N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
1/27/11 9:54 a.m.

School bus driver given probation for driving a bus full of kids with a BAC over .20. Am I alone in thinking Chicagos judges need to grow some balls and lock her up?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/27/11 9:55 a.m.

isnt that DUI? Shouldnt she be locked up anyway?

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
1/27/11 10:22 a.m.

Wait for the parents to step up. Well, I hope they will step up.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
1/27/11 10:23 a.m.

Lock her up? She should be dismembered and clubbed to death with her limbs!

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
1/27/11 10:40 a.m.

Before lighting the pitchforks, was she an unsafe driver? Ever have any accidents? .20 BAC does not automatically mean she was a raging out-of-control drunk driver, especially if she was an alchoholic.

Do I think she should lose her job? Absolutely. But let's get more info than "kids + alchohol in her system" before crucifying the lady.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
1/27/11 10:49 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Before lighting the pitchforks, was she an unsafe driver? Ever have any accidents? .20 BAC does not automatically mean she was a raging out-of-control drunk driver, especially if she was an alchoholic. Do I think she should lose her job? Absolutely. But let's get more info than "kids + alchohol in her system" before crucifying the lady.

Details, details. She's a witch!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
1/27/11 10:54 a.m.

lets see if she floats.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
1/27/11 10:59 a.m.

Seriously,.20 BAC is extremely high, to the point that walking and talking will be badly affected. Driving? Impossible. She really should never drive any kind of vehicle again.

nocarwannaberacer
nocarwannaberacer New Reader
1/27/11 11:08 a.m.

Uh, some jobs don't give you the luxury of "just a nip", driving a bunch of kids is one of those. If she crashed everyone and their and dog would have been all over the school yelling and screaming.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
1/27/11 11:09 a.m.

.02 might be a shot of nyquil. .226 is majorly liquored up. Pitchforks and torches for her.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
1/27/11 11:10 a.m.
cwh wrote: Seriously,.20 BAC is extremely high, to the point that walking and talking will be badly affected. Driving? Impossible. She really should never drive any kind of vehicle again.

Sure, for a normal person.

But for an alcholic? My ex-aunt-in-law is a nurse, she had a guy that got brought in by the local fuzz with a .53 BAC that was still walking around and able to converse. Most people would be unconscious at that level, if not dead.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
1/27/11 11:12 a.m.
nocarwannaberacer wrote: Uh, some jobs don't give you the luxury of "just a nip", driving a bunch of kids is one of those. If she crashed everyone and their and dog would have been all over the school yelling and screaming.

I absolutely agree. And I DO think she should be fired instantly. I'm just saying all may not be as bad as our sensationalist news would like us to think.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uizmvkrKlxVGonnhNQRCD4EO5SXT6NrEXBPtcB0ifIpRKVznJpSRsgLsZNEVPnoz