1 2 3 4
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/28/22 5:35 p.m.

Title says it all.

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Got today's word in four guesses.  Best ever is three.  It's only been about a week since my 16-y.o. turned me on to it. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/22 5:48 p.m.

Every day. Out of 42 played I've got it in 2 twice. 

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/28/22 5:55 p.m.

I've never gotten it in two, but I do play nearly every day. It's a good little game - challenging, but not too big of a commitment.

My real addiction is to crosswords - I have a 130 day streak on the NYT crossword right now.

Spelling bee is fun too if you like word games, I usually only play if the total points available are less than ~100. Otherwise it's too much work haha.

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
2/28/22 5:57 p.m.

Never played before. So this is what all the fuss is about. Not bad. Four tries, so at least I didn't blow it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/28/22 5:58 p.m.

Today in 3. I've done two once. I'm generally at a four, but I think I need to tweak my starting words.  There's an app called wordly on the Google store that's identical with different words, so I get two plays a day. I generally do it right in the morning, helps me wake up. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/28/22 5:59 p.m.

Got a good streak goin.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/28/22 6:59 p.m.

We may or may not have created a dedicated forum for Wordle discussions in our internal company chat.

Get enough word-punchers together and things get competitive. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/22 7:20 p.m.

As heard somewhere else.

No. I'm in the control group. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/28/22 7:22 p.m.

Yup. Only share it with 2 buddies. But yup. We also do quordle. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/28/22 8:13 p.m.

Yup. Never in one or two. I'm very methodical about it. Get it in 4 the majority of the time.

Today was in 3.

My opening word is: SOARE

I usually follow with something like: CHIMP, CHAMP, CHOMP, CLOMP, etc.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/28/22 8:14 p.m.

My interest extended only to the point of Googling  "What is Wordle?"

No Time
No Time SuperDork
2/28/22 8:28 p.m.

I usually start with aloud or alien and then work from there. So how I missed a day or two so my streak was broken.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/28/22 8:49 p.m.

Yes. Fun game and it's given me a reason to banter daily with my mother (From afar). First time I played it I likened it to sudoku with letters-  since there is an element of "process of elimination"

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/28/22 8:50 p.m.
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/22 8:57 a.m.

Today's woes upset me a great deal. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/1/22 9:15 a.m.

Nope. Didn't know what it was until I saw this thread. 

Being a Tech Writer and looking at this stuff all day, I can barely force myself to read a book, much less mess with words when I'm not getting paid. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/22 10:14 a.m.

No.

Most annoying thing ever really. My whole family plays and there is an endless group text with them all flopping their units out to compete for size. Pretty much zero has been said with just a bunch of wordle screen shots with some "wow" and "doh" thrown in.

Zero interest.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/22 10:26 a.m.

I think I can figure out what Wordle is from context but other than that, no idea.

Is there a hangman involved?

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/1/22 10:28 a.m.

Yep. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/22 10:28 a.m.

In reply to iansane :

Sorta. It's hangman x mastermind. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/1/22 10:29 a.m.

I play with a friend. 

A few days ago, we both got it in 3. When we shared screenshots, we had both picked the EXACT SAME 3 words. 

Really weird. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/1/22 10:46 a.m.

I think it is a brilliant little program. It encourages friendly competition  without forcing addiction to continuously playing. 

I love that the programmer who wrote it just wrote it because his partner liked word games, and I also love that his deal with NY Times netted him 7 figures. Bravo!

It's a great little success story without the "world domination and disruption" attitude that many tech businesses seem to have. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/22 10:48 a.m.

In reply to SV reX :

And it's so, so simple. I play for a max of 10min a day, and I play two versions. After that, I'm good. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/1/22 11:25 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Exactly. It's a fairly minimal commitment.  Not like apps that are trying to maximize your viewing time so they can sell advertising. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/1/22 11:47 a.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

No.

Most annoying thing ever really. My whole family plays and there is an endless group text with them all flopping their units out to compete for size. Pretty much zero has been said with just a bunch of wordle screen shots with some "wow" and "doh" thrown in.

Zero interest.

I know it's hard to see people enjoying things you don't like, but you don't have to think the worst of them. Maybe they're just having fun!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yGEedJPn5Vdl9kjTsaNQmQkUiv1MvnOD0UR5ProrTMAJvvjF9XVBhBchigu6vyhg