Petrol GIFs | Tenor

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 3:27 p.m.

Filling up tonight then...

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/26/22 4:33 p.m.

Who's Ian and what does he have to do with the Gulf? 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/26/22 4:34 p.m.

Gas is already up 30 cents in CA because of "unplanned maintenance" at refineries.

Now... theoretically, CA's refinery issues should have no effect on the rest of the country (totally isolated).  So.... issues in the rest of the country should not affect CA...  right?

I think as long as it stays away from the refineries in LA (which it is supposed to), it should not be that big of an impact... but... any excuse...

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/26/22 4:51 p.m.
hunter47 said:

I've never met him but I hear he's a real blowhard...I'll see myself out.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/26/22 4:53 p.m.
RX Reven' said:
hunter47 said:

I've never met him but I hear he's a real blowhard...I'll see myself out.

Only when drunk.

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/27/22 12:59 a.m.

In reply to hunter47 :

Alright I'm an idiot and I thought "Ian" was a typo for "Iran" but I obviously forgot that there's a hurricane named Ian. 

HundredDollarCar
HundredDollarCar Reader
9/27/22 8:34 a.m.

A quick count of shut-in production indicates around 485,000 bbls/day removed from the flow from the Gulf.  Depending on existing Gulf Coast refinery storage levels this could affect short term prices.  Realize also that restart of subsea wells and production is not immediate following the storm’s passing.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/22 8:36 a.m.

All the Floating Production,  and Fixed Leg facilities, are shut down during Gulf of Mexico hurricanes.  Standard procedure.

There are thousands of people working out there and its takes a while to get them all to shore.    

So they "shut in" and leave.   

Can you imagine if Chevron/Exxon/Shell/Murphy/LLOG/BP, to name a few offshore operators, left people on board when there was a possibility of  a hurricane  at the facility?   Imagine if they didn't shut in and something happened that resulted in an oil leak in to GOM.

Its not a conspiracy, its for safety.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/27/22 10:44 a.m.
jharry3 said:

All the Floating Production,  and Fixed Leg facilities, are shut down during Gulf of Mexico hurricanes.  Standard procedure.

There are thousands of people working out there and its takes a while to get them all to shore.    

So they "shut in" and leave.   

Can you imagine if Chevron/Exxon/Shell/Murphy/LLOG/BP, to name a few offshore operators, left people on board when there was a possibility of  a hurricane  at the facility?   Imagine if they didn't shut in and something happened that resulted in an oil leak in to GOM.

Its not a conspiracy, its for safety.

Any time I think of conspiracy theories, I'm reminded of this meme. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/27/22 1:47 p.m.
hunter47 said:

In reply to hunter47 :

Alright I'm an idiot and I thought "Ian" was a typo for "Iran" but I obviously forgot that there's a hurricane named Ian. 

ian

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/18/22 12:43 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lJMla7zk4d11hR0edEb6AUlGhnCIvkzoEKabTdHQRR5v2qPa2fAAq34zMTJ1Wmd2