1 2 3 ... 6
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/16 3:53 p.m.

Forgive me if this was already posted, but I know we have a few fans of cargo shorts around here.

The Wall Street Journal studies cargo shorts.

If you search for this URL in google, it should not prompt for a subscription:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nice-cargo-shorts-youre-sleeping-on-the-sofa-1470082856

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 4:16 p.m.

Have to subscribe to read the story.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
9/8/16 4:27 p.m.

I don't understand the hate; they're the equivalent of a man purse when you're working on things.

Also:

Joseph Hancock a design and merchandising professor at Drexel University, who wrote his Ph.D. thesis about cargo pants.

Seriously?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 4:54 p.m.

I will admit that Cargo shorts are not the best looking shorts in the world.. but very few men look good in any kind of shorts

dropstep
dropstep Dork
9/8/16 5:05 p.m.

I love cargo shorts, i also wear cargo pants, even my uniform pants are cargo. I love the pockets!

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 5:10 p.m.

I wear regular shorts that look like work pants without the excess pockets. I'd wear them year round if I could wear them to work. Not wearing shorts is the only thing I really miss about driving a bus. I tried cargo shorts but over a certain circumference you look like Gabby Hayes should be riding you into an abandoned mine.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 5:42 p.m.

The only time I don't wear cargo shorts is when I'm wearing cargo pants.

Function over form, in all things.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
9/8/16 6:03 p.m.

I'm wearing a pair now

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/8/16 6:11 p.m.

Wait, so there are other types of shorts?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 6:11 p.m.

I wear cargo pants for work.. and cargo shorts around the house.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 6:15 p.m.

I'm wearing cargo pants with the legs zipped off.

I'm also pushing 40, white, bald, pudgy, married and we have a child. Who the hell do I have to impress anymore?

When you're as tired as I am and need to carry your stuff, the baby's stuff and your wife's stuff, you don't need to worry about a lack of pockets.

Function over form for me, thanks.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/16 6:25 p.m.

Cargo shorts ftmfw. Where would my wife carry her E36 M3 of I didn't wear cargo shorts?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/8/16 6:37 p.m.

I love my cargo shorts and I'm not even from Ohio

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/8/16 7:30 p.m.

This reminds me... I need to get some new cargo shorts.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/16 7:36 p.m.

I think BassPro is having a sale on Cargo Shorts. That's where I get mine.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie New Reader
9/8/16 8:02 p.m.

My work uniform (fire department) is tactical ripstop cargo shorts. I love those things. When they get replaced every year I take the old ones home. Whether I'm at my job or working in my shop, it's shorts/365 days per year for me.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
9/8/16 8:05 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I will admit that Cargo shorts are not the best looking shorts in the world.. but very few men look good in any kind of shorts

Speak for yourself! I look damn good in shorts.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 8:21 p.m.

So if we re name them tactical ripstop shorts I bet they become cool again.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/8/16 8:28 p.m.

The only way I, a no-assed white man with a bit of a gut, could wear cargo pants is with suspenders as part of the deal.

Toymanswife
Toymanswife New Reader
9/8/16 9:08 p.m.

I'm sorry but I happen to love my husband's cargo shorts. I don't see anything wrong with them. As mentioned about... the firemen wear cargo pants...and some of those calendars are pretty hot!

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
9/8/16 9:13 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: The only way I, a no-assed white man with a bit of a gut, could wear cargo pants is with suspenders as part of the deal.

As another no-assed white man, I have no problem with my cargo shorts or pants. As long as I have my belt cinched down real tight.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/8/16 9:14 p.m.

Grown men don't wear shorts.

If you're happy looking like a toddler, that's up to you.

Also, if your shirt isn't tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/8/16 9:20 p.m.

It's all I wore for years.

I miss them- work makes me wear long denim now.

My girl thinks my legs are hot! So, frankly TM, I don't care if I look like a toddler. My girl thinks I'm sexy in shorts- I see no reason to consider anything else!!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
9/8/16 9:21 p.m.

Trans Maro has obviously never spent a summer in the deep south.

I've switched from standard khaki cargo shorts to the nylon quick dry version. Their great in tropical south Georgia. Lightweight, quick dry and look the same as the khaki ones.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 9:50 p.m.

Cargo shorts became a lightning rod of the fashion world earlier this year. But fashion is one of mankind's dumbest inventions and can go berkeley itself, and cargo shorts are functional, comfortable, and elegant.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e27M4bp3XlAu4gOQoeRfJluXTiSEr737jliiPShqgkwESynGNwJegPx1JjqUKEqZ