1 ... 3 4 5
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/3/16 7:21 p.m.

When is the SAE paper presentation for this technology? Or is there a paper already?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/16 9:37 p.m.
GWBarn wrote: In reply to Keith Tanner: From the link that I posted, send me an email from there. Do you have the analyser on hand? We can do it now!

I am not proposing to test this within the next five minutes. The equipment is at our shop, I am currently not.

Email sent to graylindind@gmail.com, which is the address visible on the website.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/4/16 7:10 a.m.

In reply to GWBarn:

Instead of getting them from you, I'd rather get them from the SAE. So what are the publication numbers?

Prove to me that you are not selling canoes.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/16 7:13 a.m.
Furious_E wrote: In reply to GWBarn: Yup that looks totally legit. Edit: Complete with mention of chemtrails...

That hits the Knurled BS-O-Meter Rule: Any mention of "chemtrails" in a non-sarcastic/ironic manner means you may safely ignore anything from that person ever again. They are either a moron or trying to scam you because they think you are a moron.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/4/16 5:39 p.m.

In reply to GWBarn:

Welcome to our forum.

I have deleted your post that contained links. I have not deleted your account this time. You should be receiving an e-mail from our associate editor explaining that if you wish to use our forum to drive traffic to your site, you will need to become a paying advertiser with GRM. Please refrain from posting any links until that contract is in place. If you have any questions let me know.

Keith Tanner
2/4/16 5:41 p.m.

FYI, next time we're doing an emissions test, I'm going to send him a copy. He'll send me an anti-smog image to my phone that should clean things up.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
2/4/16 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

So what is it? An antismog scare-crow?

Keith Tanner
2/4/16 6:03 p.m.

I haven't seen it yet. I'm assuming it's a picture of a hologram with the right frequencies to counteract the frequencies of the smog, and I'll show it to the car or press it against the fuel tank or something.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/4/16 6:15 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

It's probably just a bag of sugar......

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/4/16 6:16 p.m.

Its a liquid frequency generator that you plumb into the auxiliary input of your HHO injector.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
2/4/16 6:33 p.m.

This is the technical schematic.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/4/16 7:26 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: So....antimatter?

if i hit your miata with anti-miata, does it just cease to exist? do i also need an anti-keith if you are in the car to make everything occupant included completely disappear? because i think that's the technology being employed here. way over my head. some serious david copperfield E36 M3 going on here.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/16 7:31 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: So....antimatter?
if i hit your miata with anti-miata, does it just cease to exist?

Given that anti-miata is a large carticle like a Biggs Excurson, I am pretty sure that the miata would be annihilated and would cease to exist.

Keith Tanner
2/4/16 9:25 p.m.

Ha!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/16 7:22 a.m.

Getting back to the OPs question.

Yes you could fake out the OBD2 test but it would cost you more to do it than to just purchase a new car. There is a bunch of things that are looked at. Codes are what trigger a fail as will the readiness of the various systems but it also looks at millage and vin number and other things as well. To fake make somthing that emulated the cars computer would be very tough. On newer cars even more so as the information in the computer is specific to the car and the OBD2 test looks at that. It is why when replacing a computer in a modern car you need the dealer to re program it. What they are doing is making it match the car so when the OBD2 test is done the data I enter as an inspector matches what is in the cars computer. Mileage, VIN and all the car specs are verified against what we enter and what tge car said it is. This is another way it prevents you from cheering the test by plugging in to another car to get a sticker.

Ohya and then there is the EPA. They get really really serious about This kind of thing. Of all the agency's to get pissed at you this is the one that scares me the most. They are used to doling out fines in the millions and jail time in decades.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
2/5/16 7:49 a.m.
GWBarn wrote: you can't judge a book by its cover if you don't even pull it of the shelf.

I don't know, I'd have a hard time NOT judging this book just sitting on the shelf. Don't tell me you are able look at this cover with a straight face.

But you could at least explain where you apply the frequency. Do you have to stick speakers in the combustion chamber? Put earbuds in the fuel tank to remove contaminants? I'm still trying to figure out what this hologram looks like in practice.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/16 7:56 a.m.

Hay people will purchas anything and use it with out thinking.

The guy that ported his friends car by putting sand through the intake.

Or the NOS energy drink fuel additive.

I am sure these new fangled emissions canceling things will sell.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
2/5/16 8:06 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: This is the technical schematic.

No no, that's for softserv icecream!

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
782fumcGuoYjmMfiL34L8OAkaD7VBff6IrF7POS7suqA8iUlKHJwsPtYNWZst3S0