Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/17/20 6:16 p.m.

I need to turn a device on like 10 seconds then off for like 30 minutes.  It can control either 5 VDC or 110 VAC.  Cheap and something I can do without having to order are bonuses.  I'm stumped.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/17/20 6:20 p.m.

It needs to repeat that cycle? For how long?

Stampie (FS)
7/17/20 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Yes and forever.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/17/20 6:36 p.m.

I can almost guarantee it would be cheaper to order online than at a store, but you're in Florida, surely there's a hydroponics store nearby. A digital Flood and drain timer would be your bet. 

Stampie (FS)
7/17/20 11:54 p.m.

Think I'm going to order this tomorrow unless someone can come up with a better solution.

Amazon Timer Thingy

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/18/20 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

That looks like the best version I can come up with. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/18/20 8:52 a.m.

I have a couple old mechanical light timers similar to this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermatic-15-Amp-24-Hour-Indoor-Plug-In-Timer-White-TN111K/205478759?MERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-205478760-_-205478759-_-N  I picked mine up used at yard sales for a few dollars each, but even new they're less than $20 at Home Depot.  Intermatic is a good brand name, but there are many others.  It just plugs into the wall socket, and then you plug your device into it.

Edit:  I just re-read your post and you only want to turn it on for ten seconds (I was thinking ten minutes.)  So, this style probably won't work.

noodle
noodle GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/18/20 10:17 a.m.

Check out the local grocery store's produce department and ask what they use to spray down the greens.

Stampie (FS)
7/18/20 10:40 a.m.

In reply to noodle :

Thanks but I'm betting they use an industrial timer that I can't get today.  I just ordered the Amazon timer.  Should be here Wednesday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8OdqoqVSJA7cUFoSVKoFkYPmg3P38G16PVVEhR6fB44OzEzLlMhP9lDHTlXOHVmc