1 ... 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 ... 4667
Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/27/20 7:59 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Not having grown up here in the 80's I only watched Red Dawn since Covid shutdown.  Hilarious.  Teenage angst wrapped up in commie hating patriotism.

And I, for one, still have never seen it, though I also came of age in the '80s.

Pic unrelated:

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/27/20 8:01 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Not having grown up here in the 80's I only watched Red Dawn since Covid shutdown.  Hilarious.  Teenage angst wrapped up in commie hating patriotism.

It is interesting watching again all these years later.  The cold war was going strong (Berlin Wall came down 5 years later). Even as a pre-teen, nuclear war was something you knew about.  I am sure I only saw it a couple years after it came out, but even then, it felt much different than watching it today.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/27/20 9:03 a.m.

Ram promaster I still hate you. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
10/27/20 10:26 a.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

Ram promaster I still hate you. 

What type of work are you doing where you use 3 screwdrivers, electrical tape, a Sharpie, and a knife.  Did FIAT/Chrysler take the RAM's electrcial system from the MOPAR version of crappy and elevate it to FIAT level?

10/27/20 11:05 a.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

3 screw drivers 2 are torqes, one is flat head, electrical tape and sharpie is just junk out of my pocket my knife was in.The knife I used to split the cluster to put the needle back on the fuel gauge. 

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/27/20 12:43 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

It just... fell off?

10/27/20 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom (FFS) :

It did, clipped right back on. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/27/20 4:04 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/20 4:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Scrolling quickly, I thought this was a Firefly promotional photo.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/27/20 6:04 p.m.

seen at the WalMart in Warner Robins, GA today. Anyone here claim it?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/27/20 6:21 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

seen at the WalMart in Warner Robins, GA today. Anyone here claim it?

No, I've never seen it, but if it needs a home...

Green anole. These were all over the place in Florida when I was a kid. I see one every year or two now. They've been out competed by the Cuban Brown Anole.

10/27/20 6:29 p.m.

Turbo Subaru wagon. Used to see them a  lot, now they're rare too, at least here.

Tellingly, this had Colorado plates. It looked really good when I was closer.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/27/20 7:28 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

I had a green anole on my back porch in Easton PA last summer. Maybe they are just migrating north? I had not seen one since I left FL in '91. Pic unrelated, the autocross "kart" has been around a long time. McGuire AFB 1971.

10/27/20 7:32 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

I wish I sti had pics. I had 6 loyals at one point. 3 turbo, 3 NA. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/27/20 7:34 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Dude. Add about 20 pounds and buck teeth and I am the kid on the right. They never did get them capped correctly after I knocked them out on my XR75 dirt bike. 

10/27/20 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

My wife came with an 85 Loyale wagon. Naturally aspirated 4x4, 5-speed. I believe it had 84 horsepower.

I used to mock it because it was so slow. That stopped when I slid it sideways on a snow covered road at an entrance to the blue Ridge parkway. It had both left wheels in a culvert and was tipped over at a 45° angle with snow up to the windows. On ice.

Drove it out. 

Edit for photo of something...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/28/20 7:40 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said

Green anole. These were all over the place in Florida when I was a kid. I see one every year or two now. They've been out competed by the Cuban Brown Anole.

Explained to my kid that growing up in St. Pete we would grab two of them, get them pissed off to bite you, then clip them on your ear lobes like earrings.

He just went blank with his mouth open.

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
10/28/20 9:36 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Turbo Subaru wagon. Used to see them a  lot, now they're rare too, at least here.

Around here, I think I saw the last Loyale in the early 2000's. They all went back to the earth. They were GREAT cars for winter.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/28/20 10:02 a.m.
fanfoy said:
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Around here, I think I saw the last Loyale in the early 2000's. They all went back to the earth. They were GREAT cars for winter.

I owned a Loyale 4WD wagon for a few years. 85hp TBI motor, 3-speed non-OD automatic, plus 23" tall tires and a 3.90 gear meant it went down the road at a screaming, whirling, clattering 3500rpm at 55mph. But I drove it through mud and snow that was up over the wheel center lines and it just would not stop. We also used it as the work towtruck, dragging broke Chevy 1500s and 2500s into the shop on a regular basis. And then the tin worm got so bad I finally had to retire. Loved that stupid little box. The wrinkled hood is because the hood latch was a bit janky and the previous owner folded the hood up over the windshield. It resulted in the wiper jets being absolutely worthless, as one just about overshot the windshield and the other sprayed at the very base.

The 944 was not mine. You can just make out a small puddle of coolant. It exploded the upper radiator hose, like blew a 2"x4" chunk out, and dumped all the coolant in the road in front of the house, so we pushed it there until he could return and fix it. I think it was even rustier than my Loyale, somehow. Guy came and put a new radiator hose in it, and then the next day I saw it parked in someone else's driveway about 5 miles up the road. Must have been how far he made it before it broke again. Weirdly, the guy who owned it turned out to be a childhood friend of my father, who had not seen him in decades. I walked out to ask if the guy needed a hand and he looked at the house, squinted his eyes and said "Say, Jamie doesn't still happen to still live here does he?" I looked at him and I said "Dixon? If you know my father as Jamie, you must know him from waaaay back. He's out back, splitting firewood, if you want to say hello."

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/28/20 10:04 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/28/20 10:04 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/28/20 10:05 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/28/20 10:05 a.m.