pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 1:35 p.m.

I have a line on a 2010 Mazda CX-9. Its an estate sale from a friend of a friend. If it needed a lot of mechanical work and detailing, I could lowball and do the work and turn a profit. But we went to look at it and it is in really great shape. No surface or body rust, no damage, top-spec, big motor, AWD, leather, in really great shape all around.

120,000 miles, and it has been sitting since late 2018/early 2019, so it needs brakes and rotors, new tires, a battery, fluids, detailed, stuff like that. I can get it for $5K and they sell for $8-$9k. I may have to sit on it a while considering the current situation.

If I can't sell it, I give it to the daughter to replace the Cherokee. Which I take and start building for overlanding. Which clearly makes me no money.

WWGRMD?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 1:36 p.m.

When my buddy saw it, it was green from sitting under trees for a year. Sadly it cleaned up pretty well with just some soap and water. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/27/20 1:36 p.m.

I would't buy it to profit, in this climate. If I wanted to overland a Cherokee, then buying it and giving to daughter makes sense. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/27/20 1:54 p.m.

While it's a different vehicle than my 2019, with which I am still enamored, it was glowing reviews of the earlier CX-9's owned by friends and acquaintances that pointed me in their direction in the first place. 

If you have a need for such a vehicle, I think you'll find it to be better than you'd likely expect.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kBHwbAiKrBMxKN5gyy2XM5OrM5n0vPdL4x3CwAZJzt9T89vpBgJCQrKSx6cm2Mtm