1 2
Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/17/08 4:30 p.m.
Mike_M wrote: .... And then a few years later, the execs at Daimler were quoted as admitting that it was a buyout all along, they only used the word "merger" to appease the unions...

Yeah, right before they started using terms like "hemmorging" "failing market" and "pieces of shizer "

Stuc
Stuc Reader
7/17/08 4:39 p.m.
GeneralHavoc wrote: Yeast strains in the environment? Like, bacteria floating about in the air? Sam Adams makes a cranberry lambic that they sell during the holidays. Takes some... adjusting to. If you don't immediately regurgitate it, that is. But it's not bad, after that.

Yea. It still disturbs me that a brewery such as Sam Adams, who still makes good beer, would be so ignorant (or assume we're so ignorant!) as to name their cranberry flavored wheat beer 'lambic', when it is indeed, a wheat beer.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/17/08 4:44 p.m.
Stuc wrote: Yea. It still disturbs me that a brewery such as Sam Adams, who still makes good beer, would be so ignorant (or assume we're so ignorant!) as to name their cranberry flavored wheat beer 'lambic', when it is indeed, a wheat beer.

A lambic is not defined by having fruit or using a particular grain. A lambic is defined by being fermented in open containers that allows yeast and other native microorganisms to affect the fermentation process.

Although, I think a Lambic also has to come from a certain area of Belgium. Much the same as Champagne comes from that region of France, whereas most "Champagne" is just sparkling wine.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/18/08 9:23 a.m.
16vcorey said:All I'm saying is that Budweiser was not hurting for money. The board, or stockholders, or whoever chose the quick buck over keeping an American icon American. Not that I give a crap, I'm just sayin'.

Incorrect. Sorry dude. Read a newspaper every once in a while before immediately jumping to the "IT'S COOORPORAATE GREEEEEEED" conclusion:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-tue_beer-industryjul15,0,7808352.story

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2008/07/17/how-the-anheuser-busch-breakup-fee-measures-up/

Even if it wasn't a "hostile takeover," and the Bush Boys just decided to stick the "For Sale" sign up, they, like you and me and every other gainfully employed 'Murican, are in the business of making money; not "protecting national icons." Leave that E36 M3 to Indiana Jones or Nicholas Cage or whoever.

kisses.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
7/18/08 10:30 a.m.

Point taken. I'll concede this one. Next time Gadget, NEXT TIME!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TXgb76bxW3AVD0smjyxw26WowbMQNEyckUZtY5WhcdGfVH3WCh1cdh3zQdlmNi8Z