1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/14 7:26 p.m.

Annnnndddd...."Showdown with a Tiger"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csv1wXOr5tY

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/20/14 9:53 a.m.

Yea, I've had family members like that, and some who want 4x from you than what they sell it to someone else for, and some that are worthless and just let E36 M3 sit and rust.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
8/28/14 11:09 a.m.

Update: Finally got a reply.

I’m finding I have less and less time these days and letting it go may not be out of the realm of possibility. I need some time to discuss a few things with my family and future plans around the GMC truck. I’ll let you know as soon as I can.

We shall see....

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/28/14 11:11 a.m.

Good start!

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
8/28/14 1:25 p.m.

once you get there, it usually does not take long.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/30/15 2:28 p.m.

Bumping for good news:

It has been retrieved on a dark and rainy day. But, it's in my garage and I need to check my tetanus shot records soon

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/30/15 2:30 p.m.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
5/30/15 2:48 p.m.

Score!!! Congrats.

carzan
carzan Dork
5/30/15 2:59 p.m.

Oh, thank goodness! That IS sweet!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/30/15 3:01 p.m.

Wheeee!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
5/30/15 3:04 p.m.

It took some time but good news at last!!

Can we ask what it took to get it into your possesion?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
5/30/15 3:06 p.m.

Build thread!
Very cool. My father in law has a 48 Chevrolet truck that he bought from my dad. Right now I'm not first in line to get it, and that's a bummer, but it is what it is. You and your sons enjoy it!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/30/15 3:24 p.m.

How I got it? Cousin admitted he probably wouldn't have time to work on it or store it. The estate is being sold quite soon (Anyone want a cool old farmhouse with giant barn near Ludington, mi)

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
5/30/15 3:31 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: How I got it? Cousin admitted he probably wouldn't have time to work on it or store it. The estate is being sold quite soon (Anyone want a cool old farmhouse with giant barn near Ludington, mi)

No, not really in need of a farmhouse, but if you are honest with yourself you probably don't have the time and funds to put into doing justice to the ratty old truck, so maybe I could bail you out?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/15 5:22 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: How I got it? Cousin admitted he probably wouldn't have time to work on it or store it. The estate is being sold quite soon (Anyone want a cool old farmhouse with giant barn near Ludington, mi)

my FIL might... he's on his way up to his farm right now in branch, 20 mins from ludington

if you live up there i can come by in july, we're coming up for the 4th. i'd love to meet the truck.

i might even have some leftover stuff from selling my 40 and 42 chevys

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/30/15 6:34 p.m.

Patgizz, you have a PM

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/15 8:40 p.m.
Woody wrote: That's one of those movies that, when I'm channel surfing and stumble upon it, I put the remote down and watch it until it's over.

I have a copy i haven't gotten around to returning to Blockbuster yet.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
6/3/15 10:13 a.m.

So glad to hear was sleepless overthis

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
6/3/15 11:15 a.m.
NOHOME wrote:
No, not really in need of a farmhouse, but if you are honest with yourself you probably don't have the time and funds to put into doing justice to the ratty old truck, so maybe I could bail you out?

don't you have a Volvo to finish... or is it a Miata???

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
6/3/15 12:06 p.m.

Very cool old Truck! Look forward to see what you do with it

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
6/3/15 12:21 p.m.

Just going to place this here: Grtechguy VS the 46 EC152

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/15 8:27 p.m.

Man, that is absolutely awesome! I'll be watching the build with interest