1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 4665
mk2mer
mk2mer Reader
6/18/10 10:47 p.m.

Here comes the album cover art section of this all too glorious thread.....

A blast from my high school past. I literally wore out this cassette. Thankfully CD was taking off back then.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/18/10 10:58 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: That's the 21st Century Schizoid Man painted by Bary Godber for the cover of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King album. Apparently it was his only painting and he died shortly after the album was released. I'll have to dig the CD out and listen to it tomorrow.

Kudos, Rob!

I have a vinyl copy; at least the third one since wearing-out the first one too many years ago. The CD is in the collection, too........

This was always a favorite cover from a lesser-known spin-off band:

The band's second album cover may be a bit too risque for the thread.

HappyJack
HappyJack New Reader
6/18/10 11:10 p.m.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Reader
6/18/10 11:33 p.m.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/18/10 11:45 p.m.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
6/19/10 12:07 a.m.

In reply to mk2mer:

Yeah. I was already a "productive member of society" then (spelled "old guy who still liked new music"), and bought it on CD after I heard "Been Caught Stealing" on the radio.

Wow, I found something! Original video for it?

http://www.mtv.com/videos/janes-addiction/58608/been-caught-stealing.jhtml#id=1536043

Hmm..seems like MTV's like CNN these days..no content on the air, but plenty at their website.

1991, the year my daughter was born. Had "Ritual de lo Habitual" in the CD player in the car almost 24/7. No wonder the poor kid's so berkeleyed up..

friedgreencorrado
6/19/10 12:32 a.m.

Alex Steinweiss, first "Art Director", Columbia Records.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Steinweiss

He wasn't Roger Dean, but some of his stuff was pretty cool..especially when you recall that he kinda invented the thing..

Linky..
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/27/entertainment/la-ca-recordjackets27-2009dec27

Oh, almost forgot. My own fave Album cover:

And another quarter for the GRM jukebox..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_PJDZXMHM

Can't "diss" Pete for not hitting the high notes anymore...I can't hit `em either. And I didn't have the brilliance to write a song like that in the first berkeleying place.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/10 12:40 a.m.

Ground-breaking Strand Craft 122 luxury yacht comes with free supercar It’s not often you see a company giving away a free supercar with a product purchase, but this is exactly what Strand Craft plans to do with its 122 luxury yacht – a 38-meter Open super yacht packed with the very latest in state-of-the-art technology and engineering.

Fashioned by Gray Design, the Strand Craft 122 concept boasts an Art Deco interior with four double rooms, four large staterooms, a reception, salon and numerous crew cabins. It’s also littered with 52” LED TVs, Bang & Olufsen sound in all rooms and of course, it looks absolutely stunning.

Powering this luxury behemoth are twin Rolls Royce engines and with the optional booster, it’s capable of generating over 14,000 horsepower and can break speeds of 50 knots.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/10 12:47 a.m.

122 Conch St

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/19/10 1:15 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Appleseed wrote: This plane will kill you in your sleep.
The guys at Mid-Atlantic are slowly putting one back together. Slowly, because they want it to *fly*. Great tribute to a great (and nearly forgotten) aircraft. Fabrication guys, check this one out..they started with one they found in a jungle on a South Pacific island. http://www.maam.org/p61/p61_rest.htm

I've been internet stalking those guy for quite a while.

How about the first F-15?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/19/10 1:19 a.m.

Every modern sport bike is indebted to this man.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
6/19/10 8:39 a.m.

Herbie Mann = make out music.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
6/19/10 9:14 a.m.

re: album covers. This is what sums up 80's hair rock.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/19/10 10:06 a.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/19/10 12:13 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Fabrication guys, check this one out..they started with one they found in a jungle on a South Pacific island. http://www.maam.org/p61/p61_rest.htm
Amazing. Craftsmen like that are few and far between now days. I like their nose art, too.
JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/19/10 12:16 p.m.
ddavidv wrote: re: album covers. This is what sums up 80's hair rock.

Fixed that for you. Everybody knows that the only important things in hair metal were Bobbie Brown on roller skates and Tawny Kitaen scratching up the hood of expensive cars.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/19/10 1:15 p.m.

bladerunner-robot Eddie would have given those metal posers quite a rapin'. Up the Irons!

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/19/10 2:27 p.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/19/10 8:18 p.m.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/19/10 8:26 p.m.

If I saw her running radar I think I'd slam brakes, throw it in reverse, while backing at full speed, put it in the first forward gear then fly by her at like 900 miles per hour . . .LMAO!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/19/10 8:33 p.m.

I thought it was a hair dryer..

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/19/10 8:44 p.m.
David Adams wrote: If I saw her running radar I think I'd slam brakes, throw it in reverse, while backing at full speed, put it in the first forward gear then fly by her at like 900 miles per hour . . .LMAO!

Politics aside, Jane was a major hottie back in the day.

FWIW, that was from Barbarella, and I suspect it was supposed to be some kind of gun

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/19/10 8:57 p.m.

Hanoi Jane can kiss my ass. But yeah she was easy on the eyes.

Album covers: I wore this one out, along with everything else PF did back in the day.

I aways though this was a staged or retouched photo; turns out it was a real snap. The pig broke loose and went sailing, commercial aircraft were delayed for some time until the pig could be recovered. The story goes that David Gilmore chased the thing with a Cessna.

And there's a Jane's Addiction in the Trooper's CD changer as we speak.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/10 9:25 p.m.

Boring cover, great album.

friedgreencorrado
6/19/10 9:39 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:

Holy cow! Is than an old Henry J gasser? Hooo, boy! If I was a drag racer, I'd be all over that! Please tell me the pix were from Hershey or something, so I can dream that sombody's gonna restore it..

1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 4665

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mGMu8eqzcJCLvQGMi8NWj4ZXP8SIMEGK6sTQyGgEFqrjx2L08clVgtjBepRGUUbI