1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
5/30/20 6:16 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

I have no idea where the demonstrators in MN are from, but "outside agitators" have been blamed for this sort of stuff since at least the 60's.  

BTW- Demostrations are now occuring in Raleigh. Hopefully they will remain just demostrations.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/30/20 6:47 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/30/20 7:04 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

So if it's found asphyxiation is not the cause of death, then what?

That is the same logic as saying, speed wasn't a contributing factor in the fatal accident, it was the stop. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
5/30/20 7:20 p.m.

I have been at the shop all day  , but it seems that things are getting worse in the LA area , there is a curfew in Downtown LA  , Beverly Hills , West Hollywood and probably more , 

Where I am is 15 miles away  and nothing that I can see , 

There seems to be a few groups out there just trying to make trouble , hiding behind the original protest to do damage and loot , 

stay safe , stay home and keep your head down !

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/30/20 8:05 p.m.

Now they're rioting in Miami. I bet Orlando is next. I get the feeling I should be putting together a bug out bag and have a full tank in the jeep. I do not like this. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
5/30/20 8:12 p.m.

LAPD firing rubber bullets  at "protesters"

its going to be a long night

UPDATE : entire city of LA under 8pm curfew

rioters flattening all the tires on police cars,.......ADDED:  maybe we need to think about run flat tires on Police spec cars , or the inner "tubes" some of the race cars use.....

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/20 8:37 p.m.

Curfew in Denver for the next 2 nights. I spent all day in the mountains and I wish I just stayed there overnight. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/30/20 8:40 p.m.

The crowd in Minneapolis left the precinct station by my house and started walking downtown, but the police are now firing tear gas at them about six blocks north of me.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
5/30/20 8:47 p.m.

Various journalists and reporters have been fired at over the past few days; one took a rubber bullet to the eye and now she'll never see out of that eye again. Police allegedly fired tear gas on people who were doing nothing but protesting peacefully in Columbus. I know everyone hates the looting and the fires, but police sometimes escalate the situations unnecessarily.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/30/20 9:04 p.m.

The 8pm curfew has been talked about continuously all day, so anyone out there now shouldn't be surprised that the police are dispersing the crowd.  After the millions of dollars of damage they did to my neighborhood last night, I'm not feeling too sympathetic to them.

The sad thing is the vast majority of businesses that have been damaged or completely destroyed are minority owned.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
5/30/20 9:16 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

The sad thing is the vast majority of businesses that have been damaged or completely destroyed are minority owned.

Today in LA they are after Beverly Hills , West LA etc , this was by design , set up on social media by ' Protesters"

UPDATE:  LA mayor asks for California National guard .....

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/30/20 9:22 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:
stuart in mn said:

Today in LA they are after Beverly Hills , West LA etc , this was by design , set up on social media by ' Protesters"

Conspiracy theory thought I just had: I wonder if the Russians or Chinese, or some bot of some sort is behind the Social Media design here.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
5/30/20 9:25 p.m.

No matter what the police do, there will be criticism. Act soon and be blamed for escalating the situation. Act late and be blamed for letting the situation escalate. Police in our city chose the "act soon" path and as a result nearly no property was destroyed, and no lives were lost.

We'll see if they can pull it off again tonight. I live on the busiest street further out of town and yesterday there were several police cars heading toward the city center. Tonight I haven't heard any yet, so I assume not as much is going on down there.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/20 9:35 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Now they're rioting in Miami. I bet Orlando is next. I get the feeling I should be putting together a bug out bag and have a full tank in the jeep. I do not like this. 

I have a couple friends still at USF here in Tampa.  Apparently they got told that they need to stay inside cause there were shots fired "due to civil unrest"

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/30/20 9:38 p.m.

Seems like things are calming down and the crowds are dispersing, but the night is still young.

former520
former520 HalfDork
5/30/20 9:48 p.m.

So what do we think it will take to settle this down quickly?  Do you think a public hanging would make them happy and stop or would they just keep going?  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/20 9:49 p.m.

Oh hell, there is a gas station on fire at 30th and Busch and people are gathering at University Mall

Who knew that having 1/3 of adults being unemployed due to a virus would lead to civil unrest.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
5/30/20 10:02 p.m.

Ali Velshi in Minneapolis: "This was a 100% peaceful march and the police opened fire into it. There was no reason to do so, there was zero provocation."

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1266911155563294722

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1266913484408832001

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/30/20 10:09 p.m.

In reply to former520 :

Depends upon who's being hung...

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/20 10:16 p.m.

Polis just called in the Guard here in Denver too. Choppers have been over head for the last 2 hours. There is a weird energy in the air. Our local sport bike community is using the road right here as their personal racetrack again. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/30/20 10:22 p.m.
slowbird said:

Ali Velshi in Minneapolis: "This was a 100% peaceful march and the police opened fire into it. There was no reason to do so, there was zero provocation."

He ignored the fact they were out after the curfew, and there had been hours and hours of media coverage today announcing what would happen if people were out after the curfew.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
5/30/20 10:51 p.m.

They didn't tear gas people who flouted the COVID stay-at-home orders. They didn't shoot rubber bullets at the white people with assault rifles who blocked the streets of Michigan.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/30/20 10:56 p.m.

You're comparing apples and oranges, and I'm not going to try to debate the issue.

former520
former520 HalfDork
5/30/20 11:26 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

We are the most militarized country in the world. I believe the correct response would be 'Kill them all and let god sort them out', starting with the bad cops.

former520
former520 HalfDork
5/30/20 11:33 p.m.

My family comes from Dupont across from Lakewood Cemetery.  I lived in that area for a long time.  It is sad to see placed I loved burned up.  Stay safe.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oc9Dhi3KnsK7re39RdXgJmU1FYTynqxGqaMEGig3tpGa7C1phH375Suc30pWxD6h