1 2
Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/25/08 12:10 p.m.

Saw a trailer for this when I watched Hellboy 2.

They're coming out with a new Death Race.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
7/25/08 1:46 p.m.

Well, it would be hard for it to be worse than the original (or course that was some of its charm), but it does look to be a bit "overdone".

P.S. In the trailer they say the Mustang has 30mm Gatling guns on it. There is no way those are 30mm, the one 30mm Gatling gun on an A-10 takes up about half the front part of the plane.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
7/25/08 1:58 p.m.

I was not all that impressed. It seems to be a "if you saw the trailer, you saw the movie" kind of movie to me.

YMMV

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
7/25/08 2:07 p.m.

They cannot make anything that will top the original. That movie is perfection!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/25/08 2:15 p.m.
P.S. In the trailer they say the Mustang has 30mm Gatling guns on it. There is no way those are 30mm, the one 30mm Gatling gun on an A-10 takes up about half the front part of the plane.

I think this movie is what they call "fiction." (And yes, I've been a roll all day.)

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
7/25/08 2:31 p.m.

cars with guns, it still is going to be a fun movie just for that though. even if the rest of the movie sucks.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/25/08 2:31 p.m.

I don't care if it's fiction. I'm going.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
7/25/08 4:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
I think this movie is what they call "fiction." (And yes, I've been a roll all day.)

Regardless if it's fiction or not, I've never seen anyone remotely as hot as the girls in that trailer in a womens prison. If there's a prison with girls that hot in it, then I'm making a career change to be a guard there.

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
7/25/08 4:30 p.m.

Im going too. When the preview started, I about pooped myself, cause I thought it was going to be a Twisted Metal movie...

Joey

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/25/08 4:42 p.m.

That's so retarded its brilliant.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/25/08 6:58 p.m.

I am going to watch it and be damn happy about it. Its got cars with guns and pretty girls and (death) racing. What more can you ask for?

matt_fulghum
matt_fulghum New Reader
7/25/08 8:29 p.m.

but it doesn't have david carradine :(

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
7/25/08 9:37 p.m.

Yay, carmageddon the movie! (which was based on the original death race movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmageddon

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
7/26/08 8:31 a.m.
matt_fulghum wrote: but it doesn't have david carradine :(

But it does have Joan Allen. Top shelf talent + $$$$ + cocktail napkin script = summer movie

stroker
stroker New Reader
7/26/08 8:59 a.m.

Don't forget Sly Stallone was in Death Race 2000, too.

"Who was responsible for the Great Crash of '77? The FRENCH!"

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/26/08 4:42 p.m.

this one has Jason Statham in it. YAY!

By the way, I agree, if you have seen the trailer, you have seen the movie, they gave away way too much of it in the preview...i will still see it though.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
7/27/08 5:08 p.m.

I will go see the new deathrace movie, and I will probably like it ... I know I am a tool!

AudiMike
AudiMike Reader
7/27/08 8:54 p.m.

I am actually looking forward to seeing the new Deathrace movie. Of course it cant be near as good as the original as the original was filled with VW's and David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone. I bet both of them wish they never made Deathrace 2000! LOL

Mike K

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro New Reader
7/28/08 12:47 a.m.

Is there going to be a tampon car, I mean "buzzbomb" like the original?

Shawn

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
7/28/08 11:49 a.m.

Do they still get points for killing bystanders? If not, I'm not going.

seann
seann New Reader
7/28/08 11:55 a.m.

Seems like it's more a remake of Running Man than death race 2000.

EricM
EricM Reader
7/28/08 12:27 p.m.

Gesh,

Where is the guy with the hand grenade for a hand? The only way to stop is is to win it. I liked the original, this looks like crap. And normally I like crap like this......but I will pass this time.

cghstang
cghstang New Reader
7/28/08 1:09 p.m.

Agreed, not a faithful re-make but...

Watching that trailer makes me remember that I still want to build a Mad Max/post apocalyptic/demolition derby-style street car

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/28/08 2:22 p.m.

Did you guys know they have the original Death Race Vette at the Mid America Motorworks museum? There's some other cool cars there, but that one was my favorite!

Mid America Motorworks museum

aircooled
aircooled Dork
7/28/08 3:39 p.m.

What's the deal with the face engine in the back of the Death Race Vette (actually a VolkVair) shown there? The one from the movie definitely did not have that.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GwbL7CAnytibCL7JIb82NmyLiJSZEszQr8OZECidRuMUbz2rokuFBLw7t8oL5xeI