1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49
Caraban
Caraban New Reader
1/9/21 5:31 a.m.

My sister who is working as a nurse in a retirement home was scheduled to get her vaccine too. I'm praying that the results for her would be the same as everyone here that got the vaccine. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/9/21 8:29 a.m.
OHSCrifle said:

My wife got a weird 2"x4" rash and some arm swelling around the (moderna) injection site on day number NINE. Nothing else prior and it is mostly back to normal on day eleven. She had a busy week treating COVID patients including one with explosive diarrhea. Thankfully they have enough PPE now. I'm really ready for this E36 M3 to be gone... but numbers are rising dramatically. berkeley. 

Snowdoggie: did your momma get her vaccine today?

Yes, as did everybody else in her facility including the workers. I am relieved. 

Thanks.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/9/21 8:31 a.m.

Got my second injection yesterday.   Perfectly fine.

Now I want to stop wearing the mask and just walk around flashing a "V" at people.

FREEDOM!!!! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/9/21 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Glad to hear that!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 4:18 p.m.

I'm glad that part of your worries have been taken care of and hope it helps relieve some of your worries.

If I can ask without this getting too political/off track I could use some opinions.  Our governor has announced that starting Monday Transit workers are among those eligible to be vaccinated.  While I want to get it and would like it sooner than later I kind of feel that as long as it's still in short supply I should hold off. I've already had it and I'd prefer not to take a dose away from someone more vulnerable or from a coworker with more public contact.  Am I wrong? 

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
1/9/21 4:44 p.m.

I don't know how they plan to inoculate at your work place, but I recommend you get it, as it will probably make scheduling easier for the team doing the work. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/9/21 5:02 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm glad that part of your worries have been taken care of and hope it helps relieve some of your worries.

If I can ask without this getting too political/off track I could use some opinions.  Our governor has announced that starting Monday Transit workers are among those eligible to be vaccinated.  While I want to get it and would like it sooner than later I kind of feel that as long as it's still in short supply I should hold off. I've already had it and I'd prefer not to take a dose away from someone more vulnerable or from a coworker with more public contact.  Am I wrong? 

I think transit workers should get it asap. They are exposed to dozens if not more people every day. Also supermarket workers, restaurant and retail workers. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
1/9/21 5:33 p.m.

While I totally get where you are coming from, I would go for the vaccine in your position, due to your contact with the public.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/9/21 6:10 p.m.

In reply to eastpark :

They aren't going to do it here, we should be able to show our ID at a center and get in.

Being management my exposure to the public is far less than a driver or conductor so I spent the day trying to get all them to call their doctors or hit up a center Monday morning. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Your job exposes you to coworkers who are at risk of very high exposure rates. If you wish to be vaccinated, you should get the vaccination at the first possible opportunity. 

If you pass up the opportunity to receive the vaccination when it is initially offered to you, you run the risk of falling to the end of the line. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/9/21 9:21 p.m.

I would get it. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/10/21 7:44 a.m.

Daughter in law just got permission to get one.  She has a weakened immune system, lupus, works with little kids all day (a shrink) and is pregnant.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/10/21 9:25 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

...I've already had it and I'd prefer not to take a dose away from someone more vulnerable or from a coworker with more public contact.  Am I wrong? 

Remember also that there is some indication that having it may not protect you from getting one of the new strains, which are quickly making their way around.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/21 11:08 a.m.

If you have no trepidation about the vaccine itself, Wally, I would go ahead and get what’s being offered. New strains, unknown future availability, etc. They also say the vaccine containers hold more than they are supposed to hold so that helps with the concern about taking one from somebody else in need... 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/10/21 11:55 a.m.

Wally I'd get it.  It's not selfish. The more we are vaccinated the more this becomes an after thought.  Also as a leader of people you should get it and demonstrate to you folks to not be afraid.  #leaderhsipmatters 

I just went on the State's Vaccination web page (I'm in TN). Due to High Blood pressure and Obesity, I'm grouped in with the 65-75 year old group (I'm just shy of 50). Their cut off for BMI is greater than or equal to 30. I am at 30.4.

I kind of don't agree. I think there are plenty of people more at risk than me, but I will, of course, do whatever they say whenever they say. As I've said before, I'd hate to be in charge of triage in this berked up situation.  I'm just glad we are starting the process.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/21 1:44 p.m.

I may be able to get it in group 1c:

• Depending on what time of day you weigh me, I may or may not be Obese according to BMI
  • I have high blood pressure
  • The big one - I'm under the "finance" umbrella. I even have a pdf starting I'm essential in case I got pulled over - that may have been a Florida thing, where my company has it's HQ, but I got it in any case. I haven't used it. 

That being said, I am young, healthy despite my blood pressure, am probably not obese despite my BMI (although I am close), and I work from home and will likely continue to do so. 

Despite the above, I'm still getting the vaccine as soon as I can. Are there people who should get it before me? Yes, I'm sure there are. But I'm not making the rules, and I fear that putting in different rules of my own will just make this go slower and make it more of a logistical nightmare than it already is.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/10/21 8:44 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

The discussion on if the vaccine will or will not fix everything aside, if it's available, and you want it, it should be your right to make that decision, and get it. If the rule says your up, I don't see any ethical problem. We might not all agree with the rules, but the difference will be minor, in the long run. 

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/11/21 5:39 a.m.

We need some percentage of the population to be vaccinated.  The faster this happens; the better. If the opportunity arises, I would take it with no guilt. You aren't just protecting yourself. You are protecting others that come into contact with you.

In reply to tester (Forum Supporter) :

Have they determined that it will stop the transmission now? Last I heard the CDC said it reduced symptoms but they had no evidence that it would stop a person from getting it or transmitting it. 

wae
wae UberDork
1/11/21 7:42 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

We were talking about that a couple pages back.  TL;DR is that news writers bungle the nuance of science and the real issue is that while they don't see why it wouldn't prevent transmission they do not yet have data from a completed and replicated experiment that proves or disproves that hypothesis.

I got caught up in that originally, too.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/11/21 8:51 a.m.
wae said:

We were talking about that a couple pages back.  TL;DR is that news writers bungle the nuance of science and the real issue is that while they don't see why it wouldn't prevent transmission they do not yet have data from a completed and replicated experiment that proves or disproves that hypothesis.

I read on that some as well. As you mentioned, there has not been enough time to know either way. A guess in either direction, is to early to say definitively.

That's why I feel that anyone that wants it, should get it as soon as it is made available to them. We need the information !

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/11/21 9:14 a.m.
03Panther said:
wae said:

I read on that some as well. As you mentioned, there has not been enough time to know either way. A guess in either direction, is to early to say definitively.

That's why I feel that anyone that wants it, should get it as soon as it is made available to them. We need the information !

so that's a definitely maybe sorta maybe not.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/11/21 10:28 a.m.

It seems to have been a hypothetical question as the delivery system stil has some bugs to be worked out. I called the county this morning like the email said and I think I heard the phone system catch fire. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/11/21 10:44 a.m.

PA has a plan posted on the state website, although with no dates attached to the various "phases".  They are currently in Phase 1A, then 1B, 1C and finally 2.

Looking at the criteria, I'm in the Phase 2 group, maybe Phase 1C since I'm somewhat in the construction industry, although I'm not sure that'll matter much as I'm guessing by that point it'll all blur together.  If I get started by July, I'll be happy. Any date earlier will be a bonus. 

According to the "dashboard" on the website, less than a quarter million have the first dose, under 20K have the full dose.  Long way to go... Strangely, the highest concentration in the Pittsburgh area. 

1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
xoJO3iNZJcEZ6WwQSr8DulvbHoEFiKEKCgmCqiytPWEasaJ7WGmZ14rhsnmvRhgr