1 2 3 ... 49
68TR250
68TR250 Reader
12/3/20 5:11 p.m.

What is the hives thoughts - I have been offered the vaccine due to what I am involved in doing. 

Thinking about taking them up on the offer but really have not heard much real world results.  All I've heard about it is from a doctor friend that I should plan on taking the next day because I'll feel really bad.

Thoughts?

Toymanswife
Toymanswife Reader
12/3/20 5:14 p.m.

I have also heard that the next day is very bad. The day after the second shot is supposed to be even worse. I have mixed feelings about this shot. We have no way to know long term repercussions. What is really weird is that the last ten positives at my dads nursing home have no symptoms. So how many of us have gotten this and don't even know it? 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/20 5:15 p.m.

My wife is an MD and she said our whole family should get. 

She thinks the trials prove its not dangerous. 

Yes, I'm skeptical, but she wants our children to have it and she is a real mama bear about them.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/3/20 5:20 p.m.

You first

I'll wait and see

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 5:22 p.m.

I'm getting it

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
12/3/20 5:30 p.m.

I'm getting it too, but we'll be much later in 2021 due to supply and where we will be on the priority list. I'd be surprised if I'm able to get the shot before fall of '21. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 5:36 p.m.

I'll get one as soon as I can, all indications are that the vaccines are safe and that COVID19 can be quite dangerous. This is a disease that can still maim you if it doesn't kill you.

I expect "as soon as I can" will be around fall 2021.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/3/20 5:37 p.m.

I’m absolutely going to get it as soon as I’m allowed to.  The rest of the family is up for it as well. 

Hell yes I will and I'd hope most people will. I'm really looking forward to going out to restaurants, seeing my parents, having the party part of my wedding, seeing the mass die-off of small businesses end, etc.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 5:41 p.m.

I’m getting that motherberkeleyer as soon as it’s offered to me. I work with Covid patients every day. 

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/3/20 5:45 p.m.

Berkeley YES.  Science is real - all the cool kids are doing it. 

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/3/20 5:46 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I’m getting that motherberkeleyer as soon as it’s offered to me. I work with Covid patients every day. 

Hell yeah, I'll get an approved vaccine essentially as soon as they'll let me have it.

While it is true that we don't know if there are any long term consequences (other than increased immune system response to certain coronaviruses), the odds are pretty far against it.  Like you're more likely to get run over by a beer truck driving to the grocery store than get a long term consequence of any significance.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/3/20 5:51 p.m.

I am getting it as well. 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/3/20 6:01 p.m.

Most likely not.   We all had covid a few weeks back and recovered (all super mild symptoms).      

I'm going with we have the anti-bodies for a few months now.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
12/3/20 6:02 p.m.

I will get the vaccine as soon as they tell me I can.    

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/3/20 6:04 p.m.

Hell yeah.  The trail outcomes seem to be very good.

I have to say, and based on the fact you even ask, am a bit worried there will be a lot not getting it (or not getting the second shot for those vaccines which require it).  Which is fine from the perspective if they want to risk getting the virus and it's effects, but if the vaccines immunity is shorter (indication I have seen is that it is predicted to be pretty long term), there is a potential for immunity to wear off and we start all over again, having to inoculate the entire planet again...

I am also very curious (I am sure they know) if a persons reaction to it mirrors what their reaction would be to the actual virus (stimulating the same receptors).  So, some will have a heavy reaction and would have been in big trouble getting the virus, while others will have no noticeable effect.  Don't know.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/3/20 6:09 p.m.

Well if I say no I'm a science denier. If I say yes I'm being rash. 

I have no desire for it until we see sone long term results. I don't trust anything rushed through be it laws, vaccines, economics. The short term may be fine it's the long term I'd be more worried about. 

but i apparently think it's all fake and deny science among other terrible things so ymmv

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/3/20 6:11 p.m.
Toymanswife said:

I have also heard that the next day is very bad. The day after the second shot is supposed to be even worse. I have mixed feelings about this shot. We have no way to know long term repercussions. What is really weird is that the last ten positives at my dads nursing home have no symptoms. So how many of us have gotten this and don't even know it? 

I'm guessing a lot.    My only symptom was the loss of smell for a couple of days.   A symptom I wouldn't have even noticed if my wife hadn't said she couldn't smell first.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
12/3/20 6:12 p.m.

Work with the public, so I suspect it'll be mandated.  If not, I'll probably wait a minute. 

Uncle David (Forum Supporter)
Uncle David (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/3/20 6:12 p.m.

Another "Hell, yes" here!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 6:16 p.m.

Getting it as soon as I can.  My biggest worry is Lil Stampie would be a lower level than me.  Hoping it's offered on the family level.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
12/3/20 6:26 p.m.

I opened this thread mostly because I wanted to be absolutely sure there wasn't a way for me to get it today. So yeah, I'll get it whenever they let me. I'd even share a shot with Stampie if that's what it took. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 6:33 p.m.

I'm in 1b on ohio's priority list due to existing conditions, but honestly would rather be farther down the list to see what happens to everyone else first and I'm perfectly happy not going anywhere.  I do have to go back to work in may and assume the lady will not let us in her home unless we have had it.  I wouldn't blame her, but i really don't want to be a guinea pig for the fastest vaccine developed ever that's rammed through the fda under emergency protocols.  

Yes.  I will take it as soon as I can.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
12/3/20 6:35 p.m.

Depends on where it's made.

USA, Europe, Canada? Yes but not until a few others have it in their system for a while.

China? Hell no.

1 2 3 ... 49

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
KDRXocDZawNigUwlqBUPtEyUT45hTCIG3ZJFx1G5zZjCDVmEs9aOa9GedbBa08xN