around.

I like to watch the variety of machines, ignore the posturing, and always root for the underdogs.

jde
jde Reader
2/22/09 9:59 p.m.

I kinda feel like Goldberg assembled these people for his own enjoyment, and is gracious enough to let us in on the hilarity.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
2/23/09 12:19 a.m.

I keep forgetting to watch.

A lot of last years "cast" seemed right out of central casting.

When is it on??? (lazy)

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/23/09 12:23 a.m.

John and I watched it while working on the potential Challenge car and decided the P71 would be perfect for the show, mostly because it has push bumpers and I could care less about the paint.

minimac
minimac Dork
2/23/09 7:01 a.m.

Last night I watched for the first time. Sorry, but it sure seemed pretty lame. I won't be wasting my time again. I will give you that they did have some pretty sweet cars, though.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
2/23/09 7:29 a.m.
minimac wrote: Sorry, but it sure seemed pretty lame. I will give you that they did have some pretty sweet cars, though.

+1

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mBdRmHi7f2D39F3oc286C6rkMBqsqPRFJ2YwfIjAleDHqye24rp01uxHtgPXT6YZ