1 2
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/8/15 12:29 p.m.

If this was my dream "new car" you bet your sweet butt I'd pay the money.

I'd hold on to that car for a looooooong time too. "Look, it's my dream car and I built the engine!"

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/8/15 1:01 p.m.

When I saw the title I thought it was a "Buy this engineless corvette and install your own built engine at a discount" Now I am disappointed that wasn't the case. I am however glad that a program like this exists, it would be really cool to be able to do it.

I'd still rather see an engineless chassis at a discount program though......the world needs many 20b rotary z06's to make up for the lsx swapped FD's.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/8/15 1:17 p.m.

Heck yes I would do it! Props to GM for making it an option!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/8/15 1:17 p.m.
Pat wrote: I'd do it, no question. As for cost, it sounds like some of you assume that you're doing GM's job by doing some of the assembly. There is no question to me that it's more time and more difficult for GM works to have to hold someones hand as they work machines they've never even seen before. If I ran GM, I'd charge for it too to make up for the fact that Joe Corvette Owner is slowing down my build team processes.

^^^^ This.

Pretty cool IMO. There's probably all sorts of insurance and other things. You're not going to see many companies do this.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
1/8/15 3:36 p.m.

Absolutely. Order a Corvette the way I want, build the motor, follow it down the line. My poor grand kids would dread Christmas where I'd not only tell them the story, but show them the slideshow, again.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/15 5:17 p.m.

The wobbly desk I'm typing on says absolutely not.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Reader
1/8/15 5:53 p.m.

No, because I will probably never buy a new car in my lifetime. I'd much rather have a C5 Z06 with a supercharger kit and rivals than a new stingray, simply because a supercharged C5 Z06 is cheaper, and better.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GlmATzXyZ6n5cBz1TTMbuWKpKG73F9Hvm8qXDDFIz66ptOw909CMrNoBjSBZ04lv