1 ... 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 ... 4668
stroker
stroker UberDork
5/8/21 8:27 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Has anyone ever seen a Warthog in polished aluminum finish...?  I have a feeling that would look a lot better than you might first think.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/21 8:39 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:
914Driver said:

Ever land at LaGuardia?  You think it's a water landing!

I know it's the photo thread, but forgive me if I share a story.

We flew from Ft Lauderdale to Newark to see one of our horses race at the Meadowlands. We were going to fly back after the race, got snowed in and stuck on Long Island at the boss's house for two days.

We were on the second flight out of La Guardia when it reopened. They deiced the plane continuously for hours, switching from one wing to the other, then back again. I noticed that every time they switched wings that the other one would ice up really rapidly, so we were going to have at least an inch of ice on one of the wings.

Then the pilot announced that another flight had made it out, "...so I guess we will too." Not real confidence inspiring.

There were about 10 passengers in the entire plane, so it was nearly empty. With no weight in the plane it had no shock compression as it slammed over the bumps on the runway.

As soon as we left the ground, the pilot accelerated into a hard turn, and the entire plane started shaking violently. The wingtips were pounding up and down, and the seats and overhead compartments seemed to be in danger of coming loose. The flight attendant was white as a ghost. As I looked at her, she took another yank on her seatbelt and crossed herself.

As we turned, I got a real good look at that grey, choppy, 33 degree water in the Sound. I decided that it would be pointless to survive the impact if we went down. 

I don't know what the tailwind was, but we took off 2 1/2 hours late and got into Fort Lauderdale early.

All for a job that I hated, and a boss whose sole purpose in life was to make everyone around him miserable.

But hey, I'm still here, having fun, have a wife that I love and two great kids, and he's dead! All's well that ends well!

A nice fox body I encountered outside the parts store the other day. Five lug conversion with rear discs. Just missed the chance to talk to the owner. 

LX notchback. Mmmmmmm

I prefer those stockers up front. 

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
5/8/21 9:52 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Oh My!

Noah’s Ark - Noah's Ark (noahs-ark.org) is within 30 of me.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/9/21 5:49 a.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/9/21 8:54 a.m.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/9/21 12:39 p.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

Now I know what to to with the next road gator I see.

Nope, not going to happen.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/9/21 8:32 p.m.
68TR250 said:

In reply to P3PPY :

Oh My!

Noah’s Ark - Noah's Ark (noahs-ark.org) is within 30 of me.

Someday hopefully I can visit. There is a big cat sanctuary just south of KC in Louisburg, KS. We loved visiting there. You get to see such a variety and so much closer than a traditional zoo. Also the volunteers tended to be on-hand to talk. Favorite part is telling ppl about how to feed them they get donations from all the local animal shelters and toss them over the fence

...and that's a joke :)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/9/21 9:11 p.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
5/9/21 9:17 p.m.

A post shared by Car Content (@straightcarz)

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
5/9/21 9:22 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/10/21 7:22 a.m.

WWII Jeep hoods from a German junk yard, covering a garage roof in Bonn, Germany.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/10/21 7:34 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/10/21 8:01 a.m.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
5/10/21 12:19 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/21 11:18 p.m.

"It's been a minute" (as SWMBO likes to say) since I've watched Predator 2.

I don't remember the scene with three almost identical first generation Mustangs, one parked and two moving.  I was a kid, is my only defense.

And the Mustangs are the newest cars in the shot.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
5/11/21 12:35 a.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

This truck is local to me. Not gonna lie, I like it. The stance is just right. Like it's beefed up and capable without being overdone. The cosmetics aren't for everyone though. Very much mad max meets challenge budget. 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/11/21 8:44 a.m.

Modern chariot racing fighting!!!  This looks to be another great way to shed ones mortal coil.

johndej
johndej Dork
5/11/21 1:31 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/11/21 1:51 p.m.

Found on a boat in the Arabian Sea recently:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/11/21 1:52 p.m.

WOW!!  How lucky am I?

----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, May 10, 2021 8:34 am
Subject: SHIPMENT

I am MR LOUIS MILLER, Inspection Unit Manager United Nations Inspection Agency in Harts-field Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered An abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from the United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, The two consignment boxes are worth $8 million. And I Ascertain you that the consignment is in your name,you are advised to provide all details for claim, after custom clearance charges are perfected .

CONTACT EMAIL ... millermrlouis353@gmail.com

Sincerely,
LOUIS MILLER”

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/12/21 5:42 a.m.

How Mercedes advertises its bright headlights.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/12/21 6:08 a.m.

Popeye the Sailor was a real guy!  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/12/21 11:50 a.m.

"I bought this GTX that's been sitting for a while, but it's not running right."

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/12/21 1:17 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Must be a Canadian thing to have hockey stick pushrods?

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/12/21 1:19 p.m.
914Driver said:

How Mercedes advertises its bright headlights.

Just great.

1 ... 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 ... 4668

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IuzISRsDScNcmY4BNQaOUPjrVLohvyuTan1c4xMCXX9EZHtxdiImDpt4nv38kclr