1 ... 5 6 7
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/20 12:11 p.m.
Javelin said:

Model kits, Warhammer figures, paint, glue, and Hot Wheels apparently.

I almost finished one of my miniatures, so I panicked and bought three used armies of them.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/20 12:18 p.m.
wawazat said:
lotusseven7 said:

I certainly don't need any more guns, but while picking up some clay pigeons and shells today, there just happened to be a used KelTec PMR30 in the showcase. I guess for $300 I was wrong and I did in fact need another gun. Who knew!

I've been looking at these for a little while now.  Go nicely with my Magnum Reseach 22 Magnum rifle that I recently picked up.   What are your thoughts on the KelTec?

Kel tec is good....as long as you don't get a early model.

They are a tiny company and are notorious for not having enough of the new thing they are selling and making the people that buy the early ones reluctant beta testers

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/22/20 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I bought an SU 16 new that the receiver broke in half in my then 11 year old son's hands while firing.  I keep a very close eye on him and stopped him from shooting again so no injuries.  I still have a P3AT thats as reliable as death and taxes but wont be trying any other guns from them.

They replaced it, but when asked how i know it wont happen again they said "we checked it better"

Yes, they still make them the same way, same materials, same design, thanks but nah.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/20 12:50 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

In reply to Antihero :

I bought an SU 16 new that the receiver broke in half in my then 11 year old son's hands while firing.  I keep a very close eye on him and stopped him from shooting again so no injuries.  I still have a P3AT thats as reliable as death and taxes but wont be trying any other guns from them.

They replaced it, but when asked how i know it wont happen again they said "we checked it better"

Yes, they still make them the same way, same materials, same design, thanks but nah.

I got my mom a pmr30 for a defence gun because she hated recoil. I literally had the only one in the state for months. As I was walking out someone offered me $1100 for it. In another situation I might have accepted, but not then. It's.....mostly reliable. They offer a free barrel upgrade to make it more so but I haven't done it yet.

Also have a p3at I basically got for free and it's very reliable as long as you don't limp wrist it.  It's about as comfortable as shooting an exploding credit card with hot loads too lol

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/22/20 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I agree the .380 isnt fun, but i can take it places where i may need it even if im not supposed to have it.  I would never post online that i may or may not have a gun at work where we have a zero tolerance policy

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/22/20 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

I single stack 380 (and some single stack 9mms) can pretty much disappear. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/20 12:47 a.m.
Javelin said:
Javelin said:

Model kits, Warhammer figures, paint, glue, and Hot Wheels apparently.

I almost finished one of my miniatures, so I panicked and bought three used armies of them.

Based on this post, I'm betting Javelin couldn't enter his Warhammer collection in the $2000 Challenge

I'm not criticizing, mind you. I probably couldn't enter my fishing gear in the $2000 Challenge, either.

Javelin
3/23/20 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Retail oh hell no, but that's why I don't pay retail! I paid $800 for that collection and so far I've sold 5 units on eBay for $110. I'm going to make a killing on profit on that buy and still have hundreds leftover for my own hoard.

(My stash of new stuff, since about doubled...)

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
3/23/20 4:33 p.m.

Javelin-Since you mentioned Hot Wheels, where does the redline Mustang refurb stand?

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
3/23/20 4:34 p.m.

frown  thanks for the PMR30 feedback guys.

Javelin
3/23/20 4:38 p.m.
wawazat said:

Javelin-Since you mentioned Hot Wheels, where does the redline Mustang refurb stand?

If I'm honest, on the bottom of a very large pile of unfinished projects on my bench most likely. frown

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
3/23/20 4:49 p.m.

No worries just wondering. 

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/23/20 4:55 p.m.

Guilty. But I got a good deal... 

But for berkeley's sake, is there a way to edit the image size?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
3/23/20 7:50 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo :

I've got 4x stripped and 1x 80% in the safe, and I've thought about trying to make some money on them, but I don't want to be that guy.

Did you have any issues with NICS (assuming they weren't PP)?  Had some friends on FB claiming it was shut down, but they're typically "the sky is falling," loud mouths so it's hard to take them serious.  I know there's a significat increase in volume, and a lot of delays.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
3/23/20 9:00 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo :

Before you upload is the only way I have found to get them the right size. I've gotten good at open in paint, resize using pixels, save, close.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/24/20 12:07 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

In reply to N Sperlo :

Did you have any issues with NICS (assuming they weren't PP)?  Had some friends on FB claiming it was shut down, but they're typically "the sky is falling," loud mouths so it's hard to take them serious.  I know there's a significat increase in volume, and a lot of delays.

No issues at all with NICS. Super fast as it usually is for me. The store, on the other hand, was slammed.

Bent-Valve said:

In reply to N Sperlo :

Before you upload is the only way I have found to get them the right size. I've gotten good at open in paint, resize using pixels, save, close.

Yea, I had figured. Back when it was 100% html, it was nice and easy, although uploading, as we both know, wasn't an option then. Win some lose some.

swintyulna
swintyulna New Reader
3/24/20 12:24 p.m.

We just bought groceries good for 2 weeks. But the supermarkets here in our area remains open and told us no need to panic buying because they got lots of supply to offer.

slowride
slowride Dork
3/24/20 1:55 p.m.

I got a 44oz Utz Pub Mix jug from Amazon yesterday. It's currently in the garage quarantine.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5h2v1d6zCHIRjkSFrWTv0WzMG6JsVqAZ0wkCbpkS6J3FPuzWdLQRcPQy18Fht4HV