1 2 3
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/17/20 10:25 a.m.

I realize everyone will probably make crazy fun of me for it, but I have this:

Amazingly comfy, and my lower-back pain all but disappeared with it. Probably the thing I miss most now that I'm WFH, but I confess, it's too funny-looking to have in the house.

Margie

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Pretty sure that would dump me on the floor when I fell asleep at my desk. 

Maybe that's not a bad thing.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/17/20 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

Oh, it would. Definitely keeps you more alert!

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/22/20 2:16 p.m.

At the beginning of the lockdown, when I knew I was going to have to be at home, I ended up purchasing this chair- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amia-Work-Task-Chair-by-Steelcase/133357032991?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I know this is an old thread, but I'm the same size as the original poster- 6'1" and about 250.  When I got this chair it was 385 all in (shipped and taxes).  So if you can find it around that price, I think it's an exceptional deal.

I really, really like the chair.  I wanted a mid back, with cloth (I have issues with the mesh ones pinching leg hair when I wear shorts), lots of adjustability and lumbar support.  It's heavy duty, this and other Steelcase chairs get really good ratings, and I have had a different Steelcase chair in an office environment in a past job.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/24/20 8:13 p.m.

I have one of the Gaiam chairs too. Not bad. 

But the La-Z-Boy one is FAR better for snoozing :)

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/20 8:29 p.m.

I fart right through a Size C Herman Miller Aeron also. My chair was a gift from a former employer when he closed up the shop. 

If you shop these Chairs (or other high end office chairs) beware they come in sizes. I'm 6'-5" and around 205 - the Aeron size C chair fits me... great.

Check out their size charts if you buy sight unseen from EBay or something. 

I do have an early Aeron - purchased new around 2001 and the original adjustable lumbar pad is fairly fragile... but Parts are easy to source. If you buy one try to find the newer lumbar design. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z3q2Agh05IjX3cLyUY7hswhdkCpmS7ZZw5OgbeiqdBCMAEMaCKTBOVJBQSgIAt82