neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/22/08 9:30 a.m.

http://dieselsecret.com/

they claim no need to convert your vehicle or to build a complicated procesing ste up. Just add to waste oil and your good to go. I would like to go farther, but I'm out the door for work.

read and discuse

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
6/22/08 10:03 a.m.

they claim their product thins the oil, but I'd be wary because there is nothing on the site that explains "how" it thins the biodeisel or effects burn. Looks like snake oil to me

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/22/08 10:39 a.m.

kerosene thins oil just fine.

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
6/22/08 11:47 a.m.

ignorant, but what happens if it sits, won't it seperate from the veggie oil and then the veggies can gum up again?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/22/08 12:18 p.m.

Need to keep it hot so it dosen't gel. Thinning helps that. It shouldn't seperate out if you mix it effectively. In the summer months In Charleston, SC there is no need to thin it. Just pour it in and go.

Here's a good forum on the thinning..

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9751014871

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/22/08 9:11 p.m.

I'm just tired of seeing the comercials for it EVERY comercial break after mid night on the History channel

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/22/08 11:20 p.m.

Complete BS if you ask me... And you did ask me... :)

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/23/08 6:21 a.m.

I highly doubt this is BS.. I also doubt their secret additive is anything worthwhile. Steps are as follows

Our System Can Be Summed Up In These Simple Steps 1. Obtain the Correct Oil (we'll show you how to pick it up easily, and for FREE!) 2. Add the recommended ingredients including our exclusive Alternative Diesel Fuel Additive (an essential catalyst for our fuel to perform as intended) 3. Pump the oil through the filters and into your vehicle. Total cost only $0.46 per gallon! 4. Drive away happy and richer

I'll be the additional ingredients, are unleaded gas or Kero or any other oil solvent.......

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
6/23/08 10:49 a.m.

So their ingrediants are either non-proprietary thinning agents or complete bunk.

All the same to me, this is a worthless company.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
6/23/08 3:07 p.m.

Snake oil.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
6/23/08 10:06 p.m.

^ I don't think the additives will work with snake oil. I think you actually have to put snake oil through the transesterification process to get biodiesel.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AP2m5k9m8W9smltVmC39mNRnuWLUrV44KJYWRxzgvy881KMT3IG5n1jcsuyW73M8