1 2 3
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/23/16 9:38 a.m.

I'm canceling my subscription because of Jerry.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
6/23/16 9:39 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: The issue that had my 2004 Challenge car as a feature article also had scantily clad women in a junk yard on the cover. I seem to remember it being a flash point.

It also had a scantily clad JG in a wig next to a Subaru. If that's not enough to make people cancel I don't know what is

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
6/23/16 9:40 a.m.

I don't get the "anti-GM, or anti Ford". I'm just anti-junk. IF it's junk, it's junk. Every manufacturer has made them. Some continue to make them. But they all make some good stuff. I guess to me it's like blaming all muslims for a few, or all gun owners becauseof one moron, or all christians for the westboro morons etc. Blanket hatred helps no one. Unless it's against Honda. Then that is ok. (that was snarky sarcasm)

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
6/23/16 9:41 a.m.
Nick (picaso) Comstock wrote:
alfadriver wrote: The issue that had my 2004 Challenge car as a feature article also had scantily clad women in a junk yard on the cover. I seem to remember it being a flash point.
It also had a scantily clad JG in a wig next to a Subaru. If that's not enough to make people cancel I don't know what is

I thought he looked good... don't hate.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
6/23/16 10:13 a.m.

Bonzilla is canceling. I'm Renewing.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
6/23/16 10:13 a.m.

I propose a word filter to make "Jumped the Shark" into LS Swap.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
6/23/16 10:27 a.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

Which way?

The Fonz has just done an LS swap.

Or

I just Jumped the Shark with my S10.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/23/16 11:23 a.m.

I thought it was a cool article. Next issue : Yugo engine into a Lamborghini lol

I do think it's funny that it's considered blasphemy though.....I've owned primarily Ford's as has my family, when I looked for a challenge car I went for a caprice. So far the world hasn't ended

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/23/16 11:46 a.m.
kb58 wrote: Tangent: Ignore posts or articles which end with a "?" Tabloids use it to avoid "saying" anything they can get sued for. Saying "Elmo is a heroine junky" can get them in hot water but "Is Elmo a heroine junky?" doesn't - of course it also makes them appear they don't know themselves, which says a lot, but I digress.

This thread is stupid and you people are all idiots?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
6/23/16 12:04 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: I'm going to cancel my sub because of this thread

My prescription ends with the next issue so I don't have to.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
6/23/16 6:41 p.m.

People get way too excited over things that don't matter to them one way or another. I get amused by it really. I mean come on, a guy you probably will never meet, puts a motor in a car you will probably never see, and gets a nice article written about it, and in some way that affects your life enough to cancel a subscription to a magazine. Too funny. We are way too sensitive these days.

Personally I thought it was a cool car. Maybe not as cool as the off road Miata, but still cool!

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
6/23/16 7:07 p.m.

All the cars you see in any car mag are essentially piles of ideas. You can admire those ideas, steal them, or ridicule them. I don't think I would put an LS in a Mustang but there was at least half a dozen stealable ideas in that car if not more.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
6/23/16 7:17 p.m.

This place is like a clown car, just open the door and it's a laugh fest.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/23/16 7:54 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: I'm going to cancel my sub because of this thread

Ill take it if you arent using it. I encourage threads to be whatever they want to be.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/16 7:56 p.m.

When I was in high school, my Autos teacher was a Ford guy. He used to own a Boss 302 Mustang, he had a bunch of Ford engines in the school shop thanks to his Ford contacts, and his personal cars were a 5.0 Mustang and a manual trans Aerostar.

The latest issue of Car Craft had a picture someone sent in of an '84 SVO (had sealed-beam headlights) with the hood open and a TPI intake manifold peeking out of the darkness. I brought it in to show him and he just sort of got real quiet and made some comment that I wish I could remember 25-odd years later, but it was real subdued in a "must not lose composure in front of students" way.

Remember this was in the days before cheap and easy standalones, or even good OE level repair information, and someone had done an EFI drivetrain conversion with a completely different chassis. Altogether.

A few years ago, the shop we buy dyno time from had an employee with a 25psi boost 6.0 Fox-body that he put together after reading the Hot Rod article about the 1200hp 4.8.

Knurled
6/23/16 7:56 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I don't get the "anti-GM, or anti Ford". I'm just anti-junk. IF it's junk, it's junk.

So, you are anti-GM?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/23/16 7:57 p.m.
RealMiniParker wrote: In reply to WOW Really Paul?: Which way? The Fonz has just done an LS swap. Or I just Jumped the Shark with my S10.

Both are good.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
7/1/16 4:42 p.m.
Nick (picaso) Comstock wrote:

Found it

etifosi
etifosi Dork
7/1/16 6:29 p.m.

I wish I could cancel seeing that picture.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/16 6:33 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: This place is like a clown car, just open the door and it's a laugh fest.

And it smells funny

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/16 7:19 p.m.
Wall-e wrote:
TRoglodyte wrote: This place is like a clown car, just open the door and it's a laugh fest.
And it smells funny

Oh, uh, excuse me.

Can someone open a window?

I had Mexican for dinner....

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
7/2/16 8:49 a.m.

i don't see what the big deal is about an LS engine in a Mustang: the LS engine actually looks a lot like a Windsor motor with a Chevy bellhousing pattern when you look closely at it..

the port layout and spacing is the same as a Windsor- you can use 5.0 Mustang headers on an LS by just welding the LS flanges on it, which takes care of the hardest part of swapping one of them into a Ford product.

the head bolt pattern is really close to the same as a Windsor- i remember an engine builder telling me that they use a slightly modified Windsor torque plate for doing the final hone on the LS engines. this brings up the intriguing possibility of putting LS heads on a Windsor- anyone up for trying to make that a reality? can't be any worse than putting Cleveland heads on one..

and, to top it all off, GM sells a timing chain cover that allows you to run a distributor and mechanical fuel pump on the LS engines- and it's designed to use a Windsor distributor and fuel pump. get some valve cover adapters ro run the Windsor covers(which are a thing that you can buy) and put a stock Ford ignition setup on it, and 90% of the people that ever look at an LS swapped Mustang would think it's still got a 5.0 under the hood..

i honestly think that GM introduced the LS in the 97 model year because Ford was killing the Windsor off after the 96 model year and they wanted to show them that they were giving up on a good thing by falling into the "everything must have a camshaft or two bolted to the top of the cylinder head" trap...

fireball123
fireball123 Reader
7/3/16 9:41 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
kb58 wrote: Tangent: Ignore posts or articles which end with a "?" Tabloids use it to avoid "saying" anything they can get sued for. Saying "Elmo is a heroine junky" can get them in hot water but "Is Elmo a heroine junky?" doesn't - of course it also makes them appear they don't know themselves, which says a lot, but I digress.
This thread is stupid and you people are all idiots? . .

speak for yourself

fireball123
fireball123 Reader
7/3/16 9:43 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I'm canceling my subscription because of Jerry.

me too life sucks and Jerry maid it a hole lot worse so I'm just done

Knurled
7/3/16 10:19 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

I've said it before and I will say it again: Chevy perfected the small block Ford when they introduced the LS1.

And I'd really like to see some Cleveland-look valve covers for one. Heck, even dummy covers to cover up the coil packs would be pretty sweet.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m3OrrhdDoxpernJ1Izb4QffzmNpjSTbcMBK84A7Sunu8Nhk7iAOJaRct6ER8OdvK