I think my daughter won this year...

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 11:57 a.m.

Great minds...

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/25/20 11:57 a.m.

I got a nice RTIC cooler guaranteed to keep ice until the world ends. Also a ring door bell. 

I love this time of year because people buy parts from me with Christmas cash. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/25/20 11:58 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

That's a E36 M3ty Christmas present. I crack myself up. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
12/25/20 12:47 p.m.

The Mrs. hooked me us with some "Miata Swag" this year.  Earlier this year, my son asked to move his bedroom downstairs since he's basically working a second shift job and on a different schedule than the rest of the house.  At approximately the same time, I was told I needed to get ready to work more from home.  That will eventually likely include doing hearings by zoom.  My son's old room is working pretty well as an office, but the wall decor has a certain "just started middle school" vibe to it.  

The Old:

So the Mrs. hooked me us with some new artwork, because nothing says "I'm a total professional here" quite like various iterations of a car with a goofy grin on it's face:

Ahhhh, yes.  Much better.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 12:47 p.m.

My wife gave me a GRM hoodie.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/25/20 12:53 p.m.

Dana got an engagement ring. I got some pans and a raspberry pi. She definitely won this time. 

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/25/20 1:18 p.m.

I got:

8" and a 10" Allclad nonstick pans

A framed 914 blueprint copy.

From me:

a PortabandPro jig for Milwaukee, with attachments. Just need to buy the saw for it,

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/20 1:28 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Your daughter and my daughter must have collaborated. Situational ornaments are the thing this year wink

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/25/20 1:31 p.m.

I got a Keurig and all necessary hardware.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UberDork
12/25/20 1:36 p.m.

I said I wanted socks, which was met with some doubt and apprehension. When asked again, I confirmed, socks, and pointed out how threadbare my favorite Smartwools are.

I got 15, yes fifteen, pairs of Smartwools!

Also got a kick ass rifle scope, guess I need to get the Grendel slapped together now.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/25/20 3:17 p.m.

High school senior daughter got me a new wrangler Jean jacket like I wore in high school when Abraham Lincoln was in office.  

Bonus is the Datsun sew on patch for the sleeve that she tucked into the pocket.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/25/20 3:24 p.m.

My daughter is 6 years old. That's a big year for the magic of Christmas. We were up at 4:30am opening presents. This was a big comedy orchestrated by a eager kid and a noisy puppy who's only been here 2 days. 

At about 7am to 9am we all went back to bed/nap.  Big times. Big memories! 

My wife has always wanted an all black, female Scotty Dog and this year she found herself one. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/25/20 3:24 p.m.

I am at the stage of my life where new merino wool socks such as Icebreaker or Smartwool are truly the best present ever.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/25/20 3:32 p.m.

New socks and a brass hammer among other things. And my kid built me a new computer which seems to be quite capable of all the things. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/25/20 3:36 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

You’re winning, enjoy!  Bad news for your wife though, I think your daughter has called dibs on the puppy. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/25/20 3:36 p.m.

Got a new carbon MIPS helmet and gloves. 

A motorcycle temp gauge, and lots of underwear.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/25/20 3:40 p.m.

A new work coat to replace the one I lost, 80rds of 7.62 NATO, 2 rifle slings, and a book!

Her big gift was the graphics card already installed in the computer. 

The kids got spoiled. Hard. New bikes, legos, various toys, pjs, candy...

And I knocked it out of the park for my two youngest siblings. Sis (17) wants to learn bass so I gave her my spare along with the iRig and a cable. Little bro is a Star Wars freak and I gave him a very expensive piece of Disney merch I have no use for. And both gifts mean less clutter at home!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
12/25/20 3:41 p.m.

Merry Christmas, y'all! Santa was pretty good this year. Got a couple records, a couple Nintendo games, and a wall mount tire rack for the garage among the haul. Hope you are all doing well!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/25/20 3:42 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/25/20 3:57 p.m.

Wife got new boots to replace the ones the dog chewed up. Kids got all manner of funky socks, headphones, styluses (stylii?) and Barbie dolls. I got a Jerry Garcia neck tie, some new cast iron, and an HO Scale polar express locomotive. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/25/20 4:00 p.m.

I got everything I wanted.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/20 4:03 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Even though those years are a lot of work, its all worth it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/25/20 4:04 p.m.
11GTCS said:

In reply to John Welsh :

You’re winning, enjoy!  Bad news for your wife though, I think your daughter has called dibs on the puppy. 

New Sled so take your dog out for a little ride... 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/25/20 4:21 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

In reply to John Welsh :

Even though those years are a lot of work, its all worth it.

This x 10.  We had more fun whipping the kids into a froth on those early Christmas Eves.  My son (now in his 20’s) was about 3, I pulled the extension ladder off my van at about 7:00 on Christmas Eve and made a bit of a racket banging it around on the deck beside our kitchen door.  I was about halfway up the ladder, he’s hanging out the door in his PJ’s; “Daddy, WHAT are you DOING?!!!”   Dude, I’m just checking the landing lights on the roof....laugh

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9tXE7oxmcQyEL9Lpvousk7xeLN0AlHItiCHXTpEYlRfInRj40iwzuvgq8smjch3y