1 2 3
porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
2/6/09 6:00 p.m.
joey48442 wrote:
porksboy wrote: When I was 25 I grew my hair long. I was out of the house and living with my fiance to whom I have been maried for 18 years. When I would go home I wouldnt sleep in the house nor let my guard down or else my father have cut my hair.Tthe earing that was in vouge at the time was instantly ripped from my ear. Took a while to heal and I had to wait 2 years to afford to have my earlobe repaired. Of course I knew going in I was playing with fire "I'll show him"... I WAS WRONG... And I apreciate the lesson learned.
And what was that lesson? Your dads an ass? No offense, but jeez, you were 25, and your father RIPPED an earring out of your head? Sounds like the guy has a few issues he needs to sort out. Joey

No the lesson was if you berkeley with someone bigger, older, and meaner than you just to berkeley with them, there will be consequences. He ment for it to be painful but not phisicaly damaging.

noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
2/6/09 6:30 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Yes, my old man hates my long hair but hey, I'm 30, what can he do about it? (this is completeley different than growing a mohawk, yeah, that's it...)

I think my last actual haircut was when I was 19. My girlfriend gave it to me in her dorm room. (Then I threw up - serious Chinese-food overdose at some place near Hiram, OH - I swear there was a gallon of food on the plate and I ate it all)

I'm 31. I used to tell people "I'll get it cut before I'm 30". They still didn't realize that it was just an expedient conversation-stopper.

In reality, I am too cheap to pay for haircuts and too lazy to buzz it myself on a regular basis.

noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
2/6/09 6:38 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: The best thing about long hair is when you get it wound up in the wheels of your creeper.

And on the eighth day, God invented radiator and header boxes that can be opened up and slid around on.

Creepers just help you find all of the cracks in the driveway, anyway.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
2/6/09 6:59 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
gamby wrote: If there are some who were offended by "tard" and "retard" being thrown around, I have issues w/ "fag" being thrown around (and I'm not gay). That said-- I don't know your nephew's mom is trying to accomplish, but she seems to be hell-bend on really screwing this kid up. Seems like she wanted a girl and is treating her son like one to make up for it. That is really disturbing. Where the hell is the father in this???
wait a minute. you don't like the term "fag" being used -- may i guess that you consider it insulting and judgmental -- but you're OK with stating your own bias that this woman is screwing up her kid? if fags are OK people, then why is making him a fag not OK?

Fag = pretty insulting word to someone who is gay. Basically the gay equivalent of the n-bomb. Classless, tactless word to throw around.

Screwing with the sexual identity of a toddler = Objectively messed up. I'm pretty sure most adoptive gay parents would have their kids torn from their homes if they were doing this.

Let a little boy have the gender role of a little boy. If he wants to dress in pink and look effeminate when he's old enough to understand what's going on, not a big deal. When he's a little kid who is under the control of his mother's whims--a big deal.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/30/20 8:25 a.m.

Do they also offer Canoe utility kilts?

E_NinjA
E_NinjA New Reader
12/30/20 9:58 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

I believe they do, but only at www.theutilitykilt.com/canoe

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/30/20 10:48 a.m.

And sunk. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/30/20 11:18 a.m.

I had forgotten this thread and how berking scary some of the responses in it are. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/20 11:57 a.m.
Duke said:

I had forgotten this thread and how berking scary some of the responses in it are. 

Consider that it reflects the ideas and opinions and senses of humor that some people may have had twelve years ago.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/30/20 12:21 p.m.

Some things haven't changed in 12 years. Some things shouldn't have been different 12 years ago. I stand by my statement. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/20 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I wasn't here when the original thread started but I read it from the beginning.  I had two thoughts.  First was wow the world has gotten better in how we look at others different than ourselves.  My second thought was I'm glad GRM was/is a place for others to point out when members got out of line.  

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
12/30/20 1:01 p.m.

My 40 year old Asian UPS delivery guy showed up with a  mohawk a couple months ago , 

He must have lost a bet !

Mine was down my back after high school .....

I  was thinking of a Bo Derek braid for my class reunion.......

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/30/20 1:09 p.m.

The Challenge would be a much better event if ALL the clown's child labor were to show up sporting mullets

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/20 1:21 p.m.

All canoes make me sad, but every once in a while one comes along that makes me very, very sad.

Rest in peace Tony, and thank you for your service.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/30/20 2:17 p.m.

...and Mike.

... Jensenman. Curmudgeon. 

Except I don't get sad when an old thread pops up with his name in it. It makes me smile.  Happy.  Fond memories. And I raise my glass to him one more time. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/30/20 5:50 p.m.

I get the Mike / JM / Curmudgeon reference, but who was Tony?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/20 5:56 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Wherethefmi2000

Mike showed me a HS picture a bunch of years ago. He was a hippie for sure. Still miss that crazy fool.

My hair has been short all my life. No mohawks, no rat tails, no mullets. Just short. I always found it to be an annoyance to be dealt with instead of a fashion statement.  

I've also never spent a dime on a haircut. My mom cut it until I was 20 and my wife since then. 

53 years. Same basic haircut. The beard is new for this year though. Makes wearing masks much more comfortable.

My kids were told no permanent colors until they were out of the house. No bizarre haircuts though lengths were pretty open. Mostly they wear theirs like I wear mine. Mostly they get my wife to cut it. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tn3cbGAYEsnLcSv0KNWU3LtTdCCmCMzE2QP9sdDmM4JeSKVVj0R34jAcoZnw96BE