MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/14/18 8:20 a.m.

Any good recommendations? We just finished the exorcist (only 2 seasons... Ugh) and we are starting ahs Roanoke. I had kind of gotten away from ahs because it got less creepy after a few seasons, but Roanoke seems ok so far. Any other recommendations?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/14/18 9:06 a.m.

I have not watched but how about American Horror Story which is/was and FX Channel show that has more than 6 seasons since 2011.

OOops.  Edit.  I see that the ahs you referenced is American Horror Story.  As stated, I have never watched and am not "in the know."  

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
2/14/18 9:12 a.m.

Black Mirror.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/18 9:18 a.m.

Roanoke was done big brother reality show style. I think reality shows are the third stupidest thing ever invented, so even as an AHS fan it was hard to finish. 

Amazon Prime has an absolutely staggering collection of horror, cheesy, B grade, C grade, 60s to modern movies and TV shows available, I can't really run off titles, I just pick whatever looks best at the time. 

Orphan Black was pretty good, if I remember correctly.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
2/14/18 9:36 a.m.
red_stapler said:

Black Mirror.

Seconded. Black Mirror is not only creepy it's plausible which makes the stories kind of uncomfortable. The one with the Prime Mister and the pig really nailed it.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/14/18 9:38 a.m.

We watched the first season of Black mirror when it first came out. Brilliant show. Also watched electric dream scapes (I think it's called that?) It's basically a slightly less messed up black mirror. And it's on prime. 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/14/18 10:30 a.m.

Not necessarily creepy but cool, technical and plausible is Orphan Black.  It's a BBC award winner that has multiple seasons available on Amazon.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/14/18 10:49 a.m.

Can you get Lenard Nimoy's In Search Of... on Netflix? 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/14/18 11:45 a.m.

The creepiest is always reality

http://www.thejinxhbo.com/

I think it's on netflix.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
2/14/18 12:19 p.m.
The0retical said:
red_stapler said:

Black Mirror.

The one with the Prime Mister and the pig really nailed it.

I see what you did there.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
2/14/18 12:55 p.m.

I’m in the middle of watching From Dusk til Dawn: The Series on Netflix, but it leans a bit more action than creepy.  Still not all bad.

Penny Dreadful is pretty good.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/16/18 1:00 p.m.

I've watched the following complete series multiple times:

Orphan Black
Dark Matter (more sci-fi, less thriller)
Black Mirror (modern day twilight zone)
Carnivale (amazing dust-bowl period piece about supernatural things)
The new Battlestar Galactica.  (really gritty reboot)

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/16/18 1:11 p.m.

In reply to Curtis :

carnivale is good, i've caught a few episodes of that. its definitely on the list after we finish a few more seasons of AHS

Dave
Dave Reader
2/16/18 2:20 p.m.
84FSP said:

Not necessarily creepy but cool, technical and plausible is Orphan Black.  It's a BBC award winner that has multiple seasons available on Amazon.

Fantastic show. The lead actress is nothing short of amazing in this.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
2/16/18 7:59 p.m.

On Netflix check out a German series called Dark. IMHO it crushes Stranger Things like a grape. 

You can turn on an English audio track but the voiceover actors are pretty bad. If you can handle subtitles, that’s the way to go. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/16/18 8:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:

No, but if you could I'd watch the E36 M3 out of it.  I loved that show as a kid.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/16/18 9:29 p.m.
red_stapler said:

Black Mirror.

/ thread

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
2/16/18 11:10 p.m.

I really engine the old tv series "Dead Like Me."  Likely on Netflix or somewhere.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
2/17/18 4:35 a.m.

wife and i just started watching "The Red Road". Its a cross between a Red locals vs. white cops thriller, with a little drug king pin action, and some paranormal and mental illness thrown in. 

i like it.

-J0N

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
2/17/18 1:42 p.m.
Appleseed said:

The episodes on Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster scared the tar outta me watching this as a kid.

Carbon
Carbon SuperDork
2/17/18 5:49 p.m.
SkinnyG said:

I really engine the old tv series "Dead Like Me."  Likely on Netflix or somewhere.

Fantastic show. Highly recommend. Dont know if I'd call it creepy, more soulful and moving. It's a great use of fiction to explore something we all must face sooner or later. 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
2/17/18 5:54 p.m.
SkinnyG said:

EDIT: "Enjoy."  I really enjoy.  Not "Engine." Must be some vehicular Freudian slip there....

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/17/18 6:27 p.m.

AHS, Black Mirror, Dark... everything I've watched lately I'd consider "creepy".

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j7xJgCXtxpWzqw4S8neTiaSS6U7uSYJjgTOFE2u6FFRajXFZgEuN7y2BFXC1C0RC