1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 4667
81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/21/10 10:43 a.m.

There is some good stuff on this site, a lot of it NSFW.

http://www.nose-art.net/

Opus
Opus Dork
6/21/10 11:34 a.m.

try to get back on track here.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/21/10 1:01 p.m.

Because Fiats are cooler than Mercedes...........

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/21/10 1:13 p.m.

New Columbian President with wife. Picture better in the paper today.

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
6/21/10 1:16 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: In reply to bigwrench: How dare you make this claim without a pic for evidence. This is a photo of the plane outside: Can't see the difference, though.

No my black and white pic, we did not have color then , went away along time ago. It was outside the original building in downtown Fairborn when my dad took me to see it in 1962. It was a different pic and we always said anytime we went to the museum that they should have left it alone. that is my memory with my dad and I am sticking with it.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/21/10 1:18 p.m.

Give me this and Christina Applegate. I can take it from there.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
6/21/10 1:20 p.m.
pete240z wrote: New Columbian President with wife. Picture better in the paper today.

is that William Shatner?

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
6/21/10 1:23 p.m.
bigwrench wrote:
oldsaw wrote: In reply to bigwrench: How dare you make this claim without a pic for evidence. This is a photo of the plane outside: Can't see the difference, though.
No my black and white pic, we did not have color then , went away along time ago. It was outside the original building in downtown Fairborn when my dad took me to see it in 1962. It was a different pic and we always said anytime we went to the museum that they should have left it alone. that is my memory with my dad and I am sticking with it.

From the Pilots forum : The picture of the red haired Vargas girl was not added until after we had been in the 512th Squadron for a while. I don't remember for sure just where that was done. It could have been at Enfidaville, Tunisia, but I believe it more likely that the picture was added after we moved up to San Pancrazio, Italy.

The Vargas Girl was less covered in those days. That is the difference, you saw more headlights.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/21/10 1:26 p.m.

man, she's smoking hot.......................just kidding

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
6/21/10 1:31 p.m.

im gonna leave this riiiiight... herrre....

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
6/21/10 1:32 p.m.
Hocrest wrote:
914Driver wrote: I heard a story about Sam Kinnison dying in a car crash. He actually walked away from it but began arguing with an unseen somebody three feet taller than him. After 20 seconds he conceded saying "OK, OK" then fell to the ground dead.
Not sure about the second part, but he did die in a crash. Ironically it was after he stopped drinking and he was hit by a drunk driver...

Did Sam Kinison Speak With Angels?

The Revealing Death of Sam Kinison

It was about 8:30 P.M. Friday night on April 10, 1992, when comedian Sam Kinison was killed in a head on collision with a pickup truck. Kinison had just been married a week before and was travelling from Los Angeles with his newlywed wife, Malika, to a sold out performance in Laughlin, Nevada.

Kinison was completely sober, and drug free at that point in his life, but the teenagers barreling down the wrong side of the highway that night were smashed out of their minds.

Sam had seen the truck coming, and slowed his Trans Am down to just 15 miles per hour, but he wasn't wearing his seat belt. At impact he was thrown into the windshield, and suffered multiple traumatic injuries.

In the first moments after impact Kinison seemed as if he were going to make it, but within minutes he appeared to know he was about to die.

Witnesses stated that Kinison appeared to be holding a conversation in which he stated, "I don't want to die. I don't want to die."

As the conversation continued Sam said, "But why?"

And finally, Kinison stated, "Okay, Okay, Okay".

The last "Okay" was stated in a very gentle and loving manner, as if he were talking with someone he knew, and loved.

Efforts to resuscitate him failed. He was just 38 years old.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/21/10 3:15 p.m.

Thank God for Lenny Bruce.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
6/21/10 3:54 p.m.

Why? Because he was as cool as Kinison and taken too soon in an ironic death.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
6/21/10 3:58 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

Besides cocaine, autopsy findings indicate [Sam Kinison] had the prescription tranquilizers Valium and Xantac in his system as well as the prescription painkiller codeine, said Dr. Irving Root, who retired as the San Bernardino County coroner's chief pathologist in 1991.

That combo might bring forth some angels.

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/21/10 4:02 p.m.

6/21/10 4:14 p.m.
ddavidv wrote: Why? Because he was as cool as Kinison and taken too soon in an ironic death.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/21/10 5:00 p.m.

To answer the OP's question . . . .no

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/21/10 6:19 p.m.

This thread had an OP?

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
6/21/10 6:35 p.m.

One more p

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/21/10 7:38 p.m.

Yeah, you know me...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/10 8:27 p.m.
Otto_Maddox wrote: In reply to 914Driver: Besides cocaine, autopsy findings indicate [Sam Kinison] had the prescription tranquilizers Valium and Xantac in his system as well as the prescription painkiller codeine, said Dr. Irving Root, who retired as the San Bernardino County coroner's chief pathologist in 1991. That combo might bring forth some angels.

It always does for me

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/10 8:31 p.m.

6/21/10 8:34 p.m.

JtspellS
JtspellS New Reader
6/21/10 8:36 p.m.

A great dead comedian.

zomby woof