914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
8/14/08 7:12 a.m.

I was tasked to clean out a lab at work that has become a dumping ground for old furniture and files, I'm buying nice Stanley Vidmar cabinets and making it a lab again. I found five or six boxes of computer paper, some never opened, two are bundles with no box. It's the accordian type paper with the punched holes on each side. I threw them in the back of the Ranger after taping up the loose bundles to be donated to the local Day Care Center for the kiddies to color on.

So I'm headed north in the hammer lane doing the 75mph bumper to bumper Grand Prix, listening to Shawn Hannity and minding my business when I hear an explosion in back; I look in the mirror and see a stream of accordian paper making an escape! Bwahahahahaha! By the time I hit the blinker and try to get to the side, paper is all over the highway and there's no traffic behind me for 1/2 mile.

There's a truck stop 1/4 mile up the road, but it's also a State Police barracks, I slide inbetween two semis and arrange my load, everything was fine the rest of way home.

That's not funny.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/08 7:14 a.m.

For not being funny that is hilarious

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
8/14/08 7:26 a.m.

No, I'm thinking funny. Really.

It's like your car was trailing the TP out of the bathroom or something...

FUNNY!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/14/08 10:17 a.m.

If only we could record these moments for distribution to the masses!

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
8/14/08 10:29 a.m.

The masses don't have out special sense of humor....

egnorant
egnorant Dork
8/14/08 10:51 p.m.

Set a trashbag full of packing peanuts on top of the latest load to the dump. After it fell off we stopped to go back and retrieve it and arrived just as a semi truck did not even try to avoid it. THAT was fun! Sat for about 10 minutes as the flurries continued and had evil thought about the other 2 bags still in the truck.

Brother reports that bags of aluminum cans is fun but not as dramatic.

Bruce

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/15/08 7:13 a.m.

Last night I helped a guy load up the Charger, I was sad.

I set north on US127 in time to see a cooler fall from the roof of a part timers bus (NASCAR weekend everyone drives these stupid NASCAR themed busses) it bounced once and took out a second part timers fiberglass tilt front (I love seeing International busses get splattered). The lead bus was orange with a 20 on the side the second one had 88 on the side.

After seeing the carnage (busnage?) I was happy again.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
8/15/08 8:52 a.m.

About as amusing, but in a sick, twisted way, i saw a snowplow obliterate a deer when living in Upstate New York.

Threw that thing FAR.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/15/08 8:57 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: About as amusing, but in a sick, twisted way, i saw a snowplow obliterate a deer when living in Upstate New York. Threw that thing FAR.

that one ups the time my mom hit a deer. It was dead and we where waiting for the police to show up. Then a semi hit it and ripped it in two.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
8/15/08 9:27 a.m.
neon4891 wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: About as amusing, but in a sick, twisted way, i saw a snowplow obliterate a deer when living in Upstate New York. Threw that thing FAR.
that one ups the time my mom hit a deer. It was dead and we where waiting for the police to show up. Then a semi hit it and ripped it in two.

I've seen the remains of what happens when a cargo jet hits a deer on landing. Luckily I had rank so someone else had to clean it up. Its not pretty.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
8/15/08 10:10 a.m.
neon4891 wrote:

"I swear, officer, we did that just with our corolla!!"

cwh
cwh Dork
8/15/08 7:45 p.m.

Wildest similar thing I saw was a few years ago on I-275 in Tampa. Roofer truck dropped two kegs of roofing nails in traffic. Two guys were in the middle of the road frantically trying to sweep up the nails before the cops got there, at least 10 cars had pulled over to fix flats, some had all four down, some had two flats. I was lucky and avoided all of them. At least they tried to clean up their mess.

famous
famous New Reader
8/15/08 9:14 p.m.

Wild moment for my wife (I was the passenger along for the ride) - painter's truck in front of us drops a 12 foot ladder on the freeway, blocking our lane and the half the passing lane. My wife hits the brakes hard, releases as she swerves right, straightens it up on the shoulder, missing the ladder by "inches", pulls back onto the road like nothing happened.

We were in my then brand new Ford Probe - everything went slow-mo for me. She handled it really well (the wife is a very good driver). Guy behind us wasn't as good. Hit the ladder, and ripped out his oil pan.

Very messy day.

Mark

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
8/15/08 9:35 p.m.

That's why everybody should learn car control.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
8/17/08 12:19 a.m.

Buddy of mine and I were bringing home a large set of industrial shelves for my garage.

Me: "Shouldn't we break these down and lay them in the truck?" Him: "Nah, just let them hang out the back a bit. This thing weighs 200 lbs and is full of holes, the air will go right through...."

Let's just say that although it's wire shelving, those little wires carry a LOT of uplift.

(Just glad nobody was hurt. A Matco tool guy was loading it in the back of his truck by the time we turned around and found it).

-Rob

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yOFtJ2HSIBc1fGSlogHIbU1KlyUvqme8HkzsxqmldrPFVwpBlPuarSsX5s6nZz6J