1 2 3
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/16 12:32 p.m.

I dont know if it has been discussed but as long as you are getting a good name brand you will generally be ok. BUT look at the amps of the motors. Most of the good brands will have two saws that are virtually identical visually but have a different amp rating on the motor. I always go with the higher amp rated saws as it is like getting a motor with more torque. I also suspect that they have better bearings in the motors as well although I have no proof of this.

I like Mikita tools in general. I have had my Makita saw for 10 plus years and it has seen some pretty hard use and it is still "like new"

Regarding the worm drive saw's I have used them and like them better for all the reasons people have noted above but for most things my direct drive Makita is all I need. If I am ripping 4x6's or multiple sheets of plywood I pull out the worm drive Makita.

Hirood1997
Hirood1997 New Reader
9/30/16 6:24 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Seeing as this thread is over 2 years old, I'm betting canoe. No links posted yet, so no ban, but I'm keeping an eye on Hirood1997

Why are you keeping an eye on me?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/30/16 7:07 a.m.

In reply to Hirood1997:

because we get a lot of spammers on this forum. they typically resurrect really old threads of non-tech. were kind of paranoid about it, really. not to be unfriendly or unwelcoming, but to keep the boards signal to noise ratio as high as it is. this is a community of very knowledgeable people that will freely share the knowledge. usually if someone don't know the correct answer, they wont post. unlike other forums, where you get a lot of opinions.

so, if you're asking the question, you're probably not going to be trying to sell us Asian brides, cheap zipties, fake passports, or anything else the spammers flood the boards with.

welcome to the forum. its the bet place on the internet. don't take the comment that eastcoast said personally. please.

jump on in with both feet!!!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DTEJnfVA4A1ewzpejUcqxa151OPOZGiXiBbzvF1e2sGnNPZNFpAvfl9A148jrzb4