Will
Will UltraDork
8/29/17 8:19 p.m.

Picked up this tip from the Supercoupe board.

Take the direct photobucket link and insert "~original" immediately after the ".jpg".

Test:

As expected, didn't work.

Yup, works.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
8/29/17 8:33 p.m.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Wonder if they'll shut that down eventually...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/17 8:44 p.m.

That could be implemented at a forum-wide level. Or a fairly easy browser plugin.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
8/29/17 8:46 p.m.

Just updated a build thread, and it's working. Wonder for how long?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/17 10:42 p.m.

Best way to fix PB, pull your pics and delete your account. Teach the greedy bastards that they went too far in holding our pictures hostage.

I would have considered $100 a year to allow linking, but $400 is 4X what I pay for my blog, do they really think that the pictures are worth more? Especially in this day and age of cheap bandwidth, memory, and servers.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/30/17 6:24 a.m.

seems to work.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
8/30/17 9:45 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: Best way to fix PB, pull your pics and delete your account. Teach the greedy bastards that they went too far in holding our pictures hostage. I would have considered $100 a year to allow linking, but $400 is 4X what I pay for my blog, do they really think that the pictures are worth more? Especially in this day and age of cheap bandwidth, memory, and servers.

I'm one of the people who can't get a bunch of their folders to download properly, i have the pictures stashed somewhere, but not going to hunt for them and upload them all to a new service.

Going forward, though, probably just going to use Flickr. No way I'm uploading anything more to Photobucket.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/30/17 9:52 a.m.

It seems inconsistent. Will's first photo doesn't show up for me. His second does. NOHOME's pic shows a broken link.

Will
Will UltraDork
8/30/17 5:29 p.m.
Ian F wrote: It seems inconsistent. Will's first photo doesn't show up for me. His second does. NOHOME's pic shows a broken link.

The whole point of my first pic was using the non-modified link as the control group. It wasn't supposed to show up.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
8/30/17 5:53 p.m.
Will wrote:
Ian F wrote: It seems inconsistent. Will's first photo doesn't show up for me. His second does. NOHOME's pic shows a broken link.
The whole point of my first pic was using the non-modified link as the control group. It wasn't supposed to show up.

I see them both.

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
8/30/17 6:19 p.m.

I would never give them any money just on the principle of the amount of useful information that is lost because of them. No one is going to go back and update 10 year old forum posts, but now you can't see any of the pictures anymore. I hope they go out of business or are bought by someone less stupid and greedy.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/17 7:21 p.m.

Or just download the chrome extension. It works and problem solved.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
8/30/17 7:35 p.m.
bmw88rider wrote: Or just download the chrome extension. It works and problem solved.

I didn't realize that was a thing. Just downloaded one in Firefox it works fine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ldM5V1gtFAJd6fB3hLWXu19WOYWslrpSGrTUjxDVJrby3PhJ3NIs1SBnBVQjiE8p