1 2 3
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/21 7:50 p.m.

I was looking at properties for sale and ran across a church.  Actually fits my space requirements pretty well.  I notice that there's no property taxes as it's exempt because well church.   I'm now thinking of creating a car worshiping religion with services every Saturday for anyone that wants to come by and BS about cars.   Think that will work?

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/18/21 8:06 p.m.

Do you have a minute to discuss our Lord and Savior, the Mazda Miata?

Seriously, if people can create a religion based on The Big Lebowski, I think pretty much anything goes.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/18/21 8:08 p.m.

What happened to the Church of the Holy Cone?

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork

I'll pray to the patron saint of combustion.

Stampie (FS)

I just realized that we can have outreach ministries at the junkyards on Fridays.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/18/21 8:09 p.m.

Step 1: Become Hindu

http://www.kamat.com/indica/culture/sub-cultures/car_puja.htm

Step 2: ....

Step 3: Profit

I was actually wondering about this earlier today.  I came across a website describing some random pseudo religions while waiting on some welds to cool.  Seems to be a fairly low bar to get recognized

travellering
travellering HalfDork
1/18/21 8:17 p.m.

If you're uncreative enough you base your religion on movies, Mad Max (shiny and chrome!) seems as good a basis as the Jedi that make up a measurable percentage of census reports..

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
1/18/21 8:23 p.m.

I'm not saying I'd join, but I'd probably rock a bumper sticker. 

Stampie (FS)
1/18/21 8:26 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Adding bumper stickers to the list of T Shirts about how to get our church name out there.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/21 8:39 p.m.

Worth a try!  

Reminds me of a Ladson, SC business - back around 1998. the Church of the Fuzzy Bunny. It was a, um, shoe bar disguised as a church because the local zoning ordinance was amended to rule out shoe bars. It didn't work. 

I remember mentioning this on GRM Forum about a decade ago and Curmudgeon remembered it.  RIP. 

LOL 

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/the-time-mcmillion-scammer-jerry-colombo-said-god-told-him-to-open-strip-club-in/article_ea2bd090-573b-11ea-9b77-c3b115f36d1e.html

barefootskater (Shaun)
1/18/21 8:52 p.m.

Seems like it should be possible to organize. So lets discuss the theoretical new church. Are we talking like "the holy order of petroleum" or something like "if it has wheels it's worth worshipping"?

Do EVs fit in this church? Bikes? Is it for the unwashed masses or for the glorification of purebreds?

Details, Stampie! Let's have details!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/18/21 8:57 p.m.

Remember to dedicate a shrine to Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.

Mr_Asa
1/18/21 9:04 p.m.

Let's start with I.C.E. vehicles, focusing on gasoline.  This sets us up for an EV Schism in a decade or so.

Purebreds, of course, are welcome but the way of the Greater Religion of Motors is to get whatever you have moving however you can.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/18/21 9:09 p.m.
PMRacing said:

What happened to the Church of the Holy Cone?

The Paved Church of the Holy Cone is still in existence on Facebook, but nobody has testified in a while.

Pave The Planet - One World, One People, One Slab Of Asphalt

Stampie (FS)
1/18/21 9:53 p.m.

So yes I have been thinking about this.  I think the name should be "Stampie Church of the Automotive".  Since self motive is all inclusive I'm down for EV, ICE, 4 wheel, 2 wheel, 1 wheel,  all the wheels.  I've also explored translating the Church name into other languages so that anyone rocking our bumper sticker or T shirt can witness to anyone that sees them.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
1/18/21 9:58 p.m.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
1/18/21 10:01 p.m.

Suck, squeeze and bang and blow.  

Turning cheap fuel into water drops

Lift off the throttle it bangs and pops

Why is my tranny a box of rocks?

Suck, squeeze and bang and blow.  

Suck, squeeze and bannnnng and blowwww.

The tune

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
1/18/21 11:10 p.m.

Well...

God DID drive Adam and Eve from the garden in a Fury...

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/21 11:21 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

So yes I have been thinking about this.  I think the name should be "Stampie Church of the Automotive".  Since self motive is all inclusive I'm down for EV, ICE, 4 wheel, 2 wheel, 1 wheel,  all the wheels.  I've also explored translating the Church name into other languages so that anyone rocking our bumper sticker or T shirt can witness to anyone that sees them.

I see you're non-denominational.

barefootskater (Shaun)
1/18/21 11:45 p.m.

Stampie Church Of The Automitive

SCOTA. Put that on a sticker and sell me one. After establishing your tax exempt status of course. 

Mr_Asa
1/18/21 11:51 p.m.
travellering said:

If you're uncreative enough you base your religion on movies, Mad Max (shiny and chrome!) seems as good a basis as the Jedi that make up a measurable percentage of census reports..

I'm not a huge fan of the "V8" obsession that the War Boys have.

Gotta admit, their head priest rocks pretty hard though.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/19/21 12:16 a.m.

When I am out in S CA with my Cayman I call sunday canyon runs "going to the Church of St Ferdinand"

I am also an ordained preacher of Dudeism.

STM317
STM317 UberDork
1/19/21 5:13 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Are tracked vehicles included, or will they need a separate service?

Growing up, my dad often referred to "shop time" as "attending the Church of the Overhead Door".

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/21 5:31 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I'm guessing you'll probably need to be registered(licensed?) as a minister to start a church, so you might want to go ahead & do one of those online/mail-in forms now. It also might help if you get a wedding or two under your belt to show you have experience. That would help show legitimacy to whatever city council needs to approve your church. 

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I can not think of a more cruel or demanding god. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tUhfPdb0TQqOmL6XhiqfPFATbN7no6XqKKiVRZiBLCp4qRL0ejwzpwtXl6tPtZ6S