1 2 3 4
j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
6/9/22 6:13 p.m.

In town there's a Pho King Way and a muffler shop has "our work is exhausting" on the receipts.

Elsewhere I've seen Pane in the Glass Window Co.

Chinese restaurant in my village called yummy yummy 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
6/9/22 6:23 p.m.
Trent said:

I remember a Vietnamese restaurant when I lived in Seattle called "Pho King" Back then I didn't know the correct pronunciation of pho so I didn't get the joke.

I've eaten at Pho King dozens of times. The Pho King joke practically write themselves. 

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
6/9/22 6:24 p.m.

Local muffler shop had a sign that said, "Let us shock and exhaust You. "

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
6/9/22 6:29 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

This place was on Rubber Avenue in Naugatuck:

This is 10 minutes from my house: 

Wauna is pronounced just like you think: "WonUH". The liquor store and sandwich shop are two separate stores and I've always wanted to know if they joined forces to choose complimentary business names. 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/9/22 6:39 p.m.

I used to buy work gloves called 'hand jobs' and of course the tag on the label read 'better than nothing!'

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/9/22 7:03 p.m.

An actual local chimney cleaning service: Ashwipes

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/9/22 7:05 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

There used to be a Curl Up and Dye hair salon in my neighborhood.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/9/22 7:32 p.m.

Not a business but the greatest bunch of sailboat racers you could meet... 

stroker said:

Real or imagined.  Go.

I'll start with my fictional Asian Restaurant.  "Wok on the Wild Side"

Edit: Forgot one.  "Big Dick's Seldom Inn"  That's a real bar in Missouri.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/22 8:13 p.m.

There is/was a tow and rigging company called B.I.G. Erections.

There is a restaurant locally called the Chinese Wok.  EVERY time we drove past it I had to hear the dadjoke about the Mexican Run.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/9/22 8:25 p.m.
Trent said:

I remember a Vietnamese restaurant when I lived in Seattle called "Pho King" Back then I didn't know the correct pronunciation of pho so I didn't get the joke.

I'd open one in England. Make it walk up so that people have to stand in the Pho Que.

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
6/9/22 8:27 p.m.

Up around Sandusky and Port Clinton, Ohio there was a septic tank service called The Wizard of Oooz.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/9/22 8:33 p.m.

In reply to jgrewe :

My home port.  But, I'm not a septic customer which might be why I've not heard of them. 

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd Reader
6/9/22 9:13 p.m.

I always think of these. 

Sari, not Sari  (Indian dress shop)- turns out this is taken

Gyrovision (Greek restaurant "Eurovision")

A Woman's Right To Chews (restaurant.) 

Wok, Don't Run (Asian restaurant.) 

in the "worst taste ever," my old college roommate reported that there used to be a record store in his neighborhood called "The Vinyl Solution." 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/22 9:18 p.m.

Stool Bus! Fantastic | Metro Rod

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/9/22 9:21 p.m.

A salon in the area:  Hair We Are

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/22 10:15 p.m.

Major Tom's Ground Control

Landscaping.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/22 10:34 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Sam n' Ella's Restaurant

I played a couple gigs at a bar called Sam & Ella's back in the mid-90's. 

I had the horrible idea for a Hispanic fried chicken chain called Itza Chicken. 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
6/9/22 11:10 p.m.
Trent said:

I have seen that Restaurant hundreds of times and laughed every time I read it. That is why I checked out this post!! :0D

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
6/9/22 11:19 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
Trent said:

I'd open one in England. Make it walk up so that people have to stand in the Pho Que.

Stand in the Pho King line..... :0D

I get my eyes checked and new glasses at Visual Eyes...always gives me a chuckle!

I've shied away from one of the other spots in town since they accidentally broke my sister's glasses...Optical Brokers!  laugh

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
6/9/22 11:57 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Its probably been 30 years since I was hanging out on Catawba and Johnson's Island. I had one friend who's family owned the last cottage on the lake on E. Sand Rd, right at Kokinda Dr. The place has to be 100 years old now, built by his grandfather.  Another friend had a place just down the street from the Confederate cemetery on Johnson's

wae
wae PowerDork
6/10/22 6:29 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

This place was on Rubber Avenue in Naugatuck:

There might have been a place by that name elsewhere, but that photo is from about 3 miles from my house.

The guy who bought the liquor store and turned it in to the Liquor Box bought the gas station/convenience store next to it a few years later.  It's called the Gas Hole.

Oh, and a couple stores down to the left is a decent Chinese take out place called Wok n Roll.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/10/22 7:15 a.m.

I am not only a distiller, but I also teach social dance. I've thought about combining these two into one business:

The Bourbon Ballroom
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2lYqgIVRTAgPhFMdVRkUNkU77xSmRIckWESPeGwTCpBkgfjGwRS5oAUTGBe82SPV