1 ... 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 ... 4664
Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/22/21 4:13 p.m.

Chimera cardinal with split male / female coloration:

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/22/21 4:59 p.m.

The "I can't believe you would part out such a clean car!!!" starter pack. And yes, I moved the jack stand. This was hiding under a side skirt on the SVT Focus I'm parting out. It's so much worse than the picture. The unibody is a total loss. 

Sparkydog
Sparkydog HalfDork
2/22/21 5:48 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/22/21 6:08 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/21 7:06 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

The "I can't believe you would part out such a clean car!!!" starter pack. And yes, I moved the jack stand. This was hiding under a side skirt on the SVT Focus I'm parting out. It's so much worse than the picture. The unibody is a total loss. 

Meh.  Guy I worked with sold a base Focus wagon with no rockers at all for $1500.

For a rare car like an SVT, that looks fixable to me.  The only part that makes me cringe is when the firewall starts separating from the floor.  Fords love to rust out there.  Then the car is not held together by much other than the exhaust tunnel and what is left of the chassis rails.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/21 10:44 p.m.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/23/21 7:00 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Scotty Con Queso said:

Meh.  Guy I worked with sold a base Focus wagon with no rockers at all for $1500.

For a rare car like an SVT, that looks fixable to me.  The only part that makes me cringe is when the firewall starts separating from the floor.  Fords love to rust out there.  Then the car is not held together by much other than the exhaust tunnel and what is left of the chassis rails.

I mean, I get that SVTs are rare and were a high water mark for Foci of that era, but was the chassis/body special? or just the driveline? Wasn't the rusty part above the same as any other 2dr hatch Focus? (unrelated, but I drove one years ago and wasn't that impressed, but it was well used.)

Picture unrelated.

Picture Is Unrelated - Wtf Pictures - 9241 - Buamai

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/23/21 1:27 p.m.
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/23/21 1:37 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

All the good stuff is gonesad

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/23/21 3:46 p.m.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/23/21 5:56 p.m.

This is supposedly the next USPS mail delivery vehicle. Oshkosh Defense won the contract for 165,000 vehicles over the next 10 years.

It's got a face that only a defense contractor would love.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2021/0223-multi-billion-dollar-modernization-of-postal-delivery-vehicle-fleet.htm

I guess that means that there will be a huge glut of cheap Grumman LLVs. LS swap anyone?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/21 6:35 p.m.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
2/23/21 6:44 p.m.

I wonder if they'll finally start delivering the mail with these new trucks.  Among many other excuses for poor service, I've had packages undelivered due to "animal interference".  I don't have a dog or any pets for that matter.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/23/21 8:10 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/23/21 8:52 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/23/21 9:01 p.m.
2/24/21 4:57 a.m.

In reply to Apis Mellifera :

Don't know where you are, but in GA that means the mail truck hit a deer. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/24/21 6:53 a.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:

Is that the companion piece to the Herkimer Battle Jitney?

https://img-hmn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/img.hmn.com/fit-in/900x506/filters:upscale()/stories/2007/07/herkimerbattlejitney_resized.jpg

It's a Russian prototype amphibious 8-wheeled vehicle.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/24/21 10:38 a.m.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
2/24/21 11:30 a.m.

In reply to ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) :

Suburbs. They park in front of my house and walk the neighborhood.  They seem to deliver about four days a week and nap? the other days.  We get a lot of "Delivery attempted" when we've been home all day and "Delivered" and it comes a day or two later or they don't pickup the out going mail.  Just generally poor service from the Post Office in my town.  I think they just enter a bogus status so it looks like they're doing their job.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/24/21 11:38 a.m.

Ha, I ordered flowers for my wife on Valentine's Day since I was out of town. She said they never came although FedEx showed them delivered. When I got home I couldn't find them anywhere and claimed them as lost.

my nine year old asked me what the box by the barn door was... instead of driving up the driveway they had waded throughs snow bank and put them by the roll up door in my barn. Not even the man door. Freaking lazy 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/24/21 1:10 p.m.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/21 2:03 p.m.

I read that as "berkeley Pro"

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/24/21 3:51 p.m.

2/24/21 5:37 p.m.

someone at our local EMC is throwing shade or thinks they're funny combining that tag line with that corner title. 

1 ... 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 ... 4664

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rJ4V3TpqpQBUl4OkkLQXbld2K62d5OVyhe3fxiJzw1ArLyTVySoAov2D8ZxU504e